The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Thinks The Lights Out Show Should Be An MMA Show For ESPN?

+8
Jake Amdahl
Chris Fries
paradise stolen
DFDmike
Jennifer
Mortis
Mitch Ciccarelli
The Cody
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should The Lights Out Show Be A Featured MMA Show On ESPN?

Who Thinks The Lights Out Show Should Be An MMA Show For ESPN? I_vote_lcap83%Who Thinks The Lights Out Show Should Be An MMA Show For ESPN? I_vote_rcap 83% 
[ 10 ]
Who Thinks The Lights Out Show Should Be An MMA Show For ESPN? I_vote_lcap17%Who Thinks The Lights Out Show Should Be An MMA Show For ESPN? I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 12

Who Thinks The Lights Out Show Should Be An MMA Show For ESPN? Empty Who Thinks The Lights Out Show Should Be An MMA Show For ESPN?

Post  The Cody Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:45 am

My fellow MMA and Lights Out Show fans, almost everyday we see the stuff like Sportscenter, Sunday NFL Countdown, College Gameday, NBA countdown shows, and all kinds of other sports that are not as exciting as MMA. Don't you think we need an all MMA show on the number one sports network in the world ESPN? Check this out i have scrolled through the internet and watched and/or listened to all the other MMA shows such as Inside MMA and other webcasts, and im not just saying this because Chris Fries and The JDH are my boyz! But The Lights Out Show is 10 times better than any of those shows, and im sure all of you can agree or else you wouldnt be here in The Lights Out Show forum. I think that Chris Fries and The JDH should host The Lights Out show on ESPN because we need a great MMA show on Televison and i think The Lights Out Show is the perfect show. What do you guys think let your voices be heard and maybe it will happen, they believe, I believe do you???
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Who Thinks The Lights Out Show Should Be An MMA Show For ESPN? Empty Re: Who Thinks The Lights Out Show Should Be An MMA Show For ESPN?

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:31 am

TLOS is very entertaining, I'm new to the show and so far I really like it.

I vote yes, I'd love to see this on ESPN or something like that.

Though the guys at MMA Live are pretty good too, and they are already covering MMA on espn.com so it would only be a matter of time before they get on the actual TV channel.

But yeah man, for sure I think Chris and the JDH would do an awesome job on ESPN if giving the opportunity.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Who Thinks The Lights Out Show Should Be An MMA Show For ESPN? Empty Re: Who Thinks The Lights Out Show Should Be An MMA Show For ESPN?

Post  The Cody Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:19 pm

Cool let the voices be heard, but dude I think MMA live sucks those guys sometimes act like they dont know what they are talking about. And they dont have a JDH who voices his opinion no matter what and makes it entertaining, personally I think The Lights Out Show would get 10 times the ratings MMA Live does.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:03 pm

I agree with you to an extent

MMA live WOULD suck without Kenny Florian :p

KenFlo makes that show watchable IMO.

But I agree, TLOS is more entertaining.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:07 pm

I think we should make this a TLOS forum project.... get TLOS on ESPN! It's about time they stick someone (Chris and The JDH Smile )on ESPN who actually knows something about MMA!!
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:36 pm

Here, here!
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:36 am

well yeah, one thing they got working for them is that they are radio friendly. but i mean, totally neutral and not using my bias, getting guys who are ex or even current fighters would be a much bigger draw. you know? like golic and greenie on mike and mike. greenie is the brains and golic is the ex football player. TLOS is one side of the spectrum. PERSONALLY, a nice duo would be rogan and bas, but since rogan wouldn't be allowed, the good ol' quadros and bas would be great to see! that might just be my pride nostalgia... randy maybe once he's done fighting.

don't take that as me saying no... i'm just playing devil's advocate. yeah, it'd be cool, great for the guys, and it's a good topic in a brown nosing kind of way (JK JK)
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  The Cody Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:47 am

you make valid points mike, BUT Rogan and Bas as hosts??? Sorry dude that's where i have to disagree, have you ever watched Inside MMA on Hd.net trust me on this one, Chris Fries and The JDH make that show looked like it was put together but kindergartners. Dude i respect your opinion and your entitled to it, but i created this topic so that Chris Fries and The JDH know how many of their fans actually believe and them, cause if you havent noticed lately they have talked alot about hate mail from donkey ducks who dont know what entertainment is and i wont them to know that the most of us like their show and believe it's good enough to be put on the best sports network in the US. So my friend if you wouldn't mind let's keep the replies positive thanks holmes.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:59 am

The Cody wrote:So my friend if you wouldn't mind let's keep the replies positive thanks holmes.

my reply was more positive than ANY response you'd get outside of this forum. i tried taking a neutral view. why make it a poll or even a question if you only want everyone to use one answer?? just trying to logically balance out the responses, holmes.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:45 am

lol Cody, you can't expect us all to kiss ass here.

to be honest, I don't think Mike's reply was "negative" at all... he was giving his honest opinion.

Don't get me wrong I like the TLOS guys a lot and would love to see them on ESPN... but you can't demand everyone to bow down and kiss ass lol.

See what I mean bro?

You asked for honest opinions... I'm all for showing appreciation to the TLOS guys as they definitely do deserve it but it shouldn't be a "we love you guys so much mwahzzzz" type of thread.

Not dissing at you or anything btw :p
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:41 am

I'm going to agree with Mitch and Mike. Mike's post wasn't negative at all, he was just saying what he thought. Nothin' wrong with that.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  paradise stolen Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:07 am

TLOS should absoutley be on ESPN! As a daily listener I don't there is a better MMA show out there!
paradise stolen
paradise stolen

http://www.myspace.com/mmadisciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fries Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:43 pm

I was reading the comments on this topic and one of you mentioned that having a fighter as a co-host would add to the dynamics of an MMA show - giving that added boost of credibility to the show, much like Tagg Radio does with Frank Trigg. The JDH and I were talking about that, and we have a realistic wish list of fighters who we've interviewed that were very cool to us and we seemed to have a good rapport with. They are as follows (1 being our top choice):

1) Joe Diesel Riggs - the guy was very cool and said exactly what was on his mind without worrying about offending anyone, and he liked talking smack to everyone - very entertaining.

2) Big John McCarthy - his enthusiasm and passion for the sport, as well as the stories he tells would make him another guy co-host.

3) Hermes Franca - this guy is a ball of energy when we interviewed him, and many people may not realize this, but he is a wild man. When he texted us on New Year's Eve wishing us a Happy New Year saying, "Before I get drunk, naked, lose my phone and get arrested, I wanted to wish you a Happy New Year!" Right then, we knew he'd be a great choice.

4) Chris Leben - okay, maybe I'm a little biased, but Leben was a great interview. He was sincere, knowledgable and has a great sense of humor

5) Frank Shamrock - the self promoter extraordinaire - he loves himself and MMA (we're not sure which he loves more), but he's a well-spoken and very credible analyst

Chris Fries

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:56 pm

Yeah man, if you got any of those guys to co-host it with you two it would a LOT to an already awesome show.

Personally though, I would LOVE either Big John or Leben to join TLOS.

Not just because I am huge fans of them, but also because they are fucking awesome! lol.

But yeah, any of those guys would be good.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:44 pm

To be honest, I think Big John would be a bigger draw to your show than any of the other fighters you had listed. He's a legend in MMA, and has never actually fought with the UFC or any other promotion, before. He has a presence and voice that is to be respected, knows a lot about MMA, and would be a great addition to TLOS, if you were to put him on as a regular part of the show.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:40 pm

I would TOOOTALY watch that show. I say they should just go and storm the espn studio with squirt guns and hold them hostage until they agree to give them a pilot episode just like the Movie Airheads
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  DRMMA618 Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:07 am

ESPN already has a partnership with Sherdog.com

Sherdog.com radio shows get posted up on ESPN podcast center, but an "edited" version though

DRMMA618

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:10 am

I didn't realize they had an MMA show already.... well then, how bout Fox Sports network?
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:45 am

TLOS on FSN would be pretty bad ass!
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:44 pm

I'm gonna do some research on this... see if FSN has an MMA show or not, and look into how to plug the show to them... just to get them to take a notice Smile.. I was a concert promoter and band manager for about 3 years, so I'll attempt to use my knowledge in that field to weasel my wa..... err..... um..... promote The Lights Out Show to FSN.

I'm going to run this by Chris and The JDH first, though.... I'll do that later today, as I'm about to take off for now.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fries Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:48 pm

We'd be fine with anytone storming the castle at Fox to generate interest in our show. We're humbled and grateful for all of this awesome support. You guys are the best. I'm going to weep tears of joy now while drinking an ice-cold shandy (the official beverage of The Lights Out Show).

Chris Fries
TLOS

Chris Fries

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:36 pm

Looks like I have a mission, then Smile
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  The Cody Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:07 am

I have sent emails to ESPN, FSN, NBC, Versus, FOX, CBS, and even SPIKE TV. And i emailed them 20 times each (copy n paste) about to listen to The Lights Out Show. One of them is bound the hear my request, and TLOS is good enough where there are nearly guranteed to get a response from one network.

If i were to guess I think FSN would air them because they love MMA, if you remember back they used to do an older version of UFC Unleashed where they showed past fights. So they will open their ears to a new MMA show.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:07 am

The Cody wrote:I have sent emails to ESPN, FSN, NBC, Versus, FOX, CBS, and even SPIKE TV. And i emailed them 20 times each (copy n paste) about to listen to The Lights Out Show. One of them is bound the hear my request, and TLOS is good enough where there are nearly guranteed to get a response from one network.

spamming them all is a poor representation of TLOS and might actually hinder their chances. i think one, maybe two after a month without response, is enough. intentions may be good, but the result might not be.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  The Cody Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:13 am

WRONG!! Look dude they are busy people they wont read every message you know what I mean, but they would see the subject messages and read one. If I sent one or two dude they wont get read and that just means I would of wrote the message for no reason. Trust me i know what I am doing let's just say I have experience in getting heard by a network or tv show.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next