The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Griffin in UFC 101

+2
Mortis
Blue
6 posters

Go down

Griffin in UFC 101 Empty Griffin in UFC 101

Post  Blue Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:19 pm

Griffin Vs Silva, 8.8,2009 In Phillie

I so glad forest is coming back. I am gonna be hoping he wins.

Last edited by Blue on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Griffin in UFC 101 Empty Re: Griffin in UFC 101

Post  Mortis Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:58 pm

He's fighting Thiago Silva, not Alves.. you were probably thinking about Thiago Alves, the welterweight, when posting this, hehe.

Should be a good fight.. I'd like to see Forrest win this, but T Silva is one bad mothaf'er.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:17 am

Mortis wrote:He's fighting Thiago Silva, not Alves.. you were probably thinking about Thiago Alves, the welterweight, when posting this, hehe.

Should be a good fight.. I'd like to see Forrest win this, but T Silva is one bad mothaf'er.

Truth, and a GNP machine as well. Which is trouble for Forrest.

I hope Forrest can get the win though, I'll be rooting for him.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:00 am

forrest via losing.

he will get ko'd on the feet, out sprawled with a TD, submitted in thiago's guard, or pounded out on his back. things are looking pretty grim for the over-inflated TUF winner and one time (and will only be ONE TIME) LHW belt holder.

good guy. awful fighter. his stand up is mediocre, wrestling is crap, submission game is average, and everyone is like "but he is so tough!!!" tough?? i don't get what that means... he has an AWFUL chin. wtf does "tough" mean? because forrest can't take a beating well at all.

Griffin in UFC 101 Mma_a_evans4_300
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:47 pm

DFDmike wrote:forrest via losing.

he will get ko'd on the feet, out sprawled with a TD, submitted in thiago's guard, or pounded out on his back. things are looking pretty grim for the over-inflated TUF winner and one time (and will only be ONE TIME) LHW belt holder.

good guy. awful fighter. his stand up is mediocre, wrestling is crap, submission game is average, and everyone is like "but he is so tough!!!" tough?? i don't get what that means... he has an AWFUL chin. wtf does "tough" mean? because forrest can't take a beating well at all.

Griffin in UFC 101 Mma_a_evans4_300

I'm gonna have to agree. I like Forrest's personality (and his Dropkick Murphy's entrance music may be the best in the UFC, hehe), awesome dude..... but I got T Silva via GnP at the end of the 1st or beg-mid of the 2nd.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:17 pm

this isn't happening. forrest signed in a fight with anderson silva.

RIP forrest
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:03 pm

At least this will be a fight. Forest isn't scared to get hit so he won't just stand around (or lay around) and do nothing. He'll probably go in there balls out and Silva likes that. Not to say he won't get his ass kicked but there should be some decent action, LOL.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:42 am

Jennifer wrote:At least this will be a fight. Forest isn't scared to get hit so he won't just stand around (or lay around) and do nothing. He'll probably go in there balls out and Silva likes that. Not to say he won't get his ass kicked but there should be some decent action, LOL.

yeah.. but franklin has wayyy better stand up than forrest. and if size is the issue, james irvin was huge that fight, cut a ton of weight. plus, even the sandman has better stand up.

i would imagine randy will have forrest train takedowns because of anderson's weak TD defense and basically on control. ala, dan henderson rd 1 and travis lutter too. that is the only reasonable game plan.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Fri May 01, 2009 9:32 am

wtf....no he is apparently fighting ANDERSON silva? I just got back from Texas after a week and I just heard about this.

Is this true?
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Fri May 01, 2009 7:54 pm

Yep... ufc.com has Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin listed at UFC 101... I guess when Forrest heard he was fighting Silva, he probably thought Thiago Silva (Forrest posted a bulletin on his myspace of a fan made Thiago Silva vs. Forrest Griffin promo). I would actually rather see Forrest and Thiago fight than Anderson and Forrest.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Fri May 01, 2009 8:26 pm

Mortis wrote:Yep... ufc.com has Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin listed at UFC 101... I guess when Forrest heard he was fighting Silva, he probably thought Thiago Silva (Forrest posted a bulletin on his myspace of a fan made Thiago Silva vs. Forrest Griffin promo). I would actually rather see Forrest and Thiago fight than Anderson and Forrest.

i'll be at this ufc. it also has florian/penn. it's in philly so it's only an hour and a half from me!
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Fri May 01, 2009 10:08 pm

DFDmike wrote:
Mortis wrote:Yep... ufc.com has Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin listed at UFC 101... I guess when Forrest heard he was fighting Silva, he probably thought Thiago Silva (Forrest posted a bulletin on his myspace of a fan made Thiago Silva vs. Forrest Griffin promo). I would actually rather see Forrest and Thiago fight than Anderson and Forrest.

i'll be at this ufc. it also has florian/penn. it's in philly so it's only an hour and a half from me!

awesome! try and get some pics with the fighters and post em Very Happy
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Sat May 02, 2009 5:06 pm

Should be an awesome fight.

Anderson Silva via 3rd round TKO.

I'll be rooting for Forrest though Smile

As for Penn/Florian, I really think that one could go either way and I'm still not sure on my prediction for it yet.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sat May 02, 2009 9:12 pm

I will be rooting for both Forest and Kenny but to be honest (and no disrespect intended to any of the fighters) I am not going to hold my breath. They really could go either way but something in my gut tells me that I will be in for a night of disappointment.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sat May 02, 2009 9:15 pm

DFDmike wrote:
Jennifer wrote:At least this will be a fight. Forest isn't scared to get hit so he won't just stand around (or lay around) and do nothing. He'll probably go in there balls out and Silva likes that. Not to say he won't get his ass kicked but there should be some decent action, LOL.

yeah.. but franklin has wayyy better stand up than forrest. and if size is the issue, james irvin was huge that fight, cut a ton of weight. plus, even the sandman has better stand up.

i would imagine randy will have forrest train takedowns because of anderson's weak TD defense and basically on control. ala, dan henderson rd 1 and travis lutter too. that is the only reasonable game plan.

Franklin most definitely has better stand up. And you are right about Forest as far as training for the takedowns. It will be interesting to see either way.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Sun May 03, 2009 10:37 pm

They keep changing these cards on me. I am gonna stop listening to the cards, soon, and just wait for the fights.

This is stupid.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Griffin in UFC 101 Empty HMMM...

Post  Shinigami Girl Wed May 06, 2009 6:42 am

I really don't know what to say about this fight. I don't know if Forrest has a shot at winning, Silva is a tough competitor. This is no cake walk for Forrest...good luck to him. BTW WTF is up with all the injuries??? cyclops
Shinigami Girl
Shinigami Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinigami Girl Wed May 06, 2009 6:45 am

Blue wrote:They keep changing these cards on me. I am gonna stop listening to the cards, soon, and just wait for the fights.

This is stupid.

I know tell me about it...what's going on with all the injuries. I feel sorry for people who are buying the the event tickets only to find out his/her favorite fighter won't be fighting...sucks!
Shinigami Girl
Shinigami Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Wed May 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Shinigami Girl wrote:
Blue wrote:They keep changing these cards on me. I am gonna stop listening to the cards, soon, and just wait for the fights.

This is stupid.

I know tell me about it...what's going on with all the injuries. I feel sorry for people who are buying the the event tickets only to find out his/her favorite fighter won't be fighting...sucks!

it sucks, i agree.

but it's very unpredictable.

lately everyone seems to be getting injured though lol.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down