The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible topic to discuss on TLOS

2 posters

Go down

Possible topic to discuss on TLOS Empty Possible topic to discuss on TLOS

Post  Blue Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:05 pm

Ok....I might be just a moron but I am pretty sure that other people will have this question. Forgive me if you have already discussed it on the show.

What the heck is going on with this "interim" heavyweight championship and this "heavyweight championship". The Lesnar Couture fight is advertising as the championship and the Nog fight is advertising as the interim championship fight.

AND WHY AREN'T THEY FIGHTING!?!?

I mean it's idiotic to have two champions and it's even more stupid to have them fight anymore besides each other.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Possible topic to discuss on TLOS Empty Re: Possible topic to discuss on TLOS

Post  Mortis Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:54 pm

They are having a mini-tournament. The Lesnar / Couture winner will be fighting the Big Nog / Mir winner to see who is the undisputed UFC heavyweight champion.

The reason why Big Nog is the interim champion is because Randy Couture originally left the UFC (breaking his contract) while he was still champion. Since Couture was still contracted with the UFC at the time that he originally left, the UFC still considered Couture the heavyweight champion. But, the UFC had to continue, so they made Tim Sylvia vs. Nog as the interim championship, the winner to pose as the champion until the whole Couture situation was handled. Couture returned, and now they are having that tournament to see who is the undisputed champ.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:20 pm

Aw ok. That makes sense and I guess that "the show must go on" while Randy quit but I think it's lame that they aren't fighting each other.

I guess stuff was already set in motion for the TUF show and stuff before all this coming back to the UFC business so it kinda put them in a difficult spot. Interesting.

Thanks for the reply.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down