The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mir wasn't happy w/ Junie, Until

+3
Jake Amdahl
Mortis
DRMMA618
7 posters

Go down

Mir wasn't happy w/ Junie, Until Empty Mir wasn't happy w/ Junie, Until

Post  DRMMA618 Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:19 pm

Mir wasn't happy with the Junie spitting on the belt and acting childish.

But Junie apologized to Nogueira on his own. Mir was going to tell Junie to apologize, but he did it on his own.

DRMMA618

Back to top Go down

Mir wasn't happy w/ Junie, Until Empty Re: Mir wasn't happy w/ Junie, Until

Post  Mortis Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:59 pm

Junie was trying to hype himself up for TV, whether it be good or bad. He's just a tool. For TV or not, the whole spitting thing was just unacceptable, and the most disrespectful thing you can do to another fighter. He's not even that great of a fighter. Good fight, but two mediocre fighters can make a fight look decent.

Junie won't go past the next round.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:08 pm

Did anybody else here both junie and mir say that the producers ask them to be exciting like that? I COULD have been hearing what I wanted to hear, but I'm pretty sure they said something along those lines while talking to nogs.
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:18 pm

I don't know but I suspected that was the case all along. Still as far as I am concerned, he went way overboard and that's just not cool. I still think he's a jerk and now a lousy fighter to boot. I am sorry his fight was just pitiful. He didn't back up any of the shit he talked. He just got lucky in my opinion.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:51 pm

Junie certainly didn't show he was all that skilled BUT he did have some decent striking. It was very basic but pretty crisp. Plus, he hit really hard. If anything, Roli showed he had an amazing chin. Junie was cracking his jaw very well and he just wouldn't quit. I think Junie got frustrated in rnd 1, rnd2 he turned it up and did a good job, rnd three he threw caution to the wind and was just having fun. I've had this type of thing happen in sparring before where you start off thinking "Okay, I could KILL this person" and they show you they are a bit tougher than you thought and it shakes your confidence. Then you find you reach and rhythm and you start doing what you thought you'd do to start and, eventually, you just start backyard brawling.
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:54 am

Yeah, that was one thing I forgot to mention. Roli did have an amazing chin in that fight.. he took a couple of shots in a row, and just stood up and glared at Juni, lol.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Mir wasn't happy w/ Junie, Until Empty There is no excuse

Post  The JDH Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:08 am

There is no excuse for Juni spitting on a black belt.

The look on Nogueira's face (and Mir's for that matter) said it all, complete dis-belief and disgust. His spitting on the black belt is not only an act of disrespect toward his opponant, it's and act of disrespect to Martial Arts as a whole.

I know (and have met) several people who have given large chunks of their lives in the quest of earning a black belt, each one is humbled and very proud of their accomplishment (as they should be)... and they were all more than upset by Juni's actions. Juni exhibits not of the traits of a true Martial Artist.

JDH
The JDH
The JDH

http://www.thelightsoutshow.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:43 am

your threads get me every time... i dont know why but i read them and then just sit here blankly puzzled.

its like,

"nog didnt have a problem with junie... until... he JUMPED OVER THE CAGE!!!!!"

like nothing else. usually they'd start with a "i was reading an interview where..." or " heard mir on a radio show saying..." but these are just like "insert random clip from the show"

but i enjoy them so dont stop because of me. Smile
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:05 pm

The JDH wrote:There is no excuse for Juni spitting on a black belt.

The look on Nogueira's face (and Mir's for that matter) said it all, complete dis-belief and disgust. His spitting on the black belt is not only an act of disrespect toward his opponant, it's and act of disrespect to Martial Arts as a whole.

I know (and have met) several people who have given large chunks of their lives in the quest of earning a black belt, each one is humbled and very proud of their accomplishment (as they should be)... and they were all more than upset by Juni's actions. Juni exhibits not of the traits of a true Martial Artist.

JDH
I agree with that/ Nobody should ever disrespect a belt like that
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  bearhargiss Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:53 am

I think Junie is a complete douchebag. I am from Kentucky myself and he really gives everyone in KY a bad name, not just fighters. My big thing is, if you think his BJJ skills are crap, why wouldn't he go to the ground with him? I honestly think after landing a few good shots and not shaking him, his confidence went down and wasn't too sure about going to the ground.

bearhargiss

http://bearhargiss.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down