The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC 97: Shogun or Liddell?

4 posters

Go down

UFC 97: Shogun or Liddell? Empty UFC 97: Shogun or Liddell?

Post  DFDmike Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:50 pm

who do you want and who do you think will win??

i've always been a huge Shogun fan and hated Liddell's one dimensional ways. i said it before the Rashad loss, and i'll say it now, Chuck Liddell will lose. hopefully, i'll be right this time. Chuck is the most over-rated fighter in MMA.

i also think Kongo is horribly overrated, and Hardonk will get the win.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

UFC 97: Shogun or Liddell? Empty Re: UFC 97: Shogun or Liddell?

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:14 pm

You'll see my thoughts in my article that should be up soon. I just sent it in and am waiting for TLOS to post it.

but basically I think Chuck will win this fight, unless the REAL Shogun comes out in which case he will destroy Liddell.

As far as who I want to win? I like them both so it doesn't really matter. I guess I kinda want Chuck to win just to prove my prediction right though Razz
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:27 pm

The REAL Shogun isn't allowed in the UFC, unless they start making face stomps legal. I am quite surprised about the way he's been fighting since coming to the UFC.. you know, since Paulo Filho is moving up to LHW.. they should have Shogun vs. Filho...... would probably be considered "the most boring match ever that could have been awesome".........

I got Liddell over Shogun in the 3rd via KO
Kongo over Hardonk in the 2nd via TKO
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:17 pm

c'moooooonnnnn Shogun!!!!

Twisted Evil

cane, silva, and kang support too!
and anti-kongo support!

UFC 97: Shogun or Liddell? Shogunsuperman

UFC 97: Shogun or Liddell? 12580
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:26 pm

LOL Mortis, you are right. The UFC rules won't let the real Shogun in there. My fight picks for this card are all screwed up so I am not even going to go there. I am pretty torn on several so I might as well have tossed a coin.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:40 am

cheers
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:52 am

LOL Mike!

BTW, I gotta say that I have never been so UNimpressed by Anderson Silva as I was tonight. All the pat-a-cake shit was getting old fast. He should have just taken his ball and gone home. He was mad at Thales obviously for going balls out. That's bullshit. Why didn't he go for it? If he can't win, he doesn't want to play or what? Where was the champion? And then he laid there and cried afterwards? WTF was that about?
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:58 am

Jennifer wrote:LOL Mike!

BTW, I gotta say that I have never been so UNimpressed by Anderson Silva as I was tonight. All the pat-a-cake shit was getting old fast. He should have just taken his ball and gone home. He was mad at Thales obviously for going balls out. That's bullshit. Why didn't he go for it? If he can't win, he doesn't want to play or what? Where was the champion? And then he laid there and cried afterwards? WTF was that about?

he was praying, not crying, you can hear him speaking.

also, unimpressed?? he looked leagues above him. he was toying with him. basically smacking dana white right across the face so he will NEVER put him against BS competition again! joe silva and dana white ought to be thoroughly embarrassed. silva says he might only finish out his last fights on his contract and they give him this and cote! come on...

anderson came out there pissed at the ufc. he wasn't going to make his poor defenseless brazilian opponent the highlight reel KO they wanted. he could've stormed through him, but he wanted it to be grueling. i was glad and lost no respect.

war anderson.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:55 pm

DFDmike wrote:
Jennifer wrote:LOL Mike!

he was praying, not crying, you can hear him speaking.

also, unimpressed?? he looked leagues above him. he was toying with him. basically smacking dana white right across the face so he will NEVER put him against BS competition again! joe silva and dana white ought to be thoroughly embarrassed. silva says he might only finish out his last fights on his contract and they give him this and cote! come on...

anderson came out there pissed at the ufc. he wasn't going to make his poor defenseless brazilian opponent the highlight reel KO they wanted. he could've stormed through him, but he wanted it to be grueling. i was glad and lost no respect.

war anderson.

lol i never thought of it like that... you might be on to something here.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:37 pm

It looked like someone took a vaccuum to Anderson and sucked out every inch of fat and wasted muscle.. dude looked as skinny as ever.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:39 pm

It sounded like sobbing and there were tears when he got up but praying is different for him than it is for your or I so I can understand that.

Pissed at the UFC? Doesn't seem like a very good excuse. He just came off as arrogant.
I don't know that I believe that he didn't want to be grueling. It really looked like things just weren't going his way so he was pissed and irritated. Maybe not but that's how it looked to me. I guess I just expected something more from one of the thop P4P fighters in the world. My mistake. So if he doesn't get an opponent that meets his approval or is scared shitless of him (like Leites look to be) then is this what we should expect? Not trying to piss anyone off so don't get mad at me guys. It's just my rant.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:15 pm

it's BS. bj, gsp, etc all get great match ups. silva gets shafted. silva offers to move up to lhw and offer dream matches, and they give him james irvin... leites did nothing to deserve that title shot. plus, he isn't a name. he wants to box roy jones. dana says no. god, at least give him someone who comes ready to fight him! thales was losing, HE should be the one who gets bitched at for not engaging. why change something that works? anderson was winning just the way he was fighting.

plus, jennifer, you need to understand silva broke the record for most consecutive UFC wins, is now tied for title defenses, and he had more on his mind than the boo hooing fans. he was emotional. who are we to critique his emphatic state?

and to say he was merely frustrated is ridiculous... he was toying with him! did you see those kicks?! he was making a mockery of the whole situation and rightfully so. he was frustrated he was put up against a guy who, point blank, had no business fighting him. i mean every time he went to attack, thales dropped to his back!

i just can't believe you would pick out anderson, when thales was more so the problem.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:09 am

I don't disagree that Thales was more the problem but he is exactly what you said, a non-worthy opponent. He didn't belong there and Anderson should have made everyone see that. Like I said, I guess I just expected more from Silva. IDK I guess I just don't agree with his method. I don't really see how making a mockery of the situation helped him. If it did, more power to him. And yes I did see those kicks. Looked like he wanted to break kneecap. Why stop there?
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down