The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Anyone Know The General Amount It Costs To Pay For MMA Training?

4 posters

Go down

Does Anyone Know The General Amount It Costs To Pay For MMA Training? Empty Does Anyone Know The General Amount It Costs To Pay For MMA Training?

Post  The Cody Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:41 am

The Cody has saved up some money and is ready to be whipped into shape and start training to achieve his 7 year goal to become a Mixed Martial Artist. Ive looked up many MMA training camps or schools near my area (Including American Top Team in Orlando) I got phone numbers and adresses but I do not have an amount and Im trying to find out how much but can't get a straight answer so I am hoping one of you can help out The Cody.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Know The General Amount It Costs To Pay For MMA Training? Empty Re: Does Anyone Know The General Amount It Costs To Pay For MMA Training?

Post  DFDmike Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:49 am

as a beginner your best bet is not a camp like that... you should just find the local BJJ or kickboxing school and find out rates. MMA schools don't usually let people without a martial arts background train MMA. near me is ground control, which is a gracie JJ school and you have to do JJ and muay thai for a while there before getting into their MMA school. the guy who runs in, john rallo, has a pro fight (1-0) and binky jones trains out of the camp. maryland really doesn't have much though.

really you should join a gym and get in shape first, in my opinion.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Know The General Amount It Costs To Pay For MMA Training? Empty Re: Does Anyone Know The General Amount It Costs To Pay For MMA Training?

Post  Mortis Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:12 pm

It really depends. My camp normally charges $30 a month, but I train with them for free. Xtreme Couture here in the Kansas City area charges $125 a month.

Mike is correct.. to a point. MMA schools will probably take anyone.. I mean, your money is as good as everyone else's... now an MMA camp on the other hand, someone who they actually want to represent in the cage, they won't take everyone. And some schools are camps as well.. like Xtreme Couture here in Kansas City (not sure about the main one in Las Vegas). I know they will teach anyone, but don't expect to get put into the cage by them, unless you have martial arts experience, like Mike said.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  The Cody Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:45 pm

See I posted this because I have a buddy who trains MMA (but only for getting in shape purposes) and he told me that if you train at a camp for a year and you show promise then they will represent you in an actual fight, so that is why I was wondering because my buddy has been training for quite some time now i believe 4 years or almost 4 years and he told me himself that he thinks with the right training that I can do something with professional fighting he said it might take me a few years but he thinks I can do it, so that is why I am wondering. But (oddly enough) I agree with Mike that I don't think a well known camp such as American Top Team would except me without any experience but hey that big head you guys see is filled with alot of dreams man. That's all I can say about that.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:54 pm

Nothing wrong with dreaming, and with the right training.. you never know. But, again back to your question, it depends on your camp. Also, look for a camp that you think you can connect with. If you buddy is training at that camp, you may want to check them out. Ask the people who run it your questions.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  The Cody Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:08 am

Na I wouldn't train as his gym because it really is a submission wrestling or ju-jitsu based gym. They very rarely train striking, they have a muay thai or kickboxing coach come in only to help train someone who is getting ready for a fight and the coach only trains that one particular person (which if you ask me is not a good idea) I want to learn everything there is to learn, there is a gym in Tampa that offers kickboxing & ju-jitsu training for $45 dollars a month, which isn't bad. I am going to check it out see what I want to do and then maybe I will get good enough to not only become a fighter but get into a better training camp. So everybody wish The Cody luck because I got an appointment this Friday. You never know you might be talking to the next big thing hahaha, nah not really but a guy can dream can't he.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:55 am

You've got a big heart man, that's going to come in handy.

But T-Rust me... it ain't as easy as it looks. Training is very very very hard... and especially starting out it will be ten times harder because your body isn't use to it yet.

Just keep a positive attitude. I can guarantee you the first week and a half you are going to start questioning yourself, "do I really want to do this? Can I do this?". Just keep that positive attitude, keep showing up to the gym, keep learning and keep pushing yourself... you will get there someday if you do that.

I wish you good luck.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down