The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what's up from Oklahoma?

+2
DFDmike
sho89mtx
6 posters

Go down

what's up from Oklahoma? Empty what's up from Oklahoma?

Post  sho89mtx Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:55 am

I'm a 31 year old MMA fan. I got into the sport about 2 years ago casually, but now I think I have every single MMA podcast that i-tunes offers and listen to all of them every day. TLOS though is by far my favorite though. The JDH and I have a bunch of common opinions and I find myself agreeing with him more than anyone else in MMA. I'm a huge Fedor, BJ Penn and Alistair Overeem fanboy. I live in Yukon, Oklahoma and probably one of the few Christian MMA fans you'll find and love the TLOS show for being the cleanest show on the podcast world too.
sho89mtx
sho89mtx

Back to top Go down

what's up from Oklahoma? Empty Re: what's up from Oklahoma?

Post  DFDmike Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:04 am

sho89mtx wrote: I'm a huge Fedor, BJ Penn and Alistair Overeem fanboy.

They're flocking in by the dozens!!! Retreat retreat while we still can, this PENNdemic is too strong for us mere mortals!!

oh, but for real, hey! i know someone is going to be happy a penn fan finally showed up to help him out!
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  sho89mtx Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:06 am

DFDmike wrote:

They're flocking in by the dozens!!! Retreat retreat while we still can, this PENNdemic is too strong for us mere mortals!!

oh, but for real, hey! i know someone is going to be happy a penn fan finally showed up to help him out!
I'm picking Penn to win this week too
sho89mtx
sho89mtx

Back to top Go down

what's up from Oklahoma? Empty Thanks!

Post  The JDH Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:26 am

sho89mtx wrote:I'm a 31 year old MMA fan. I got into the sport about 2 years ago casually, but now I think I have every single MMA podcast that i-tunes offers and listen to all of them every day. TLOS though is by far my favorite though. The JDH and I have a bunch of common opinions and I find myself agreeing with him more than anyone else in MMA. I'm a huge Fedor, BJ Penn and Alistair Overeem fanboy. I live in Yukon, Oklahoma and probably one of the few Christian MMA fans you'll find and love the TLOS show for being the cleanest show on the podcast world too.

Thank you for finding TLOS amid all those podasts!!! And an especially big thanks for the kind words regarding me, you are a very wise man!! A few people have been claiming I am "intolerant"... imagine that! lol

I hope you continue to check out and enjoy the show! Make sure you let us know your opinions (both positive and negative) we appreciate the input!

I have one quick question, have you been able to find our TLOS videos on itunes? When we upload the video it is supposed to go there automatically.. I was just wondering if it actually did.

JDH
The JDH
The JDH

http://www.thelightsoutshow.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:13 am

Yes! Finally another B.J fan! Welcome aboard brutha.

I was started to feel outnumbered lol.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  sho89mtx Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:32 am

The JDH wrote:
sho89mtx wrote:I'm a 31 year old MMA fan. I got into the sport about 2 years ago casually, but now I think I have every single MMA podcast that i-tunes offers and listen to all of them every day. TLOS though is by far my favorite though. The JDH and I have a bunch of common opinions and I find myself agreeing with him more than anyone else in MMA. I'm a huge Fedor, BJ Penn and Alistair Overeem fanboy. I live in Yukon, Oklahoma and probably one of the few Christian MMA fans you'll find and love the TLOS show for being the cleanest show on the podcast world too.

Thank you for finding TLOS amid all those podasts!!! And an especially big thanks for the kind words regarding me, you are a very wise man!! A few people have been claiming I am "intolerant"... imagine that! lol

I hope you continue to check out and enjoy the show! Make sure you let us know your opinions (both positive and negative) we appreciate the input!

I have one quick question, have you been able to find our TLOS videos on itunes? When we upload the video it is supposed to go there automatically.. I was just wondering if it actually did.

JDH
NP, I got grilled a lot on my calling out fighters for Roids on other message boards.Since I'm in the process of becoming certified as a Personal Trainer and had to go through several classes already on visual signs of steriod abuse, it's pretty easy to tell who's taking and who's not, but the funny thing is that you hit almost all of them dead on and even some I never even thought about.
I have i-tunes set up to d/l your audio podcast, but not getting and video podcast, I even rechecked for the video version and couldn't find it. Any suggestions? It would be nice to see the person who sounds exactly like David Spade to me(you)and the 7'11 giant you call Chris =)
sho89mtx
sho89mtx

Back to top Go down

Post  sho89mtx Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:35 am

Mitch Ciccarelli wrote:Yes! Finally another B.J fan! Welcome aboard brutha.

I was started to feel outnumbered lol.
I love BJ Penn and think he's gonna be the first ever multi-belt champion in the UFC and make history.

I see you live in Vegas, that's awesome! I'm completely jealous. You have the chance to go see tons of MMA shows from several different MMA orgs. In Oklahoma all we get are some local small MMA orgs with a couple of Superstars there to sign autographs. Going to one this weekend and hopefully gonna get my pics taken with Urijah Faber since he'll be there.
sho89mtx
sho89mtx

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:35 am

Yeah man, just recently moved here last week. I haven't gotten a chance to go to a MMA event yet, but I have been training with one of the top up and coming gyms in the area- Excel Defense Studios.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  sho89mtx Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Mitch Ciccarelli wrote:Yeah man, just recently moved here last week. I haven't gotten a chance to go to a MMA event yet, but I have been training with one of the top up and coming gyms in the area- Excel Defense Studios.
That's awesome,congrats man! Are you an amateur going pro, or just training for the heck of it? Also have u seen any MMA stars walking around in Vegas yet, since Extreme Couture is right there?
sho89mtx
sho89mtx

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:38 pm

I'm looking to start fighting amateur by the end of the year and then going pro, but right now I'm just training.

And I haven't seen any big name fighters yet, but then again only been here a month lol.

I train with a lot of good up and coming guys though. One guy in particular has a lot of potential, his name is Kyle Atkinson; look for that dude to be fighting in the bigger shows sooner or later. Another good up and comer is Alex Cetina, he's really good I think he just made his pro debut recently but I'm not too sure.

Lots of big name fighters have done seminars at the gym I train at though, like Bisping, Hughes, Robbie Lawler, etc. Though that was before I started training there lol.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  sho89mtx Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:52 pm

Mitch Ciccarelli wrote:I'm looking to start fighting amateur by the end of the year and then going pro, but right now I'm just training.

And I haven't seen any big name fighters yet, but then again only been here a month lol.

I train with a lot of good up and coming guys though. One guy in particular has a lot of potential, his name is Kyle Atkinson; look for that dude to be fighting in the bigger shows sooner or later. Another good up and comer is Alex Cetina, he's really good I think he just made his pro debut recently but I'm not too sure.

Lots of big name fighters have done seminars at the gym I train at though, like Bisping, Hughes, Robbie Lawler, etc. Though that was before I started training there lol.
that's awesome! I would go to any seminar with those guys talking about anything. Even if they were talking about accounting =)
sho89mtx
sho89mtx

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:36 pm

Great to have you here, Sho! As far as calling out fighters on using roids, voice your opinion! Could bring up some nice debates Very Happy... the only thing that I don't tolerate on the boards are calling out other forum members or calling someone else on the boards some names..... pro fighters are fair game, though Very Happy... hope you like it here!

The JDH wrote:

Hey.. who are you, and how did you get on this board? I think I may have to ban this one..... okay, maybe not, as long as "The JDH" doesn't cause any problems. Wink
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  sho89mtx Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:57 pm

Mortis wrote:Great to have you here, Sho! As far as calling out fighters on using roids, voice your opinion! Could bring up some nice debates Very Happy... the only thing that I don't tolerate on the boards are calling out other forum members or calling someone else on the boards some names..... pro fighters are fair game, though Very Happy... hope you like it here!

The JDH wrote:

Hey.. who are you, and how did you get on this board? I think I may have to ban this one..... okay, maybe not, as long as "The JDH" doesn't cause any problems. Wink
Wow, if you only knew how glad I am to hear that comment. That's the reason I came here. I used to post on the Tagg boards and people would call you names, cuss you out, and just "cyber-bullie" you all day long and I got sick and tired of it. That last straw was when they made fun of me for being a Christian and was saying anti-god remarks, so I left there and started over here. Hope to have some good converstations over here and not have to go through that crap again.
sho89mtx
sho89mtx

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:36 pm

DFDmike wrote:

Hey DFDmike I think we are finally outnumbered on the BJ Penn situation. Haha! Mitch is happy though. Seriously though it's good that we all don't have the same opinions. What the hell would be talk about if we did?
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:59 pm

sho89mtx wrote:
Wow, if you only knew how glad I am to hear that comment. That's the reason I came here. I used to post on the Tagg boards and people would call you names, cuss you out, and just "cyber-bullie" you all day long and I got sick and tired of it. That last straw was when they made fun of me for being a Christian and was saying anti-god remarks, so I left there and started over here. Hope to have some good converstations over here and not have to go through that crap again.

I don't think you will have that problem here. It's childish to call someone names and crap like that because of the person that they are, and because of the path they follow. Personally, I'm not a christian, but I will not tolerate religion bashing on this board, and will defend a person's right to follow whatever religion they choose to follow or not to follow.

With that being said, if someone does make it a problem, then I'll handle it accordingly Smile
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  sho89mtx Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:37 am

Mortis wrote:
sho89mtx wrote:

I don't think you will have that problem here. It's childish to call someone names and crap like that because of the person that they are, and because of the path they follow. Personally, I'm not a christian, but I will not tolerate religion bashing on this board, and will defend a person's right to follow whatever religion they choose to follow or not to follow.

With that being said, if someone does make it a problem, then I'll handle it accordingly Smile
your the man!
sho89mtx
sho89mtx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum