The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Carlos Condit A Threat In The UFC??

+2
Jake Amdahl
The Cody
6 posters

Go down

Is Carlos Condit A Threat In The UFC?? Empty Is Carlos Condit A Threat In The UFC??

Post  The Cody Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:39 am

Now The JDH and Chris Fries have been talking about how Kampamann would mow through Carlos Condit and how he wouldnt be much of a threat at 170 lbs in the UFC. And i would like everyone's take on it, my take that is that Carlos Condit is a threat at 170 lbs but not to the title, just to the people trying to get there. I agree he would be no match for Georges St.Pierre but to say Martin Kampmann would "mow" through him I think is having WAY to much threat in Kampmann. Yes, Carlos Condit has been fighting in a "minor" league of welterweights in the WEC, but dude you have to remember he trains out of Greg Jackson's camp so you know he is a great fighter. Martin Kampmann vs Carlos Condit has already been made official for the UFC Fight Night in April, and you know what I am calling Carlos Condit to take that fight because Carlos Condit is a threat on the feet and on the ground. Now i know that everybody is thinking about Condit's last fight but I just think he underestimated his opponent and thought that he wouldnt be as big of a challenge as he was. Carlos Condit is a threat to any Welterweight Mike Swick, Josh Koscheck, Matt Hughes, Thiago Alves, Jon Fitch, Karo Parisyan any of them. Now I am not saying he would defeat any of them but I think he would be a very difficult opponent to defeat.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Is Carlos Condit A Threat In The UFC?? Empty Re: Is Carlos Condit A Threat In The UFC??

Post  Jake Amdahl Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:06 am

I don't see him as much of a threat. He's good but he isn't GREAT in any area. He's a tough dude, but I don't see him making much of a splash in the UFC.
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Is Carlos Condit A Threat In The UFC?? Empty Re: Is Carlos Condit A Threat In The UFC??

Post  DFDmike Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:08 am

don't think he'll amount to anything.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  paradise stolen Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:29 am

I think he will be a threat at 170 anywhere he fights because of how tall and lanky he is. I think he is like 6'2 or something. This makes his jab and his guard extremely dangerous. Could he beat GSP? No. But I think he would give a guy like Karo a run for his money.
paradise stolen
paradise stolen

http://www.myspace.com/mmadisciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:32 am

He's alright, but definitely not threatening.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:59 pm

I don't think Kampmann will maul him.

Condit is a threat to any welterweight out there.

His striking is very good, as is his ground game. He just needs work on his wrestling, and now that he has moved out to train with the guys at Arizona Combat Sports... working with top level wrestlers everyday sure as hell should help his wrestling game out.

I don't know if he will become a champ or even a top contender, but I am saying.... the guy is talented and can give any WW a run for their money.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:05 am

see its hard to say because i don't know if kampmann is as good as everyone acts, but if he is, then i think he will destroy condit no problem. i mean, if it was marquardt or someone i was sure about then i'd be all about it, but i just can't tell about him. but either way, i don't see condit ever even making top 10 WW with all the guys they have. the only guy i think would make it a close fight is fitch. he seems to have problems dominating b-level fighters. he kind of plays off his opponents level.

actually, just thought of a good fight

chris wilson vs. carlos condit
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down