The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CBS RATINGS NOT ENOUGH, ELITEXC CLOSING UP SHOP

+4
Admin
Mortis
Rampage
DRMMA618
8 posters

Go down

CBS RATINGS NOT ENOUGH, ELITEXC CLOSING UP SHOP Empty CBS RATINGS NOT ENOUGH, ELITEXC CLOSING UP SHOP

Post  DRMMA618 Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:16 am

ProElite, Inc., parent company of Elite Xtreme Combat, is throwing in the towel on mixed martial arts.

Several sources MMAWeekly.com spoke to said notifications had been sent out on Monday informing managers that the company was ceasing its fight promotion operations by the end of this week and it had begun the process of letting its employees go. One source even said that ProElite had already begun clearing out its corporate offices.

more at MMAWeekly Elite XC closing up shop

DRMMA618

Back to top Go down

CBS RATINGS NOT ENOUGH, ELITEXC CLOSING UP SHOP Empty Re: CBS RATINGS NOT ENOUGH, ELITEXC CLOSING UP SHOP

Post  Rampage Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:46 am

HAHAH I CALLED IT
I CALLED IT
I CALLED IT

Omg i need to find some proof
Rampage
Rampage

http://www.myspace.com/trojnmanplease

Back to top Go down

CBS RATINGS NOT ENOUGH, ELITEXC CLOSING UP SHOP Empty Re: CBS RATINGS NOT ENOUGH, ELITEXC CLOSING UP SHOP

Post  Mortis Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:56 am

Jared Shaw: "OMG! KIMBO LOST! CUT OUR LOSSES AND RUN!"

That's how the last Elite XC meeting went.

What sucks is that Elite XC had a ton of talent in their arsenal. They just didn't use it well.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:39 am

I posted a good article from SI.com on the TLOS home page that gives a good background of the situation. Sadly, we recorded the Tuesday show (volume 167) just before this news broke, but of course, we'll have full discussion for Thursday's volume 168. The question now is what happens to fighters like Kimbo, Carano, Lawler, Diaz, etc. Of course they'll re-emerge elsewhere...but where. The coming days and weeks will be very interesting. We'll keep you posted guys.

Chris Fries
TLOS

Admin
Admin

https://thelightsoutshow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:45 am

Effing Elitexc...If they had better leaders they could have put on some great fights..
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:33 am

GOOD! Stupid show. I hated everything about it from the beginning.....cept Gina.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:07 pm

I kind of hate to say it.. but I would actually like to see Kimbo in the UFC, though, I don't think the UFC would ever sign him.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  GREYFOX Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:09 pm

I could care less about seeing Kimbo get signed anywhere else. No real desire to see him get beat by true MMAers anymore. Another one, KJ Noons, whiney ass cry baby won't have to worry about losing to Nick Diaz again now.

The ones I'm gonig to miss are Nick Diaz, Robbie Lawler, Jake Shields, and Benji Radach.

However, through all of this, the most devastating part (and I NEVER would have thought I would be saying this 2 years ago), is that my chances of getting to see Gina Carano and Christian Santos fight are slim and none now. I never would have thought that the part of Elite XC I was going to miss the most was the female MMA, but it's true. You know damn good and well that Dana is not going to get female fights started in the UFC, so then what? I guess the small possibility is that Affliction picks them up, but I doubt that happens as well. My guess is women's MMA will die down and fade into a smaller, much less televised organization. Then the only way we'll ever see Gina vs Cyborg is if Cyborg makes a guest appearance on Gladiators to try and beat Crush's ass (oh the visuals I get from that thought!)
GREYFOX
GREYFOX

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:16 am

Mortis wrote:I kind of hate to say it.. but I would actually like to see Kimbo in the UFC, though, I don't think the UFC would ever sign him.

I get the impression that he isn't very well liked or respected in the MMA world and I know Dana White can't stand him. That's probably an understatement.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:36 am

Yeah, I know we won't actually see Kimbo in the UFC.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down