The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Can Dethrone The Last Emeperor?

3 posters

Go down

Who Can Dethrone The Last Emeperor? Empty Who Can Dethrone The Last Emeperor?

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:39 am

Five guys who I think have the best shot.

Tell me what you think.

http://www.thelightsoutshow.com/2009/02/who-can-dethrone-last-emperor-by-mitch.html
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Who Can Dethrone The Last Emeperor? Empty Re: Who Can Dethrone The Last Emeperor?

Post  DFDmike Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:14 pm

5 cain velasquez - wrestling, reach, maybe striking
4 machida - striking, sprawl, maybe speed
3 junior dos santos - striking, one hit ko power
2 anderson silva - striking, speed
1 brock - size, strength, wrestling

styles make fights. 3 of my guys are very green to MMA and the other two are light. i picked guys that all had something on fedor so they could use their advantage and get the W. anderson's sprawl would probably not be enough for fedor though. and i know everyone says barnett, but i just don't see how. i think he is over hyped.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Who Can Dethrone The Last Emeperor? Empty Re: Who Can Dethrone The Last Emeperor?

Post  The Cody Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:29 pm

Dude Mitch come on man Rashad Evans??? Are you serious? Dude Rashad Evans in my opinion can't even beat Rampage Jackson let alone Fedor Emelianenko. Andrei Arlovski is a bad pick as well because I understand that was winning the fight up until his "Shaq O'Neal" impression but I think if Andrei and Fedor fought 10 times Fedor would win 9 times. Now I think Josh Barnett is a good pick but I in my opinion I don't see him defeating Fedor either because Barnett couldn't even get passed Cro Cop so there is little chance he will get passed Fedor. These are my top 5 guys to dethrone Fedor Emelianenko

5. Cheick Kongo (Great Chin, Alot Of Power, Better Kickboxer)

4. Lyoto Machida (Great at avoiding Strikes, Alot Of Power, Hard to takedown)

3. Rampage Jackson (Great Striker, Alot Of Power, Great Chin, Great Striking Defense)

2. Anderson Silva (Great At Avoiding Strikes, Very Pin Point Accurate Striker, Dangerous In The Clinch)

1. Brock Lesnar (Alot Of Power, Great Wrestler, Great Chin, Vicious Ground n Pound)
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:37 pm

idk Cody, Rampage is a stud don't get me wrong but I honestly think Rashad will win that fight. He's just as good standing as Rampage is and he's a lot more elusive. I have Rashad winning that fight by unanimous decision.

Maybe I'm crazy but I honestly do think Rashad would have a decent chance of defeating Fedor.

Plus I wanted to be unique and shock a few people by putting him up there Razz

I was going to mention Gonzaga though, I can't believe I forgot to mention him.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  The Cody Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:16 pm

My goodness the guy gets a lucky shot on Chuck Liddell and wins a fight he was losing against Forrest Griffin and all of sudden everyone thinks he can defeat Rampage. Ok you guys are entitled to your opinion, I think we can all agree that Rampage is going to defeat Keith Jardine so it is only a matter of time so we will see what happens but i'd be willing to bet ALOT that Rampage will win. There is one and only person who I think can defeat Rampage in the UFC at Light-Heavyweight and that is Lyoto Machida (even though Forrest beat him I don't see that happening twice). Rashad is going down.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:14 pm

The Cody wrote:My goodness the guy gets a lucky shot on Chuck Liddell and wins a fight he was losing against Forrest Griffin and all of sudden everyone thinks he can defeat Rampage. Ok you guys are entitled to your opinion, I think we can all agree that Rampage is going to defeat Keith Jardine so it is only a matter of time so we will see what happens but i'd be willing to bet ALOT that Rampage will win. There is one and only person who I think can defeat Rampage in the UFC at Light-Heavyweight and that is Lyoto Machida (even though Forrest beat him I don't see that happening twice). Rashad is going down.

There is no such thing as a lucky shot in MMA Razz

I'm not saying Rashad would dominate Rampage, I'm just saying he would most likely win a decision via outpointing him on the feet and out wrestling him as well. Rashad and Rampage are similar style fighters, both strong wrestlers who prefer to strike and both are very good strikers with a ton of KO power, I just think Rashad's elusiveness sets him apart from Quinton... but I have been wrong before *cough* B.J Penn has the cardio to go five rounds with GSP *cough* lol!

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens when they fight Cody.

I do agree with you that Quinton will defeat Jardine, most likely by knock out.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  The Cody Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:17 am

Take it easy there Italian Tiger, Rampage has been my guy for like 5 years now. Can you tell me that if someone said Matt Serra would lose you wouldn't defend him?? C'mon The Cody has to protect his dude, hey I was man enough to admit that I don't think he could beat Machida. But Rashad I mean come on dude the one and only way he would defeat him is if he took him to the ground over n over (which he won't do). And tell that lucky punch to The JDH, he as well as everyone else believes that Matt Serra caught GSP with a lucky punch, Chuck Liddell was winning the fight up until that (i admit explosive) over hand right. Also Forrest was whoopin his ass up until he went to the ground, and this a dude who in my opinion shouldn't even be undefeated because if it wasn't for Tito Ortiz grabbing the fence he would have one loss on his record. Now reading that history do you still believe Rashad will defeat Rampage??
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:54 am

The Cody wrote:Take it easy there Italian Tiger, Rampage has been my guy for like 5 years now. Can you tell me that if someone said Matt Serra would lose you wouldn't defend him?? C'mon The Cody has to protect his dude, hey I was man enough to admit that I don't think he could beat Machida. But Rashad I mean come on dude the one and only way he would defeat him is if he took him to the ground over n over (which he won't do). And tell that lucky punch to The JDH, he as well as everyone else believes that Matt Serra caught GSP with a lucky punch, Chuck Liddell was winning the fight up until that (i admit explosive) over hand right. Also Forrest was whoopin his ass up until he went to the ground, and this a dude who in my opinion shouldn't even be undefeated because if it wasn't for Tito Ortiz grabbing the fence he would have one loss on his record. Now reading that history do you still believe Rashad will defeat Rampage??

There is no luck involved in knocking someone out dude. Serra knocking GSP out has nothing to do with luck, it was just on THAT night he was the better fighter. Now obviously nine times out of ten, GSP would dominate Serra as proven in their rematch at UFC 83 but still.

Same thing for Rashad. Yes he was losing to Forrest, but it wasn't like he was getting dominated. Rashad knocking Chuck and Forrest out has nothing to do with luck.

Fighters work very hard to get that knock out and for people to turn around and say "oh he got lucky", it just kind of discredits their hard work. You know what I'm saying?

And yeah I know Rampage is your guy, I like Rampage too, he's one of my favorite fighters as well but Rashad Evans is the top guy at LHW right now (well Machida is better in my opinion). I don't think Rashad is overrated at all, I think if anything he is very underrated.

All I can really say if we are just going to have to wait and see what happens. I'm not 100% saying Rashad will win, I'm just saying I have a feeling he will. Rampage is a stud and can very well knock Rashad the hell out, but I don't think that will happen.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:10 am

rashad > rampage
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  The Cody Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:59 am

Hey your entitled to your opinion but I truly believe that Rashad was born under the good moon and gets situations put in his favor, I just watched his fight with Sam Hoger back at a previous Ultimate Fight Night.....Dude he lost that fight, granted that was an old Rashad but he shouldn't be undefeated. Stephan Bonnar was just laid on and Rashad knew enough to stay out of submissions without really doing anything. Jason Lambert & Sean Salmon both are supposed to be 185 lbs fighters and who is Sean Salmon really? Tito Ortiz as I said was winning until the grab of the fence, Micheal Bisping Rashad gassed and didnt do alot of nothing. I don't have to sit here and go through it with you, I believe without a shadow of a doubt in my mind that Rashad Evans is overrated. Just like I think Chuck Liddell is overrated, when he stepped in there with better strikers that is when he started to lose. The same thing will happen to Rashad, whether it is Rampage or Machida Rashad will be exposed. But I agree we will just have to wait and see.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:04 am

The Cody wrote:Hey your entitled to your opinion but I truly believe that Rashad was born under the good moon and gets situations put in his favor, I just watched his fight with Sam Hoger back at a previous Ultimate Fight Night.....Dude he lost that fight, granted that was an old Rashad but he shouldn't be undefeated. Stephan Bonnar was just laid on and Rashad knew enough to stay out of submissions without really doing anything. Jason Lambert & Sean Salmon both are supposed to be 185 lbs fighters and who is Sean Salmon really? Tito Ortiz as I said was winning until the grab of the fence, Micheal Bisping Rashad gassed and didnt do alot of nothing. I don't have to sit here and go through it with you, I believe without a shadow of a doubt in my mind that Rashad Evans is overrated. Just like I think Chuck Liddell is overrated, when he stepped in there with better strikers that is when he started to lose. The same thing will happen to Rashad, whether it is Rampage or Machida Rashad will be exposed. But I agree we will just have to wait and see.

Well maybe we can both agree that whoever wins between Rashad and Rampage would be an awesome fight against Machida!

WAR MACHIDA!
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum