The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, I'm Blue

3 posters

Go down

Hi, I'm Blue Empty Hi, I'm Blue

Post  Blue Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:45 pm

Geez, I didn't read that the TITLE had to have that many characters in it. I kept trying condense my post down to like nothing. lol lame.

Anyway, my name is Anthony. I go by Blue. I am huge fan of MMA, or at least the UFC. I have been a fan since 1992, I think it was, when I ordered the first UFC on Pay per view. I was a huge boxing fan also. So, I can look at both sides of the "boxing vs mma" argument that is frequently brought up. I used to write articles for my school newspaper in high school back in the 90's about boxing. I started watching these sports as a way to bond and spend time with my father. Now that he has passed, it's now my brother and my ritual way of bonding.

I am a fan of the techniques. I love the strategy and th tactics. I am sad about the evolution of the sport on one hand but I am glad for it's popularity and the fact that the fighters now enjoy respect and notoriety. I just miss the no holds barred, discipline vs discipline of the old days. I hate watching things like the Elite XC with their ignorant fans that boo when a good ground game is going. To me the old days of Royce going for an hour on the ground to finally submit a guy, will NEVER be matched by anything we will ever see again. Those were the days where you see real grappling, real Jiu Jitsu. Fans wouldn't have that now, they are only in it for the knock out and the blood. (obviously I am talking about the fair weather, yuppy, bandwagon fans) If you are not in that category, fine. If you are I would really recommend you rent the old UFC's with Royce in them. That's the real stuff to me.

I love a good knock out and I love a good submission but those long fights back in the day were so amazing.

My favorite fighter is Forrest. I have been a fan since day one of TUF. I love his personality and his fights. There aren't alot of the newer fighters that I really enjoy watching in particularly, there are some though. I am just a huge fan of MMA in general. I don't have alot of experience in watching fights outside of the UFC.

My favorite shows are UFC Unleashed, TUF, WEC Wrekage, TLOS and the Tapout show.

Thanks for the forums. You guys keep getting better and better at dealing with your fans, Chris and JDH. This feature will just make you more popular!

Blue
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm Blue Empty Re: Hi, I'm Blue

Post  Mortis Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:04 pm

The first UFC event was in November 1993, so it must have been 1993 when you first started watching UFC. Smile

Welcome to the boards, Blue!
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  GREYFOX Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:34 am

Welcome to the boards Blue!

"YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!!!"
GREYFOX
GREYFOX

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:13 am

ya thats right. It was in 93, cuz I graduated high school that year and I remember the house we had just moved to that year. We watched the fights there.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down