The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WEC Faber vs. Brown

4 posters

Go down

WEC Faber vs. Brown Empty WEC Faber vs. Brown

Post  Jennifer Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:41 pm

Urijah Faber vs. Mike Brown should be a pretty good fight. I think it will end quickly but should be exciting to watch. Jens is fighting on that same card against Leonardo Garcia.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

WEC Faber vs. Brown Empty Re: WEC Faber vs. Brown

Post  Mortis Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:14 pm

This is a really good card! Paul Filho vs. Chael Chonnan is also on the card, as well as Ed Ratcliff vs. Danny Castillo, which will probably be a good fight. Rob McCullough and Yoshiro Maeda are both on the card as well, who are both exciting fighters. Can't to watch it Wednesday!
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:11 pm

Agreed, the whole card sounds great but I am most excited about Urijah's fight.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:01 pm

Jennifer wrote:Agreed, the whole card sounds great but I am most excited about Urijah's fight.

You and me both Smile

Btw.. I guess Urijah's and Jen's 6-month suspensions (both due to injuries sustained in their fight against each other in June) were lifted. There was probably a stipulation that I didn't catch.. like suspended for 6 months unless otherwise cleared by a doctor or something.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:59 pm

Yea, I assume so since they are both fighting the same night. I am sure they both eager to get back in there. I know I am eager to watch.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:49 am

What a surprise! I went 1-2 in the Top 3 fights. I actually had Chael Sonnen defeating Paul Filho by UD... but I figured Filho would at least put up more of a fight. He looked like he didn't care and didn't want to be there... not making weight for the title fight pretty much said that as well. Even if you didn't care because you didn't make weight.. you'd think he'd still want to keep his undefeated record intact. I think Filho showed disrespect to Chonnen, the WEC, and it's fans not just by not making weight, but basically doing nothing in the ring! The WEC should do something about that.

Pulver vs. Garcia - Wow, Garcia can hit!

Faber vs. Brown - Did not see this coming. Urijah is a stand up guy even in defeat. Though, unfortunately, this takes him off my list of #1 P4P fighter in the world. Anderson Silva is the man, now. Urijah is still in the Top 10, though.. possibly the Top 5.. and is still my all-time favorite fighter.

What's next?

Urijah Faber - Battle back up the 145 ladder? If that's the case, I think his next fight should be against Leonard Garcia. Garcia proved that he can hang with the big boys. Would be a good match for both of them...... but personally, with this loss by Faber. I see it as a perfect time to move up to 155 and fight in the UFC. With this loss, there is so much more available to Faber, and so much more for him to gain in the UFC at 155. We all want to see Faber fight Griffin and Penn, and I'm sure most of us would like to see him take on the rest of the top lightweights in the UFC as well..... Faber and Huerta --- Faber and Sherk --- Faber and Guida --- Faber and Florian --- any of those fights would be great to watch!
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:20 am

faber was your number one?! he couldnt even finish pulver and he is in a very shallow weight class that is really new.

filho though wow... he uhh... did anyone catch him like hallucinating and talking to... uhhh... what appeared to be no one while he was fighting. it was actually pretty bizarre and scary. im interested to see how his drug test comes back hah. dude has been clinically depressed for sometime, probably has a chemical imbalance in his brain.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:53 am

I have to say that I was more than surprised with Urijah vs. Brown but I agree that this would be a great time for Faber to jump to 155 and head on over to the UFC. He has talked about it before but he said he normally walks around at 135 and has to gain 10 pounds just to fight in the Featherweight division so I can imagine it might be tough for him to gain 20 pounds and keep it on. Some people have crazy metablolism.

I don't know why it's surprising that Mortis said Faber is his number one fighter. He is a great fighter in my opinion and has proven to be very skilled in the octagon. He lost tonight but it in reality it can happen to anyone. I don't think he is any less of a fighter because he didn't finish Jens. You can't knock em everytime.

Oh yea and what happened to Brown? He looked as if he broke a rib or two but I didn't see anything that might have caused it. I will have to go back and watch it again to see if I can catch it.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:07 am

DFDmike wrote:faber was your number one?! he couldnt even finish pulver and he is in a very shallow weight class that is really new.

filho though wow... he uhh... did anyone catch him like hallucinating and talking to... uhhh... what appeared to be no one while he was fighting. it was actually pretty bizarre and scary. im interested to see how his drug test comes back hah. dude has been clinically depressed for sometime, probably has a chemical imbalance in his brain.
Yeah, I saw that. I was really interested and was hoping it would come up in a post fight interview somewhere, haha...thought Im PRETTY sure it wont...
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:00 pm

Jennifer wrote:He has talked about it before but he said he normally walks around at 135 and has to gain 10 pounds just to fight in the Featherweight division so I can imagine it might be tough for him to gain 20 pounds and keep it on. Some people have crazy metablolism.

His walk around weight is actually 150-155. If his walk around weight was 135, I'm sure he would fight at 135.

EDIT: Listening to TLOS right now.. I guess Faber is actually thinking about fighting at 135.. but the Bantamweight class (135) is pretty stacked... would be cool to see Faber vs. Torres, though. But, the only way that Faber can improve himself and his legacy is to fight in the UFC at 155. Featherweight has nothing else to offer him. The top contenders around his size is the UFC at 155.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:19 am

I watched an interview where he said he walks around at 135 and how he considers himself one of the lucky ones that can eat basically whatever he wants because he has to gain, unlike a lot of guys who have to lose, in order to make weight for a fight.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:14 pm

Jennifer wrote:I watched an interview where he said he walks around at 135 and how he considers himself one of the lucky ones that can eat basically whatever he wants because he has to gain, unlike a lot of guys who have to lose, in order to make weight for a fight.

this doesn't even remotely make sense... even IF he walked at 135, he wouldn't "gain" to "make" weight. he would just fight at 135. anyone can look at him, see his size, and realize he clearly cuts weight.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:06 pm

I just know what I heard him say. He was asked if he had ever considered putting on 10 pounds and moving up a weight class. He said he already has to gain weight before his fights as it is. Maybe he just doesn't want to fight at bantam weight, who knows. That wasn't the point of the conversation. It was several months ago when I watched the video but I will see if I can find it and post the link.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Jennifer wrote:I just know what I heard him say. He was asked if he had ever considered putting on 10 pounds and moving up a weight class. He said he already has to gain weight before his fights as it is. Maybe he just doesn't want to fight at bantam weight, who knows. That wasn't the point of the conversation. It was several months ago when I watched the video but I will see if I can find it and post the link.

Not trying to call you out or anything Jennifer.. I'm just the type of person that won't let go until I prove I'm right or proven I'm wrong, lol Wink (My wife hates that, too)

http://blogs.chron.com/fighting/2008/09/urijah_faber_talks_about_fight_1.html

Urijah Faber talks about fighting at 155

"I'd like to do a couple fights at 155," he commented. "I walk around about 154, but I wouldn't necessarily put on weight, I'd just kind of go in as I am. I think before it's all said and done, I will have fought some super fights at 55, probably some at 35, and make my home at 45."
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:18 pm

I am not worried about it guys. It's really not a big deal. It's just something I heard him say awhile back. I don't know the age of the interview so it's all good. I only repeated it because it's something I heard him say and not something someone said they heard him say. Either way, NBD.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down