The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can "The Outlaw" stand-up to a "Hand grenade"?- That ones for you Chris

3 posters

Go down

Can "The Outlaw" stand-up to a "Hand grenade"?- That ones for you Chris Empty Can "The Outlaw" stand-up to a "Hand grenade"?- That ones for you Chris

Post  Emericanaddict Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Dan Hardy and Marcus Davis two very talented Welterweights both coming off big wins (Hardy over Marckham at UFC 95 and Davis over Lytle at UFC 93) are gearing up for a match that Davis speculates may take place at UFC 99 in Germany.

Dan hardy was recently quoted calling out Davis and dismissing his herritage by saying flat out "He's not really Irish" Way to piss off a guy who has ten times the experience than you and even more tools to put you away with right?

Well Davis seems to think so as he has agreed verbally with one of Hardy's managers to exept the fight. Davis said "I believe I will pound his (Dan Hardy') Face into dust."

Here is the source from MMAmania.com and the Full article.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://mmamania.com/2009/02/25/marcu-davis-wants-to-pound-dan-hardys-face-into-dust-at-ufc-99/

“All I will say is I told Joe Silva to make this happen for June 13th in Germany — neutral ground for both of us. So it is in Joe Silva’s control. This whole ‘calling me out’ thing started at the Q&A in London when his manager sent up a guy to ask me if I would fight Dan and I said lets do it. I think he is a talented fighter but I also think I will pound his face into dust. Anyone who thinks he’s more technical then me — you are allowed to your opinion even though it is wrong. I fight each fight differently because YOU HAVE TO. This fight wont look like the others just as the others don’t look like the ones before them.”

Marcus Davis is not backing down from a challenge that Dan Hardy issued following a knockout win over Rory Markham at UFC 95: “Sanchez vs. Stevenson” this past weekend. “The Outlaw” mentioned wanting to fight “The Irish Hand Grenade” numerous times in his post-fight interviews. It seems as though his rhetoric may have worked — Davis told UFC matchmaker Joe Silva to set it up for UFC 99 at the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany, on June 13. Sounds like a plan. A good one.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts and Oppinions anyone? Personally I see no way Hardy can win. Marcus is a war hardened veteran of the sport with superb stand up and a fantastic round game. The thecnicality of Davis's stand up is something has Never faced before and Marcus's tight stiff jabs will keep him at bay all night if you ask me.

Though judging by his statements he may just take this fight to the ground and work for the sub. Who knows for sure but i can say this. I met Dan Hardy at UFC 89 along with Terry Etim and im very dissapointed in the guy after this statement. im very Irish myself and quite offended. I still like him he's a nice guy and everything but if your looking to hype a fight lets not go the Tito Ortiz route please Dan.

Last edited by Emericanaddict on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thought id make it in the patented Chris Fries Teaser Format hehehe.)
Emericanaddict
Emericanaddict

http://www.mmafightspace.com/Emericanaddict

Back to top Go down

Can "The Outlaw" stand-up to a "Hand grenade"?- That ones for you Chris Empty Re: Can "The Outlaw" stand-up to a "Hand grenade"?- That ones for you Chris

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:19 pm

Should be a good fight, I'll be rooting for The Irish Hand Grenade all the way!

I mean don't get me wrong, I like Dan Hardy and think he's a pretty talented up and coming fighter but I just think Marcus Davis would smash him.

As far as the Irish comment goes, that was kind of a dick thing to say but he is right. Marcus was not born in Ireland, but still he's very proud of his heritage (just as I am proud of my Italian and Irish heritage myself).

This would be a really good fight though!
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Can "The Outlaw" stand-up to a "Hand grenade"?- That ones for you Chris Empty Re: Can "The Outlaw" stand-up to a "Hand grenade"?- That ones for you Chris

Post  Mortis Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:56 am

One of the best ways to piss off an irishman is saying he has no Irish blood.

I do like Dan Hardy, and I think he can become a great fighter in the UFC..... but come on.. don't be a dick.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down