The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does BJ Penn Really Deserve A Welterweight Title Shot??

4 posters

Go down

Does BJ Penn Really Deserve A Welterweight Title Shot?? Empty Does BJ Penn Really Deserve A Welterweight Title Shot??

Post  The Cody Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:34 am

Hey whats up fellow TLOS fans, i am The Cody you might of heard me mentioned a few times on the show this is my first visit to the forums and my first topic.

Now i know most of you are BJ Penn fans, i am as well but you got to take a step back and look at it does he really deserve a shot at the welterweight title? If you take out his first fight with Jens Pulver, all of his losses in the UFC is at welterweight Georges St.Pierre and Matt Hughes, but now all of sudden he beats Jens Pulver who isnt the same Pulver he used to be, he defeated Joe Stevenson who is clearly not in his league and he defeats Sean Sherk who tried to be a striker against him and all of sudden he should get a welterweight title shot? Come on guys, i think he should of fought someone like Josh Koscheck or have a rubber match with Matt Hughes or some top welterweight fighter and then if he defeated them he should get his rematch but to just demand it and get it, The JDH talks about Mike Swick being a kiss butt well i see one of two things here BJ Penn is the kiss butt or Dana White is either way in my personal opinion BJ Penn shouldnt get a title shot without earning it. But for the record i cant wait to see the fight because it didnt go the way i wanted last time and i know it will be ten times better this time, but if BJ loses i think that would of just proved my point. Let me know what you guys think.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Does BJ Penn Really Deserve A Welterweight Title Shot?? Empty Re: Does BJ Penn Really Deserve A Welterweight Title Shot??

Post  DFDmike Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:48 am

The Cody wrote:
Now i know most of you are BJ Penn fans

you must not have browsed these forums before! ha.

actually, it's nothing i thought of for 2 reasons:

1. he deserved the LW shot a LOT less. he was 2-3 out of his last 5 going into that title fight.
2. his last fight with GSP was extremely close, a split decision that could've gone either way.

hate to say i don't agree with you because i hate penn, but i just don't really think much of it, just look at randy's gifted HW shot.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Does BJ Penn Really Deserve A Welterweight Title Shot?? Empty Re: Does BJ Penn Really Deserve A Welterweight Title Shot??

Post  Mortis Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:48 pm

The Cody wrote:

Now i know most of you are BJ Penn fans

I'm going to have to laugh at this, too, hehe.

First off, welcome to the forums, Cody! Great to have you here!

Does BJ Penn deserve a welterweight title shot? Of course not. But they're going to give it to him because he's BJ Penn. I'm not a fan of his, and think he's overrated. We've even talked about his welterweight losses in another post, before.

The reason why the UFC booked this fight is because:

1) GSP and BJ Penn are both big names and even though they fought once before, a 2nd fight will be a big draw.
2) He's BJ Penn, and the UFC will cater to him, and he got greedy and wanted the welterweight belt, too.

If by the off chance he does beat GSP and get the welterweight title.. what's next? The middleweight title? He'll probably try to get it.. but it won't happen while Anderson Silva's there.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  chainsaw Rivera Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:23 pm

Bj penn and chuck always get what they want.
chainsaw Rivera
chainsaw Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  The Cody Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Wow, to be honest i thought i was the only one that thought he didnt deserve it but i guess everyone else feels that way to. I mean i know they are both big names and it would be a great fight to watch but come on now, what about Georges St.Pierre vs Anderson Silva in a catchweight fight i mean that would draw a crowd as well i bet it would get more pay per view buys the UFC 91: Couture vs Lesnar, and as much as i hate Kenny "Usain Bolt Wannabe" Florian but he has earned a title shot but you are making him wait months for it because the lightweight champion is fighting for another title outside his weight class, which i think is bogus. Dana White is just a monkey fart he is just putting together fights that dont make sense. And thanks for the welcome Mortis The Virus
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down