The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Affliction

5 posters

Go down

Affliction Empty Affliction

Post  DFDmike Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:07 am

Anyone else watch it????

lindland and arlovski ko's were pretty insane!! overall amazing card!!!!
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Affliction Empty Re: Affliction

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:12 am

I tried streaming it but the quality wasn't very good so instead I just read the play by play on sherdog.

Seems like it was a great night of fights.

I went 5-1 with my predictions for the main card. I knew Danny Lauzon would come out and destroy this Bobby Green guy, I mean come on "fighting style: HOOD" what is that shit, man? lol. It's a shame Horodecki couldn't fight as I believe him and Lauzon would have had a war but I'm sure that fight will happen eventually.

I wasn't buying into the Kiril hype at all. Kiril seems like a tough guy but I knew the Head Hunter would finish him, but I think "Kid Fedor" has a lot of potential to be something big in the future.

From what I read it sounded like the Babalu/Soukodjou fight was really good. I called it perfectly with Babalu finishing with a second round sub.

I really hope Matt Lindland is ok. I picked him to win originally but Vitor Belfort just went out there and destroyed him! Back to the top 10 rankings for Vitor!

Barnett is the fucking man, that's all I'm gonna say. I thought he would finish this one quicker but credit to Yvel for hanging in there.

Wow! If there was any doubt that Fedor wasn't the best fighter in the world, he just shattered the doubt tonight! Yes, Arlovski's chin is weak I know but I figured he would manage to last to the third round. It seemed like Arlovski was frustrating him for awhile until he got caught though.

So we are finally going to see Fedor/Barnett? I'm stoked!!

Also I think Arlovski/Yvel would be a pretty good match up too.

I think Babalu should fight Lil Nog too.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:55 pm

Not a bad PPV overall.... great fight between Andrei and Fedor.. and awesome KO! I was actually pulling for Andrei to be the guy to hand Fedor his first real loss. Andrei was looking good in the fight.. but Fedor is probably the toughest SOB in MMA, has a great chin, and always knows what he's doing in the ring, and will capitalize on any opening he sees, which he did against Andrei. I don't think I've seen anyone get KO'ed in mid-air before.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  paradise stolen Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:57 pm

I guesse we are finally going to see Fedor vs Barnett. If Fedor disposes Barnett the way he has everyone else what do you guys think of Fedor moving down to light heavy weight? I think this would be a good move since I don't see anyone else at HW to really challange him out side of Overeem. Fedor fights at 230lb and I think he could make the cut pretty easy if he wanted to. Also If he cut down to LHW what do you see as some interesting match ups at that weight class?
paradise stolen
paradise stolen

http://www.myspace.com/mmadisciple

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:48 pm

paradise stolen wrote:I guesse we are finally going to see Fedor vs Barnett. If Fedor disposes Barnett the way he has everyone else what do you guys think of Fedor moving down to light heavy weight? I think this would be a good move since I don't see anyone else at HW to really challange him out side of Overeem. Fedor fights at 230lb and I think he could make the cut pretty easy if he wanted to. Also If he cut down to LHW what do you see as some interesting match ups at that weight class?

overeem?? shogun beat overeem, and his sprawl+ground game+weak chin doesn't really make him any more challenging than andrei... now arloski vs overeem, THERE'S a fight i want to see! i think lesnar is the biggest threat to fedor.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:20 am

Lesnar? Nah, maybe in a few years but in my opinion Fedor would smash him pretty quickly right now. I like Brock, but not right now (for him to fight Fedor).

Josh Barnett honestly MIGHT be able to pull it off. I'll be rooting for Barnett in that fight, I like Fedor a lot but for some reason I really want to see him lose Very Happy.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:52 am

Mitch Ciccarelli wrote:Lesnar? Nah, maybe in a few years but in my opinion Fedor would smash him pretty quickly right now. I like Brock, but not right now (for him to fight Fedor).

Josh Barnett honestly MIGHT be able to pull it off. I'll be rooting for Barnett in that fight, I like Fedor a lot but for some reason I really want to see him lose Very Happy.

Lesnar has come a long way but I don't think he is anywhere near ready for Fedor. Not sure who is to be honest.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:54 am

Honestly I think Gabriel Gonzaga would be a good fight against Fedor. Gonzaga stylistically could pose some interesting problems for Fedor. He's a big powerful striker with very good jits, that would be a good fight.

Though I'd love to see Fedor fight at LHW.

Fedor vs. Rashad Evans would be interesting.

I personally really REALLY want to see Fedor vs. Anderson Silva.

Though none of the above mentioned fights will happen anytime soon unless Fedor eventually comes to the UFC.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Mitch Ciccarelli wrote:Honestly I think Gabriel Gonzaga would be a good fight against Fedor. Gonzaga stylistically could pose some interesting problems for Fedor. He's a big powerful striker with very good jits, that would be a good fight.

Though I'd love to see Fedor fight at LHW.

Fedor vs. Rashad Evans would be interesting.

I personally really REALLY want to see Fedor vs. Anderson Silva.

Though none of the above mentioned fights will happen anytime soon unless Fedor eventually comes to the UFC.

I actually hadn't thought of Gonzaga vs. Fedor. That would be as fair a match up as any. Gonzaga isn't given the credit he deserves in my opinion.
Fedor vs. Rashad would be cool but only because I would like to see Rashad lose miserably and Fedor could certainly make that happen.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:04 pm

I agree Fedor would beat Rashad, though Rashad could give him some problems.

I 100% agree with you about Gonzaga not getting enough credit.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:33 pm

gonzaga would be interesting but his conditioning and weak heart would cost him the fight. still interesting for sure.

and barnett? idk... i just don't see where his advantage is. he is really good at everything fedor is really great at. i bet it'd go the decision but barnett would get outworked everywhere i bet.

and styles make fights. fedor is by far better than brock, but brocks size, wrestling, and strength advantages would make for an interesting fight. i just think its his toughest challenge at HW.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:46 am

Well that is a good point.

Though I think the later that fight takes place, the more advantage Brock has as he will continue to get better. If that fight happens in two years, maybe Brock will be the favorite.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down