The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's next for Kimbo Slice?

+5
Rampage
Admin
DRMMA618
GREYFOX
Mortis
9 posters

Go down

What's next for Kimbo Slice? Empty What's next for Kimbo Slice?

Post  Mortis Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:12 pm

He had a 4 fight contract with Elite XC.. and he just lost his last fight in his contract in 12 seconds. Do you think Elite XC will resign him, or is his 15 minutes of fame up?
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

What's next for Kimbo Slice? Empty My thoughts...

Post  GREYFOX Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:41 pm

I honestly think that Elite XC will re-sign Kimbo, but, I see it only being a 2 fight deal. Then I see a Kimbo vs. Ken Shamrock fight, followed by a Kimbo vs. Brett Rogers fight. After that, Elite XC will re-evaluate based upon the outcome of those 2 anticipated showdowns.

**However, this is all dependent upon Elite XC remaining in business**
GREYFOX
GREYFOX

Back to top Go down

What's next for Kimbo Slice? Empty Re: What's next for Kimbo Slice?

Post  Mortis Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:03 pm

I can see that happening. That seems logical.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

What's next for Kimbo Slice? Empty Kimbo Slice Vs. Seth Petruzelli

Post  DRMMA618 Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:23 am

I'm sorry, but I was laughing my Ass of, seeing the reaction of Jared "Scala" Shaw and Jeremy Lappan.

Especially seeing Jared doing the fist bumps at cage side.

DRMMA618

Back to top Go down

What's next for Kimbo Slice? Empty Kimbo's still got mileage

Post  Admin Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:34 am

Now, for our "viewing pleasure" we will be subjected to Kimbo vs Petruzelli part 2 and they're still going to shove Ken Shamrock vs Kimbo down our throats. There's your contract. Hip-hip...hooray!!!!!!!!!!

Chris
TLOS

Admin
Admin

https://thelightsoutshow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:03 am

Admin wrote:Now, for our "viewing pleasure" we will be subjected to Kimbo vs Petruzelli part 2 and they're still going to shove Ken Shamrock vs Kimbo down our throats. There's your contract. Hip-hip...hooray!!!!!!!!!!

Chris
TLOS

He needs to be fighting guys his own weight class, since Seth and Ken are both light heavyweights.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Rampage Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 pm

Seth was saying he was told to stand up

I'm extremely pist at this....I do not want any of that boxing vibe in MMA.

Boxing Vibe = Fixed Fighting
Rampage
Rampage

http://www.myspace.com/trojnmanplease

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:31 pm

Rampage wrote:Seth was saying he was told to stand up

I'm extremely pist at this....I do not want any of that boxing vibe in MMA.

Boxing Vibe = Fixed Fighting

I agree with you.. though, the Kimbo / Seth fight wasn't fixed, obviously. I understand what you're saying.. they were "encouraging" him to fight a certain way.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  GREYFOX Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:08 pm

That sounds like exactly what happened, Seth was "asked" to "do you best to put on a stand up fight" with Kimbo for the fans sake. He admitted to it, then Shaw responded with "... Uh, I'm not sure what he was talking about. I never said or heard anybody say that." And I am sure they got in touch with Seth's manager and that conversation went something along the lines of "... if Seth ever wants to fight again in the Elite XC, he will RETRACT his statement immediately, if not sooner!" Then all the sudden Seth comes out in another interview saying "Well, that's not exactly what I meant *wink, wink*"

Honestly, I think it was stated, keep it standing and there will be a bonus for you. But, I don't put too much value into it, because I am sure if it had been Kimbo throwing down on Seth, and Seth felt overmatched, he would have said "Screw the bonus, I'm taking this guy down to the matt!" Probably the exact same thing Ken Shamrock would have done.

Either way, Seth de-railed that media money train in less time than it takes for most guys to take a leak! Nice job Seth, and win or lose your next fight, you made a GIGANTIC statement to Mr Street Thug.
GREYFOX
GREYFOX

Back to top Go down

Post  Rampage Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:44 am

Yeah he did great. He had nothing to gain from saying that they wanted him to stand, so probably true. Now....Seth fighting at LHW or HW??
Rampage
Rampage

http://www.myspace.com/trojnmanplease

Back to top Go down

What's next for Kimbo Slice? Empty This was Dana White after Saturday

Post  DRMMA618 Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:55 am

I think that Dana White at his next interview or press conference he is going to say the lines of ""Kimbo lost to a guy we cut and he is a f***ing 205 lbs fighter...Kimbo lost to a F***ing UFC reject...This is an F***ing joke..."

I believe that Dana White has the same grin smile after ZUFFA bought out PRIDE FC.

What's next for Kimbo Slice? 20081007010607_small_dana

DRMMA618

Back to top Go down

What's next for Kimbo Slice? Empty What's next for Kimbo

Post  The JDH Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:12 am

The thing that is unique about Kimbo is that he is a "lightning rod" of MMA (Hardcore & casual) opinion and intrest. No-one in the MMA community wanted to see Kimbo fight Ken Shamrock... but the CBS show got a huge 4.3 rating. "Hater's" can say it was due to Arlovski or Carano, but the truth was it was because of Kimbo. Everyone knows he's not a well rounded fighter by any means... and that he is being "protected" by EliteXC... but the one thing he is, is exciting.... the casual fan loves excitement. After the Thompson fight and this loss, Kimbo will never be "the face of MMA", but he will still be a star and people will tune in to watch him fight.

I think his next fight will be against Ken Shamrock, then he will "avenge" his loss to Seth.... both will draw big ratings for CBS and EliteXC

That's just my opinion.

JDH
The JDH
The JDH

http://www.thelightsoutshow.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:38 pm

The dislike of Kimbo does not come from hating Kimbo himself. It comes from the overhype and dislike for the way that Elite XC is promoting him. People grow a dislike for things that are overhyped and overrated. To steer away from MMA.. the game, Halo, is the same way. A good game, yes. Best game of all time as hyped by Microsoft and by some people? No. Far from it.

I actually do like Kimbo as a person. He's an alright fighter, too. He is just way too overhyped and overrated, but Kimbo never said he was the greatest MMA fighter of all-time, and he has always been respectful post fight. The overhyping comes from Elite XC.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:50 am

Admin wrote:Now, for our "viewing pleasure" we will be subjected to Kimbo vs Petruzelli part 2 and they're still going to shove Ken Shamrock vs Kimbo down our throats. There's your contract. Hip-hip...hooray!!!!!!!!!!

Chris
TLOS

I agree, there's no way they are going to blow off the Shamrock/Kimbo fiasco.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:56 am

The JDH wrote:The thing that is unique about Kimbo is that he is a "lightning rod" of MMA (Hardcore & casual) opinion and intrest. No-one in the MMA community wanted to see Kimbo fight Ken Shamrock... but the CBS show got a huge 4.3 rating. "Hater's" can say it was due to Arlovski or Carano, but the truth was it was because of Kimbo. Everyone knows he's not a well rounded fighter by any means... and that he is being "protected" by EliteXC... but the one thing he is, is exciting.... the casual fan loves excitement. After the Thompson fight and this loss, Kimbo will never be "the face of MMA", but he will still be a star and people will tune in to watch him fight.

I think his next fight will be against Ken Shamrock, then he will "avenge" his loss to Seth.... both will draw big ratings for CBS and EliteXC

That's just my opinion.

JDH

I admit that I am not a fan of Kimbo and agree that is not a well rounded fighter, not ever close. I also admit that I tuned in and had every guilty intention of watching the Kimbo/Shamrock fight that I complained about from the moment I first heard about it, BUT, I would never have bought a PPV based on that match up.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:06 pm

I will be honest, I would love to see Kimbo do something legit. I really think that Kimbo has been being sheltered as people's meal tickets since he began fighting. When he wins, everything is good but when starts to lose what happens? What kind of fights are they giving him?

If you look at his loss to Gannon (one of his street fights) his buddy was jumping in and interfering trying to get him to win. If you look at his fights in the EliteXC they were giving him washed up people they thought he could stomp. The guy has basically been a "boxing Kangaroo".

I mean absolutely no disrespect to him, but I mean all the disrespect in the world to his "handlers". He is just their meal ticket. He needs to go somewhere that he is just another fighter. Ya he might not get the big bucks but if he is serious about it, he will be tested. If he is what he thinks he is, he will come out victorious. Isn't that what all his street fights were about? To show how he can be anyone anytime anywhere?

Or were they all about how much money they brought with them to the back yard? If that was the case, no ones bringing them suitcases any more and he's done. I know there will be a rematch but he is gonna have to make a decision. Just be a fighter and drop the hype or be homeless again. I don't think they will keep him around much longer if he doesn't just start small somewhere else. Just be another fighter. Build up the hype. It's kinda too late but he really shouldn't have come in like that. Lesnar came in with a lil less hype. I liked that. I think he is a lil too arrogant and flashy but maybe that's his nerves and excitement showing. He should take after Lesnar in going for the legitimate show and testing himself against real fighters.

I don't know. just thoughts.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:19 am

Just like anyone looking for a fresh start and "finding" themselves again, he needs to either shave his head or grow a beard.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down