The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TUF Season 9

5 posters

Go down

TUF Season 9 Empty TUF Season 9

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:34 pm

I'm personally very excited for this season. On paper people might think "ah it's not gonna be that great", but trust me man it will be a very good season and here is why.

The Coaches:

TUF Season 3 Winner Michael Bisping- Many people think this guy is a future champ, I think at times he can be a bit overrated but none the less I do agree that someday this guy will be UFC champ. I like his personality, sometimes he's kinda cocky but in a good way not in a "punk" way. I'm very interested to see him as a coach and what he will bring to the table for these young guys coming up. He's a former TUF winner himself so he knows what it's like. We all saw how well Forrest Griffin coached on TUF 7, I think Bisping can do the same.

Former PRIDE champ Dan Henderson- I'm a HUGE fan of Dan Henderson and am very excited to see him coach on TUF 9. We know Dan is going to be a very good coach, he isn't new to coaching at all. I'm very glad he will be repping the USA team, if I could pick anyone to coach an all USA team on a TUF, I would pick Hendo (or Couture). I'm also very excited to see him fight Bisping after all of this, we are finally going to see Bisping against a top quality MW and it should be a great fight!

The Format:

Some people think it's lame, but I personally like this new "Team USA vs. Team UK" format. We have only seen a few quality fighters from the UK, now we are going to see a whole team of them on TUF and it should be interesting to see how they match up with the USA team. Me being a proud American will be rooting for Team USA!

The Fighters:

I really don't know any of them yet or who is rumored to be on the show but I'm sure we will see some talented fighters like usual. Last season had Bader, Vinny, K-Sos, Eliot, Lawlor, Nover, Efrain, Junie, and others who I personally think have bright UFC futures ahead of them. Every TUF season always has a couple of good fighters with a lot of potential, it really is the breeding ground for the UFC.

Now I too am not a fan of the pranks and the other stuff that makes the sport look bad and I do hope we see more training and less drama... but the drama brings in ratings so expect to see some lol. So long as nobody pisses and jizzes in each others food I can't complain, usually these pranks are pretty funny though and to the casual fan it's a reason to tune in as they might not be interested in the show if it was just training and fighting.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

TUF Season 9 Empty Re: TUF Season 9

Post  DFDmike Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:29 pm

the fighters list has been leaked for a while. i'll look for it soon. i hope dan smashes bisping so much! i have a feeling they will be hardcore butting heads as cocky and pompous as they both can be, ha. i will miss nog, he was the funniest coach ever! "i like to hug too!"
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:39 pm

RED = CONFIRMED FINAL 32
BLUE = "RUMORED" FINAL 32
PLAIN = BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME

TEAM UK: Michael Bisping (Mario Sukata-BJJ/Wrestling // Dave Jackson-Thai Boxing)
“I think I’ll be a very good coach. I think I’m gonna be strict and very hard, I’ve got a lot of experience to offer in terms of training.. they should expect a hard training camp.. If anyone is coming on just to get on TV and stuff then they are coming to the wrong place.. they are better off not turning up.. there's going to be a lot of six o'clock in the morning runs, and just a lot of hard work. Blood, sweat and tears, definitely."
LIGHTWEIGHTS: (Ranked)
1. Andre Winner 9-2-1
2. Jeff Lawson 12-2
3. Ross Pearson 8-4
4. Martin Stapleton 5-1
5. Harvey Harra 5-3
6. James Bryant 1-0

7. Rob Sinclair
8. AJ Wenn

WELTERWEIGHTS: (Ranked)
1. Dean Amasinger 4-1
2. James Wilks 5-2
3. Che Mills 6-1
4. Dave Falkner 2-1
5. Nick Osipczak 3-0
6. Alex Reid 8-8-1
7. Tommy McGuire 5-3
8. James Bateman 0-0

Names in RED have been confirmed through multiple sources. only missing 2 lightweights. rumors suggest missing names could be: Paul Sass, AJ Wenn, Rob Sinclair.

TEAM USA: Dan Henderson (Vinicius Magalhaes-BJJ // Krzysztof Soszynski-Stand Up)
"I really like the format. Being on the Olympic team a couple of times, being able to coach country vs. country is a little bit different. I'm excited.. I know we're probably going to beat up the U.K. guys.. they're slowly getting better as a country.. they're behind us a little bit."
LIGHTWEIGHTS:
Josh Souder 7-2
Daniel Pineda 7-1
James Birdsley 33-6
Muhsin Corbbrey 7-3
Conor Heun 8-2
Richie Whitson 4-0
Ryan Bigler 2-1
Luke Riddering 2-0

WELTERWEIGHTS:
Charles Blanchard 6-2
Damarques Johnson 10-6
Cleyburn Walker 5-1
Matt Veach 10-0
Nathan Gerrard 10-0
Anthony Lapsley 14-4
Jacob Volkmann 8-0
Eric Bradley 2-1

Intel on the American team has been weak. More knowledge would be nice. Please hit this thread up with some substance if you got it.
Donnie Liles 12-5
Jose Santibanez 7-2
Jack Montgomery 5-4
Mike Aina 11-6-1
Jay Buck 11-8
Ray Elbe 20-11
Eric Marriot 6-0
James Krause 8-0
Chris Barrera 8-3-1
Anthony Pettis 5-0
Mikey Gomez 9-4
Steve Berger 19-19-2
Corey Mahon 8-1
Gregg Dalton 7-2
James Head 4-0
John Franchi 4-0
Paul Bird 4-1
Ed Blake 2-0
Rich Taylor 5-1
Toby Grear 6-5
Mike Medrano 4-2

and, no, i didn't type this, it's a copy/paste from a source i will not name due to fairness for TLOS.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:45 pm

I wonder if Dan will teach his guys how to lay on his opponents effectively for 15 minutes and poke them in the eye.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:37 am

Mortis wrote:I wonder if Dan will teach his guys how to lay on his opponents effectively for 15 minutes and poke them in the eye.

You better believe it!
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:47 am

BTW Mitch, I don't like all the BS that went along with the last few seasons. Especially the 8th season. That one belonged on MTV with all the other reality shit. Let's hope we can stay away from that this time but I'm not really hopeful because drama sells and I am sure it is encouraged. I really not very excited about the coaches either. I can't understand a word Bisping says and Hendo seems like such a jerk.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:59 am

Hendo a jerk? I disagree with that, I think he's a good guy and a very good ambassador of this sport but again that's just me.

I'll agree, the pranks and the college drama do sometimes cross the line (especially with last season)... but I can't really complain too much because without this show... MMA would NOT be as mainstream as it is today. In fact, imagine if Bonnar and Griffin never had that memorable fight at the first TUF finale... would the UFC even still be here today?

I think they should remove alcohol from the house. The pranks I don't mind, it's the drunk drama that shouldn't be there.

And with the shit that Junie Browning did... he SHOULD have been eliminated. They CANNOT allow more people to act like this because now anyone who tries out is going to think "alright I'll just be an asshole. I'm not that good of a fighter, I'm decent enough but if I act like an asshole then I am in".

But I do like the concept of TUF... always have and I hope it continues to pump out future UFC stars. Who knows maybe someday I'll be on that show Laughing
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:54 pm

Mitch Ciccarelli wrote:Hendo a jerk? I disagree with that, I think he's a good guy and a very good ambassador of this sport but again that's just me.

have you seen her sig....?

jk jk Smile

i understand, hendo can be cocky, mainly before rampage and especially silva. but, i like him a lot.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:10 pm

DFDmike wrote:
Mitch Ciccarelli wrote:Hendo a jerk? I disagree with that, I think he's a good guy and a very good ambassador of this sport but again that's just me.

have you seen her sig....?

jk jk Smile

i understand, hendo can be cocky, mainly before rampage and especially silva. but, i like him a lot.

Haha, I thought he was a jerk before January 17, 2009. Just for the record of course! LMAO
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:26 pm

He can be cocky at times, but he's just a competitive guy IMO.

We will just have to see how he acts... or shall I say how he is EDITED to act as a coach on TUF lol.

Will he be a good coach? I think so.

Will he be a dick? I don't think so, but anything is possible. Mir looked like a dick last season and he's a really nice guy imo too lol.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:34 am

I thought the biggest dick coaches were Matt Hughes and Tito Ortiz. Matt Hughes just laid around with one foot up all the time talking shit and Tito.......well he's Tito.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:34 am

I agree with you about Hughes and Tito lol.

I think my fav coaches so far have been Nog, Serra and Forrest.

Couture was good too, as was Pulver and Liddell.

Shamrock was the worst lol! EAT STEAK!!!
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Mortis wrote:I wonder if Dan will teach his guys how to lay on his opponents effectively for 15 minutes and poke them in the eye.
I love you
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:15 am

Hey Jake, you're back. I haven't seen you here in awhile.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:15 am

yeah, I had forgotten my user name and password. It took me countless guesses to figure it out once and for all.
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down