The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jake shields

2 posters

Go down

Jake shields Empty Jake shields

Post  chainsaw Rivera Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:56 pm

If Jake shields were to go to UFC,he would be killed! All the guys in the welterweight class would be way to much for jake. Y not put him in WEC.It would be perfect for him.After all,he did beat Condit.Rematch,Rematch!
chainsaw Rivera
chainsaw Rivera

Back to top Go down

Jake shields Empty Re: Jake shields

Post  DFDmike Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:49 am

"All the guys in the welterweight class would be way to much for jake"

is that a joke??? jake is far better than all these TUF guys and they make the big show... yeah, he definitely wouldn't run the division, but he would be a bubble top 10 fighter guaranteed. GSP, alves, fitch, diego, and kos are the only WW's i would take over him and honestly, im only sure on the first 3. i think hed have a chance against kos or diego. name some more, please.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  chainsaw Rivera Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:01 pm

I just got done watching most of his fights and no I don't think he would make it.The guys he beat in the first rounds of his fights were people I never heard of.The guys he had a hard time with like Dave menne and akira kikuchi gave him a hard time(not saying these guys are not good!).

He's to one dimensional.his striking sucks to.He would be eating alive by kos and diego(sorry,there to big).

If he fought in the ufc,I think he would lead to a lot of boring fights but in WEC he would go straight to the top!
chainsaw Rivera
chainsaw Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:13 pm

chainsaw Rivera wrote:I just got done watching most of his fights and no I don't think he would make it.The guys he beat in the first rounds of his fights were people I never heard of.The guys he had a hard time with like Dave menne and akira kikuchi gave him a hard time(not saying these guys are not good!).

He's to one dimensional.his striking sucks to.He would be eating alive by kos and diego(sorry,there to big).

If he fought in the ufc,I think he would lead to a lot of boring fights but in WEC he would go straight to the top!

all i ask... name 5 more fighters at WW that are better, thus proving he is not top 10 and therefore not ready because any top 10 fighter is ready. please, just name fighters.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  chainsaw Rivera Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:19 pm

Lets seeee...I'll do my best!1Luigi fiorivante(did I spell his name right?) 2Chris Lytle 3Marcus Davis 4Karo parisyan(if he deals with his panic attacks) 5 Mike swick. who knows? maybe he could be top 10.Tell me one thing? would you want him to be a UFC gatekeeper or a WEC world champ? Because one sounds better then the other!
chainsaw Rivera
chainsaw Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:55 am

chainsaw Rivera wrote:Lets seeee...I'll do my best!1Luigi fiorivante(did I spell his name right?) 2Chris Lytle 3Marcus Davis 4Karo parisyan(if he deals with his panic attacks) 5 Mike swick. who knows? maybe he could be top 10.Tell me one thing? would you want him to be a UFC gatekeeper or a WEC world champ? Because one sounds better then the other!

luigi????? come on maaan...
lytle- i doubt it, he is a little sloppy and would need to get a quick ko
davis- forgot him. yeah, i dont think he is great, he hasnt beat a good fighter... ever. hed get subbed on the ground.
karo- i doubt it. he is a slob and would get subbed.
swick- he doesnt impress me at all. maybe but it would be a snoozefest victory.

the guy has a victory over yushin okami, who is BY FAR better than all five of the guys you named. he beat "mach" saurai, the guy who ko'd danzig, beat jens pulver, shinya aoki, and frank trigg...

jake is by far ready to be MORE than a WW gate keeper. as a matter of fact, he has NEVER been knocked out, so with his chin, he can probably pull guard with out getting hit and his ground game is as good as ANY WW.

none of the guys you named have really established themselves with big wins. jake HAS.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  chainsaw Rivera Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:19 pm

I look at jake shields as a minnie diago sanches,except he's not as strong.Diage VS luigi fight,he was able to stop diago's take downs.He would do the same to jake and force him to strike.So luigi all the way! 2 lytle is a Vet.he could pull off a win for sure! 3Jake would probobly davis but I would not be shocked if he pulled off a win 4 KARO WOULD GET SUBBED!? ARE YOU KiDDING ME!!! When did you ever see karo get subbed,he dosent.If jake were to Survive the first and second round(and thats a big if!)he'd b
chainsaw Rivera
chainsaw Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  chainsaw Rivera Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:29 pm

back to karo.karo's cardeo is what make him so hard to beat,so jake would not stand a chance with him! karo never had the belt but he is one of the best. oh that mach asian fighter fought in the UFC before and lost to matt hughs.
chainsaw Rivera
chainsaw Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:54 pm

karo?? good cardio?? dude is a slob and a joke. youre right, he hasnt been subbed. jake, in my opinion would though. karo's sub training is not at a high level. the guy is actually pretty green to everything but judo. i think a nate diaz style fighter like his partner shields, would be the key to exploiting it. shields puts himself out on the line more than the sub guys who went the distance with karo like serra or even nick diaz.

but yeah, he has weak cardio... burkman, sanchez... two good examples. those are THREE round fights and hes out of it.

and mach lost to matt hughes, i know... so what??? hughes' only losses since the fight which was 2002, were against BJ (which was avenged), GSP, and an overweight alves... whats your point? is matt some chump now? loses to the #1 and #2 guys and he sucks??
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  chainsaw Rivera Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:43 pm

I didnt mean that about matt at all! just because jake beat mach dos not mean he's better then danzig,frank,jens.oh and karo may seem to have weak cardio but thats not tru.Watch his fights again! every singe punch,every single judo thro,he puts every thing into.he will allways try to finish his fights.You are right the burkman/diego IS the perfect example.he went all out in tho fights,win or lose. He go's at a pace not a lot of fighters can deal with and I know jake can not deal with karo.
chainsaw Rivera
chainsaw Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  chainsaw Rivera Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:47 pm

I have a feeling we are going to have a lot of fun Debates in the future lol
chainsaw Rivera
chainsaw Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:24 am

chainsaw Rivera wrote:oh and karo may seem to have weak cardio but thats not tru.Watch his fights again! every singe punch,every single judo thro,he puts every thing into.he will allways try to finish his fights.

7 of his 8 most recent wins ended by decision. he SAYS he finishes fights... i'll give him that, they do finish... at the end of the 3rd round! (unless of course, his corner throws in the towel while he is getting pummeled by sherk.)

karo does his fighting with his mouth. he doesnt train hard and the sport has passed him by. he is not a true mixed martial artist.

i HATE him.

hehe

and yes, we will have good debating on here as long as i have access to internet.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down