The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing my self

+2
sho89mtx
ReformedWretch
6 posters

Go down

Introducing my self Empty Introducing my self

Post  ReformedWretch Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Hello all

I've been an MMA fan for about ten years now and a Light Out Show listener for almost a year. I'm a C.N.C. machinist (third shifter) and I listen to the show on my ipod every night at work to help pass the time. I'm 39, married with an adopted daughter who's all grown up and living on her own working as a TV news reporter in Connecticut. My favorite fighter has always been Matt Hughes but I realize he's starting to fade away (sadly). I do hope he destroys Matt Sera though! I like Randy Couture as well (yes, I know I've gotta get some new favorites lol), I cannot stand BJ Penn, and feel the top fighters in the world right now are Fedor, Anderson Silva, and GSP.

My name here reflects that I'm a born again Christian. I do get some flack for liking MMA but my position is that it's a sport like any other sport and get tired of friends trying to tell me how "brutal" it is. I look forward to posting here and getting to know you all.

Introducing my self N525655012_147664_1006

ReformedWretch

Back to top Go down

Introducing my self Empty Re: Introducing my self

Post  sho89mtx Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:03 pm

ReformedWretch wrote:Hello all

I've been an MMA fan for about ten years now and a Light Out Show listener for almost a year. I'm a C.N.C. machinist (third shifter) and I listen to the show on my ipod every night at work to help pass the time. I'm 39, married with an adopted daughter who's all grown up and living on her own working as a TV news reporter in Connecticut. My favorite fighter has always been Matt Hughes but I realize he's starting to fade away (sadly). I do hope he destroys Matt Sera though! I like Randy Couture as well (yes, I know I've gotta get some new favorites lol), I cannot stand BJ Penn, and feel the top fighters in the world right now are Fedor, Anderson Silva, and GSP.

My name here reflects that I'm a born again Christian. I do get some flack for liking MMA but my position is that it's a sport like any other sport and get tired of friends trying to tell me how "brutal" it is. I look forward to posting here and getting to know you all.

Introducing my self N525655012_147664_1006
Well although you do hate one of my favorite fighters(BJ Penn), i'm a fellow Christian(there aren't very many of us in MMA forums)and your crossfire is awesome, so i'll let it slide. Welcome to the board. I'm pretty new here too. Hope to see some good posts on here from ya.
sho89mtx
sho89mtx

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:32 pm

Welcome to the forum! I am with you on the BJ Penn thing. Rich Franklin, GSP and Urijah Faber are my top 3 but Fedor is definitely in the top 10. That man is a beast.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:22 pm

Welcome to the forums!

Sadly you are not fans of my two fav's in B.J and Serra Sad

lol well other than that you seem pretty cool welcome to the forums.

I like Hughes as well... but I'll be rooting for my boy the "Terra".

Should be a really good fight though.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  sho89mtx Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:57 pm

Mitch Ciccarelli wrote:Welcome to the forums!

Sadly you are not fans of my two fav's in B.J and Serra Sad

lol well other than that you seem pretty cool welcome to the forums.

I like Hughes as well... but I'll be rooting for my boy the "Terra".

Should be a really good fight though.
Same here. I love matt serra, he's hilarious and seems really cool. Matt Hughes to me is just a huge hypocrite IMO, he always acts like he's this big time Christian on one hand and on the other hand he's being the biggest cockiest jerk in the world to almost everyone that comes in contact with him. Most MMA journalists and people that actually know him, says he's one of the biggest jerks and hypocrites in the world. You could kinda see some of that stuff come true when he was the TUF coach too against Serra.
sho89mtx
sho89mtx

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:15 pm

I 100% agree with you on that.

I used to really hate Hughes, especially when I saw him on TUF 2 and TUF 6 as a coach, he just seemed to put a lot of pressure on his guys. I mean who was it Paul Georgioff, the guy who's cousin passed away during the show right? Paul had to fight before he was allowed to go home and go to the funeral. He fights Troy Mandoloniz, put up a decent fight but got knocked out in the end. After the fight Hughes gave him a bunch of shit about how "that wasn't the fricken gameplan to go in there and stand up with him, damnit!".

Same thing with Dan Barerra, an inexperienced fighter that fought his ass off against Ben Saunders. After the fight get's belittled by Hughes about how "he was scared! Dan was scared!".

Granted it's an edited TV show and I can't really judge him based off of that but I do agree the guy can be a prick at times.

Maybe it's a dry sense of humor, but some people just don't like it lol.

Don't get me wrong though I like Hughes and I do respect him. He's a soon to be hall of famer I believe.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  sho89mtx Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:14 pm

Mitch Ciccarelli wrote:I 100% agree with you on that.

I used to really hate Hughes, especially when I saw him on TUF 2 and TUF 6 as a coach, he just seemed to put a lot of pressure on his guys. I mean who was it Paul Georgioff, the guy who's cousin passed away during the show right? Paul had to fight before he was allowed to go home and go to the funeral. He fights Troy Mandoloniz, put up a decent fight but got knocked out in the end. After the fight Hughes gave him a bunch of shit about how "that wasn't the fricken gameplan to go in there and stand up with him, damnit!".

Same thing with Dan Barerra, an inexperienced fighter that fought his ass off against Ben Saunders. After the fight get's belittled by Hughes about how "he was scared! Dan was scared!".

Granted it's an edited TV show and I can't really judge him based off of that but I do agree the guy can be a prick at times.

Maybe it's a dry sense of humor, but some people just don't like it lol.

Don't get me wrong though I like Hughes and I do respect him. He's a soon to be hall of famer I believe.
exactly! The boy had skills and will be in history as the most dominate welterweight of all time for a while, but as a person, I don't care for him =)
sho89mtx
sho89mtx

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:53 pm

Welcome to the forum, RW!
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:45 am

welcome. congrats on the BJ hate! it is great to hear! your top 3 fighters is fact, not opinion Smile

Jennifer wrote:Welcome to the forum! I am with you on the BJ Penn thing. Rich Franklin, GSP and Urijah Faber are my top 3 but Fedor is definitely in the top 10. That man is a beast.

he meant best fighters, not favorite, heh. unless... you think rich and urijah are top P4P fighters-- then i am just assuming incorrectly. heh.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:46 pm

DFDmike wrote:welcome. congrats on the BJ hate! it is great to hear! your top 3 fighters is fact, not opinion Smile

Jennifer wrote:Welcome to the forum! I am with you on the BJ Penn thing. Rich Franklin, GSP and Urijah Faber are my top 3 but Fedor is definitely in the top 10. That man is a beast.

he meant best fighters, not favorite, heh. unless... you think rich and urijah are top P4P fighters-- then i am just assuming incorrectly. heh.

I stated who my top 3 are. I didn't specify my top 3 favorites or top 3 P4P in my opinion but I can see where you might assume that so just to be clear those are my top 3 favorite fighters. Very Happy
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down