The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighters are being cut from UFC for not signing video game agreement

5 posters

Go down

Fighters are being cut from UFC for not signing video game agreement Empty Fighters are being cut from UFC for not signing video game agreement

Post  DRMMA618 Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:50 am

So far there is an article on mmamania.com & bloodyelbow.com. Pretty much summary: "sign video game agreement or we will cut you."

I'll be researching more on this for TLOS podcast.

DRMMA618

Back to top Go down

Fighters are being cut from UFC for not signing video game agreement Empty Re: Fighters are being cut from UFC for not signing video game agreement

Post  DRMMA618 Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:16 am

more fighters are going to be cut, if they don't sign the video game agreement.

DRMMA618

Back to top Go down

Fighters are being cut from UFC for not signing video game agreement Empty Re: Fighters are being cut from UFC for not signing video game agreement

Post  DFDmike Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:32 am

john fitch
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:45 am

Fitch and who else?
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:24 pm

Looks like there's a little more to the story.

LINK

Heavyweight up-and-comer Cain Velasquez and established welterweight Josh Koscheck could be the next UFC fighters to be cut by the UFC for refusing to sign a lifetime video game agreement with the promotion.

Jon Fitch and Christian Wellisch were both cut on Wednesday for refusing to sign the contract and, according to Yahoo Sports, the UFC is no longer willing to work with American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) or fighters represented by DeWayne Zinkin and Bob Cook.

Both Velasquez and Koscheck, along with Fitch and Wellisch, train out of AKA and are also poised to decline the agreement and face an immediate termination of their contract. Welterweight Mike Swick, who also trains at AKA, has contacted the UFC and confirmed his intention to continue to fight for the promotion.

“We’re looking for guys who want to work with us and not against us, and frankly I’m just so [expletive] sick of this [expletive] it’s not even funny,” said UFC President Dana White to Yahoo! Sports. “Affliction is still out there trying to build its company. Let [Fitch] go work with them. Let him see what he thinks of those [expletives]. [Expletive] him. These guys aren’t partners with us. [Expletive] them. All of them, every last [expletive] one of them.”

According to the report, Fitch’s issue with the agreement was not a matter of money, but was instead with the contract’s lifetime term and that it would “not pay his family in the event of his death”, though Fitch indicated he is willing to work with the UFC in reaching a compromise.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  AOk918 Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:54 pm

[Expletive][Expletive][Expletive] .. My gosh Dana!
But to anyone who has played Video Games... Was Micheal Jordan in many basketball games? Barry Bonds in baseball games? Etc. I don't think that's right at all.. Maybe while they're under contract but, only at their consent...
Wouldn't you think?
Damn Dana!!
AOk918
AOk918

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:16 pm

I think it all depends on the contract.. there could be even more to the contract... "lifetime video game agreement"... obviously, that means they can put the fighters in any UFC game they want, even if they are no longer with the UFC. The fighters could be looking out for theirselves in the long run. What happens if they are no longer fighting for the UFC, and end up getting signed with Affliction or Strikeforce or something, and they end up making a video game? Does that mean that a player who has signed the video game contract with the UFC wouldn't be able to be in another MMA organization's video game?

Alright.. don't get me wrong. I love the UFC. It has some of the best fighters and puts on some great shows and awesome fights! But.. it's sounding like Dana and the rest of the UFC leaders are running the UFC like the Nazis ran Germany circa 1939 (ie. If you don't like it, we're going to punish you.. you must obey everything about the UFC or suffer the consequences).... okay, that is a bit harsh.......

I guess a better analysis would be that Dana is running the UFC like the mafia. The UFC is a family, if you don't like what the family does, then suffer the consequences. They have their own turf and eliminate anyone (*cough* Pride *cough*) who comes close to threatening their domination.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:35 am

I just caught the latest edition of Inside MMA and Jon Fitch has resigned his original contract with the UFC.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down