The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TLOS Volume 164 discussion

2 posters

Go down

TLOS Volume 164 discussion Empty TLOS Volume 164 discussion

Post  kamander Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:10 pm

You said it again, so I will to: Kimbo was definitely out and I think it was a good stoppage. However, you can see in the replay that Kimbo did not get knocked out by Seth's first short right. Kimbo, either trying to avoid the front kick, or getting pushed back by it, had his hips knocked out from under him. From there Kimbo really screwed up and stayed on all fours long enough for Seth to pound him senseless with one hammer fist directly to the back of the head and a few more to the face. When he first went down you can see that he is not out, but trying to get back up. It almost looked like he thought Seth would let him up.

Kimbo should not get grief for having a glass chin. He should get grief for his poor reflexes on the ground.

I'm sure there are other examples of successful implementations of Gong and Dash, but here's one: BJ Penn vs. Caol Uno.

You make it sound like a bad decision, but I think Affliction made a great decision co-promoting. They got a lot of exposure for their fights and their clothing.

Its straight obnoxious to say that KJ won a fluke victory over Diaz. I'm not defending KJ's decision not to fight, but he was kicking Nick's ass.

Also this is NOT the first time he mentioned money. He's been talking about this for months. His issue is that EliteXC reduced his pay after he lossed to Krazy Horse.

Your examples of Dana not complaining when their champ got beat are no good, because in all those examples their champ was beat by someone they were prepared to market.

There was a time when the UFC brass's displeasure was very evident. I remember there was a lot of talk about it, but I can't remember the fight.

Anyone know?

Last edited by Mortis on Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : 6 posts combined into one.)
kamander
kamander

http://www.mmaratings.net

Back to top Go down

TLOS Volume 164 discussion Empty Re: TLOS Volume 164 discussion

Post  Mortis Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:28 pm

You only needed to make one post for all this. I will combine them.

I also changed the title of the post, so that people know what the discussion is about. I haven't listened to the new podcast, yet.. I will tonight though.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down