The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 10 Heavyweight MMA fighters

+2
Jennifer
Mortis
6 posters

Go down

Top 10 Heavyweight MMA fighters Empty Top 10 Heavyweight MMA fighters

Post  Mortis Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:26 pm

Since TLOS already did the Heavyweights before we made the message board, I'll go ahead and post a topic for it, now.

Who are you Top 10 Heavyweights?

1) Fedor Emelianenko
2) Antonio Rodrigo Noguera
3) Josh Barnett
4) Randy Couture
5) Andrei Arlovski
6) Fabricio Werdum
7) Antonio Silva
8 ) Frank Mir
9) Aleksander Emelianenko
10) Sergei Kharitonov
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Heavyweight MMA fighters Empty Re: Top 10 Heavyweight MMA fighters

Post  Jennifer Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:45 am

I am happy to see that Brock is not on that list.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:04 am

I would break a steal folding chair over the backs of any fools who DARE put him on a top ten list without him beating somebody of a higher status...
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:13 pm

I_Love_MMA wrote:I am happy to see that Brock is not on that list.

lol.. definitely not. He hasn't even had enough fights to be considered on the top list, yet. He beat Heath Herring.. yeah, so what?

We'll see how he fairs in this mini-heavyweight tournament.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:35 pm

I had never see fedor fight before. So when you guys mentioned him I youtubed all his fights. At first I was like, "why does everyone like this pudgy lil guy?" He really didn't seem like a real fighter from looking at him. Wow, though. I was impressed. He shocked me. I would love to see him more. I guess its because he isn't in the UFC that I haven't seen him.

I haven't seen Noguera fight either. I am looking forward to it.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:11 pm

I don't think anyone else in the MMA world could take a super suplex slam by Kevin Randleman, land on his head, not even be phased by it, and go straight into a kimura, except for Fedor.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:13 am

Mortis wrote:I don't think anyone else in the MMA world could take a super suplex slam by Kevin Randleman, land on his head, not even be phased by it, and go straight into a kimura, except for Fedor.

I have never heard that worded better...My jaw drops every time I watch had the bad assedness of that clip.
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:12 am

I think Brock is about to be put on a pedestal that he doesn't deserve to be on and Randy is just the guy to knock him off. I keep waiting for him to try to F-5 one of his opponents.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:22 am

I do admire Brok for going to the UFC though....the guy could have just stayed in wrestling till he was 90 like the rest of them washed up roided out freaks. Instead he actually has opened himself up for scrutiny, criticism and a non-WWE style ass kicking. I admire him for that.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:59 pm

I see what you are saying and I really don't want to say anything that might offend one of his fans but I get the impression that alot of this is a popularity contest for him. I think that his ego is as big as the rest of him. Look at his response in the octagon after his win over Herring. He didn't seem like a man that was stoked about the win. It was like he was waiting for everyone to bow before him and say "we're not worthy".
Just one girls opinion!
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:30 pm

you guys act like brock doesnt have any real credentials. he is physically the biggest and strongest HW. he has just as good of REAL wrestling credentials as mark coleman and mark kerr but with what seems to be, better stand up. look what heath (when heath was more out of shape and weaker) did to kerr in his prime.

i will put anything in my avatar or signature if randy outwrestles brock. subbing him or ko'ing him is one thing, but no way in hell does randy sprawl consistantly, take down, or even sweep brock. anyone who wants to sig or avatar bet, let me know.

keep in mind, frank mir's submission game is FAR better than randy's and he outweighs randy by 30 pounds... things don't look good for couture unfortunately... everyone says herring is B level but anyone who watched him out muscle kongo knows the guy is powerful dude and has never been rag-dolled before.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:12 pm

No, that's not it at all. I know he has real credentials... they just stuck him at the top of the ladder with a inexperienced 2-1 (1-1 in the UFC) record. That's why we are saying he's overrated.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:55 pm

I don't doubt that he as reals skills. I am just saying that he used those skills to "fight" in the WWE, that makes him pretty crappy in the eyes of alot of people. I am actually eager and glad he is here and fighting.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:59 pm

I definately agree with the fact that he hasn't earned anything yet. One win and one loss and now a title shot. What the hell is that about? He seriously strikes me as an up and coming Tito Ortiz.......and in my opinion that's not a good thing. All I am really saying he should have to fight his way up the ladder like everyone else. His size and the fact that he was olympic wrestler does give him the credibility that he is being given in the UFC or with MMA in general. Again, just my opinion so please don't hate on me for it. LOL
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  AOk918 Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:44 pm

Jennifer wrote:I keep waiting for him to try to F-5 one of his opponents.

LMAO!
I think Brock will be on top for awhile.. I don't really care for the guy's "ego" or "above everyone one else attitude". If you sit and think about it for a second who will legitimately beat him? Rather then him getting caught, i.e Frank Mir... He beat Randy, Fedor is out of the question, Gonzagas' performance at UFC 91 was great when he KO'd Josh Hendricks in 61 seconds but some one tell me who he is?(lol, not really) Nog or Mir? I don't think Frank could get Lesnar to make that same mistake twice. Nog, I don't think he'd be able to handle the size of Brock like he did the much slower Tim Silvia when Nog sub'd him in the 3rd at 81. (Not comparing Silvia an Lesnar).
In my opinion and obviously plenty others Dana wants Brock as the new face of the UFC, for obvious reasons. He is a huge draw, for both people who know the sport of MMA or maybe just that crazy hill billy guy who wants to see that "big ol son b***h" fight.. I don't know, what do you folks think?
AOk918
AOk918

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:43 pm

I think you called it just right with Dana wanting Brock to be the UFC poster boy. I don't agree with that but that's the way it goes I guess. Brock is just not worthy of being the champ yet. To clarify that statement, I know he beat Randy so he technically he is the champ but I don't think he should have gotten that shot after 1 loss and ONLY 1 win in the UFC. Whatever happened to having to fight your way to the number one contender status? That went right out the window for Brock. But that's ok.......I don't think he will have it for too long. I have faith that Nog or Mir could take it away from him. I honestly thing Gonzaga could do the same. Brock has so much to learn and, in my opinion, isn't ready to hold a title.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  AOk918 Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:05 pm

I don't agree with it either Jen. I hope to see Brock humbled, I really do. I just cant see him falling off and that is why I think Dana wants to have Lesnar as the "poster boy" for the company.. Then again, what would you do? Think about it...... You acquire a very well known athlete, you have to build that up. Putting him as far up as they did, I do not think that was a good move by the UFC; ala Kimbo Slice
AOk918
AOk918

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:40 pm

I know what you are saying and I know it always comes right down to the almighty dollar. There is a lot of ignorance out there when it comes to this sport and a lot of people only see his size. Of course, the UFC is going to use that to their advantage. Whatever sells, right? I am sure most people in their position would do the same but I can't say that I like it.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:59 am

Jennifer wrote:I think you called it just right with Dana wanting Brock to be the UFC poster boy. I don't agree with that but that's the way it goes I guess. Brock is just not worthy of being the champ yet. To clarify that statement, I know he beat Randy so he technically he is the champ but I don't think he should have gotten that shot after 1 loss and ONLY 1 win in the UFC. Whatever happened to having to fight your way to the number one contender status? That went right out the window for Brock. But that's ok.......I don't think he will have it for too long. I have faith that Nog or Mir could take it away from him. I honestly thing Gonzaga could do the same. Brock has so much to learn and, in my opinion, isn't ready to hold a title.

look, i dont like lesnar and i LOVE nog. but you guys keep forgetting something... in order for brock to be submitted... the fight needs to go to the ground. please tell me how mir OR nog are going to make that happen. i guarantee brock is primarily working stand up and submission defense. he has improved his stand up tremendously since his first two fights... it will only get better. he really outstruck randy who is a pretty good boxer. he has KO power as you saw in dropping both lesnar and couture with one punch. so now, the brock that beat randy will have probably 4-6 months to get better at striking. the guy hasnt even learned to kick yet... just wait. i dont like him... but you are ALL overlooking him and just assuming these big names will beat him. brock lesnar is the REASON guys under 245 should try to cut to LHW.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  AOk918 Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:59 am

DFDmike wrote:but you are ALL overlooking him and just assuming these big names will beat him. brock lesnar is the REASON guys under 245 should try to cut to LHW.

I do not doubt Brock at all. I'm with you on this one, Brock is a Beast. Plain and simple...
Like you said, " just wait ".. Neither Mir or Nog would have to take it to the ground if they're hit in the mouth and fall... See where I'm goin? Lesnar will be Champ for a long time in my opinion..
AOk918
AOk918

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down