The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revisiting old UFC's today

4 posters

Go down

Revisiting old UFC's today Empty Revisiting old UFC's today

Post  Blue Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:42 am

I have been watching UFC 3, 4 and 5 today...got em on my netflix acct. MAN! UFC 4, Gracie and Severn on the ground for 15 minutes! Awesome! I loved it!

That's what I love about the old stuff as opposed to the new stuff. I could just imagine after 30 seconds all the new "fans" booing and whining and crying.

Man gimme a 15 minute BJJ match anytime! Brings back memories back when I was in high school and college when I used to order all these fights live in PPV.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Revisiting old UFC's today Empty Re: Revisiting old UFC's today

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:49 am

I love seeing a good chess match on the ground myself, and I hate when fans boo whenever it hits the ground as well.

However I do love to see some good stand up wars too Razz
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:07 am

Fo sho. I appreciate both......equally. I don't like it when fans boo one over the other.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:46 pm

I'd like to see any one of the dickheads booing get in there and do what these fighters do. It takes a lot of courage to enter the octagon doors in the first place and booing is just plain disrespectful, unless it's Kalib Starnes in there, then it's ok. LOL
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:43 pm

Jennifer wrote:I'd like to see any one of the dickheads booing get in there and do what these fighters do. It takes a lot of courage to enter the octagon doors in the first place and booing is just plain disrespectful, unless it's Kalib Starnes in there, then it's ok. LOL

lol 100% agree.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:54 pm

ken vs. dan was boring to me. at the time, i loved it! well- not literally at the time, i guess it was late 90s when i started renting all of the UFCs and obsessing over them. But, looking back, the sport has grown. The first UFCs were actually a bit corrupt catering to Gracie. they pretty much hand picked fighters for him until they made names of other fighters like severn and shamrock. I'd rather watch a Muay Thai tournament or a grappling match then some of the amateur abilities of most of those guys. Entertaining?? Yes. But so is American Gladiators.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:57 pm

I mean Royce vs Dan. But the Ken matches bore me too, with both Royce and Dan. The only reason they're entertaining is because they are stars. It's just like, say, when Randy beat Tim Sylia. It was great because it was a legend against all odds, a Rocky like story. If it was just two nobodies you would be begging for it to end. Kind of biased, ya think? Smile
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:29 pm

naw not for me. I ordered those fights back in the day when they were nothing. No one had ever heard of them. I still loved watching what they could do. I still love the "chess match" of watching them roll around waiting to see what happens. It's amazing to me. Waiting for a submission while they are wrestling around on the ground, to me, is like reading a really good mystery novel or watching a horribly suspenseful movie.

It gets me on the edge of my seat every time. Love it.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down