The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spencer Fisher's Spot light

3 posters

Go down

Spencer Fisher's Spot light Empty Spencer Fisher's Spot light

Post  Jake Amdahl Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:39 pm

I'm pretty sure Spencer has been fighting at lightweight since they brought the division back but you guys were speaking in terms of fighting welterweight and taking on GSP...I think he is ready to be thrown into contention with some top lightweight such as a Tyson Griffin or Sherk...
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Spencer Fisher's Spot light Empty Re: Spencer Fisher's Spot light

Post  DFDmike Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:14 am

both edgar and franca losses were in his last five fights... he just beat two B-level guys. let him fight someone in the top 10 before we jump to any conclusions. personally, i think hes a gatekeeper at best. its kind of like... if you cant beat spencer fisher... you dont belong in the ufc. hes like jorge gurgel in that aspect. as fighters, i dont really give a shit about either one.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:25 am

Yes and know. I would say Spencer is extremely gifted, he just is inconsistent. Frankie and Hermes are, I think, really good at times. Frankie more so than Hermes...But Fisher has some good wins. Granted, he hasn't beat the tops yet...But he's rarely given the chance to. I would definitely like to see him fight Gurgel, now that you bring him up though. Gurgel could be good if he would use his head and fight his fight. But, you're right, Fisher is no where near worthy to be a title holder...but he should be allowed to step into contention.
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:34 am

eh, maybe. but he will lose. spencer would lose to ANY top 10 LW.
(in no order)
penn, guida, diaz, heurta, florian, stevenson, sherk, griffin, tavares, edgar, pellegrino, tibau, danzig, lauzon, neer.

these 15 guys are all better

im sure there are more too.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:59 am

Can't say I agree with you there. I think on any given night he could give hell to any of those guys. I'm not saying he'd win against all of them, but he could on a few. He could take out pelligrino or diaz, I think. And, probably, Guida.
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:07 pm

Spencer needs to defeat someone like Clay Guida, Roger Huerta, Tyson Griffin, Sean Sherk, or even Kenny Florian or Joe Stevenson before he gets considered for a title shot.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down