The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clay Guida Defeats Nate Diaz With A New Technique Called The "Man-Hug"

+2
Mitch Ciccarelli
The Cody
6 posters

Go down

Clay Guida Defeats Nate Diaz With A New Technique Called The "Man-Hug" Empty Clay Guida Defeats Nate Diaz With A New Technique Called The "Man-Hug"

Post  The Cody Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:21 am

Look I am a HUGE fan of Nate Diaz and i am partly biased but there has to be one guy in here that agrees that Nate Diaz was robbed in that fight (not by the decison the way that Clay Guida fought). Ok now in the first round I agree it was all Guida, he controlled him he pounded down on him and avoided the submission and got the big slam. Now after that what the hell did he do?? He grabbed him couldnt finish the takedown and just held onto him after Nate Diaz was whooping him on the feet, and the only time they would go to the ground is when Nate Diaz tried his hip toss and credit Guida for having an excellent base to avoid being on the bottom. Clay Guida won that decison becaused he "Man-Hugged" him and grinded out a decison because he knew that Nate Diaz would just dominate him on the feet. Some of you call that a smart game plan but I call that fighting like a b**ch
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Clay Guida Defeats Nate Diaz With A New Technique Called The "Man-Hug" Empty Re: Clay Guida Defeats Nate Diaz With A New Technique Called The "Man-Hug"

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:10 am

I call it a win...
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Clay Guida Defeats Nate Diaz With A New Technique Called The "Man-Hug" Empty Re: Clay Guida Defeats Nate Diaz With A New Technique Called The "Man-Hug"

Post  DFDmike Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:43 am

its nate diaz's job to find a way to scramble out or do something. did he even watch the danzig fight???

i like diaz... but saying someone who comes forward like clay a bitch is pretty uncalled for in my opinion. boring? eh, a little... being a "bitch"? not so much.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:12 pm

Exactly.

Was it an exciting performance? Not really

But hey Cody, it was a win brutha. It doesn't have to be pretty, it's a win and Guida won fair and square.

I was rooting for Diaz too, but hey he got beat, not much we can do about it.

Calling him a bitch, is uncalled for at least in my opinion. I don't care who you are, you step into the cage you are not a bitch by any means.

Not trying to be a jerk btw, just stating my opinion Razz
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  astrowhiz Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:04 pm

I had similar thoughts to you The Cody after the Diaz-Guida fight. It was a tough one to score because technically it was feasible to give Guida the win but taking the fight as a whole Diaz was never in any trouble while he was being hugged and when he did take the offensive his attacks were more effective than Guida's. Credit Guida with some decent defense against Diaz' BJJ though.
The scoring system in MMA seems to penalise a fighter like Diaz in some respects. A methodiacal fighter who will wait in a clinch for an opportunity to out-manouvre his opponent or pull guard to set up a BJJ technique; these are taken as negatives and are generally seen as your opponent dominating you.
It's probably been mentioned before but there has to be a better scoring system than the current simplistic 10 point round boxing throwback.
astrowhiz
astrowhiz

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:38 pm

The Man-Hug isn't a knew technique at all... Dan Henderson has mastered this technique, as has Josh Koscheck, who routinely used it earlier in his career.

But hey.. it's not like Clay Guida does that in every single fight... unlike Dan Henderson... who does.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:29 pm

Mortis wrote:The Man-Hug isn't a knew technique at all... Dan Henderson has mastered this technique, as has Josh Koscheck, who routinely used it earlier in his career.

But hey.. it's not like Clay Guida does that in every single fight... unlike Dan Henderson... who does.

i really don't get your hendo hate. you knock him for this all the time. dan has many exciting fights due to striking, wrestling, and the clinch game. its not like sherk being a notorious lay'n'pray fighter (before he thought he could strike) or something extremely blatant.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:59 pm

I don't find Hendo exciting at all. Good fighter and wrestler, yes. I just don't care for him. I wasn't a big fan of his in Pride, either.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  The Cody Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:05 pm

Hahahaha jesus Mitch n Mike it doesn't seem we can agree on anything huh? But check this out one thing you have to learn about me is that i am EXTREMELY bias dude, If Rampage,Leben or any one of the Diaz brothers loses (especially decison) i will just talk crap trying to convince myself and everyone else that whoever beat them didnt do it like a true fighter ya know? Give me a break i know all of you do it, Like Moris I bet that if Dan Henderson won a fight by decison especially if it was against your favorite fighter you would talk crap right? Or is it just me? Do I really believe Guida is a bitch, not really but hey it makes me feel better to call him one because come on guys i have the fight taped and I watched it again this morning, outside the first round Guida didnt do crap and you know what to make you feel better Diaz didnt either but he was trying to get something done alot more than Guida. I got to find a topic we can ALL agree on huh guys.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:14 pm

lol.. you can bet I was mumbling under my breath when Hendo laid on Rich for 3 rounds and poked him in the eye.

Everyone has their favorite fighters and least favorite fighters.. Hendo just happens to be in my least favorite category.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:22 am

Mortis wrote:lol.. you can bet I was mumbling under my breath when Hendo laid on Rich for 3 rounds and poked him in the eye.

Everyone has their favorite fighters and least favorite fighters.. Hendo just happens to be in my least favorite category.

LOL Mortis

Seriously everyone knows you don't want to let the fight go to the judges. It's that simple. Finish your opponent or you really can't bitch. I don't agree with a lot of decisions but I am not one of the judges so what can you do?
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:48 am

The Cody wrote:Hahahaha jesus Mitch n Mike it doesn't seem we can agree on anything huh? But check this out one thing you have to learn about me is that i am EXTREMELY bias dude, If Rampage,Leben or any one of the Diaz brothers loses (especially decison) i will just talk crap trying to convince myself and everyone else that whoever beat them didnt do it like a true fighter ya know? Give me a break i know all of you do it, Like Moris I bet that if Dan Henderson won a fight by decison especially if it was against your favorite fighter you would talk crap right? Or is it just me? Do I really believe Guida is a bitch, not really but hey it makes me feel better to call him one because come on guys i have the fight taped and I watched it again this morning, outside the first round Guida didnt do crap and you know what to make you feel better Diaz didnt either but he was trying to get something done alot more than Guida. I got to find a topic we can ALL agree on huh guys.

Sorry dude I don't talk crap about fighters unless it's 100% justified.

I'm a huge Matt Serra and B.J Penn fan, but GSP beat both their asses fair and square and for that I RESPECT him.

I'm sorry but talking crap about a guy who went in the cage, fought and WON is pretty freaking uncalled for.

I was upset to see Serra and Penn get destroyed, but I dealt with it like a man and realized there isn't much I can do about it.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down