The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anderson Silva vs. Royce Gracie (90's)

+2
DFDmike
Mortis
6 posters

Go down

Anderson Silva vs. Royce Gracie (90's) Empty Anderson Silva vs. Royce Gracie (90's)

Post  Mortis Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:14 pm

Who would win?

Anderson Silva from today or Royce Gracie in his prime in the 1990's? Royce was weighing in at 180-185 back then, so weight would not be an issue.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva vs. Royce Gracie (90's) Empty Re: Anderson Silva vs. Royce Gracie (90's)

Post  DFDmike Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:51 am

anderson... anderson all day... people like royce didnt get worse, the sport got better. now if royce grew up in andersons generation and had already seen MMA and have well rounded camps, then maybe he would have been just as good as anderson is now.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva vs. Royce Gracie (90's) Empty Re: Anderson Silva vs. Royce Gracie (90's)

Post  Jennifer Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:30 am

Silva. That man is unstoppable.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:56 am

It would depend, I mean if you are going with the full knowledge that Anderson has now and you are going with the limited knowledge that Royce had then and still has now. I don't think Royce can hang with the mindset of today's fighters. His style is pure BJJ. He used to only throw the punch to get the clinch, only kicked to get the clench. He had no stand up at all. Anderson would just keep him on his feet and beat the hell out of him. Anderson also has the BJJ to get back up after being taken down.

I don't think Royce would stand a chance.

Granted I am not as technically knowledgeable as most of you.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:36 am

Man! That's a good one. Maybe I'm thinking with my heart a little, but I'm kind of old school. I'd give it to Royce. Do you remember that Dan Severn fight?! And that's not the old, washed up Severn. That's a 15 year younger Severn! And he out-weighed Royce by at least 50 lbs. You can never underestimate a Gracie in his prime!

Chris Fries
TLOS

Admin
Admin

https://thelightsoutshow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:58 am

I don't really think it's underestimating Royce to say that the underevolved fighter couldn't beat the epitome of mixed martial artist...Anderson is a super fighter right now (not super as in swell but super as in a cut above the rest)
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:08 pm

Admin wrote:Man! That's a good one. Maybe I'm thinking with my heart a little, but I'm kind of old school. I'd give it to Royce. Do you remember that Dan Severn fight?! And that's not the old, washed up Severn. That's a 15 year younger Severn! And he out-weighed Royce by at least 50 lbs. You can never underestimate a Gracie in his prime!

Chris Fries
TLOS

i agree with jake's response.

also, i read this as "That's a 15 year old Severn!" and I swear I died...

it really comes down to everyone having good wrestling... silva's sprawl isn't that good, but compared to those old school takedowns by BJJ guys... yes. he would sprawl all day. also, royce never fought a BJJ black belt. why do you think he would submit him??
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:10 pm

Damn, I also read it as 15 year old...
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down