The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which fighters do you dislike?

+4
Mitch Ciccarelli
Blue
Jennifer
Alex
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which fighters do you dislike? Empty Which fighters do you dislike?

Post  Alex Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:09 am

So I was thinking on how Chris and the JDH never really "hate" on a fighter. (Except Ken Shamrock.) They seem to play the objective card most of the time. But I know there are fighters I really dislike and won't root for, so I got to thinking how most everyone talks about their favorite fighters but not their "hated" ones.

My list is below of fighters I dislike and/or have never rooted for one reason or another. But before people get all bent out of shape, it doesn't mean I wish any of these guys any real ill will or doesn't mean my feeling won't change someday.

Brock Lesnar, Josh Koshcheck, Houston Alexander, Phil Baroni, Rampage Jackson (yes, Ramapage), Karo Parisyan, Manny Gamburyan, Diego Sanchez, Tyson Griffin, Urijah Faber, Gray Maynard, Kendall Grove and Brandon Vera. And a special place note for BJ Penn. Which sucks because I was a huge fan of this guy and his abilities. But after grease-gate and all his whining I just think he's surrounded by "yes-men" and can't accept a loss to a superior athlete. Which is going to make his fight against Kenny Florian difficult because I'm no fan of Ken-Flo's either.

Again, doesn't mean I don't respect their abilities or think they suck. I just don't like something about them.
Alex
Alex

http://www.myspace.com/alexrv1

Back to top Go down

Which fighters do you dislike? Empty Re: Which fighters do you dislike?

Post  Jennifer Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:01 am

I get what you are saying. There are a few fighters I don't care for and a few I just cannot stand.
I cannot stand Brock Lenar, BJ Penn or Tito Ortiz. And it's not because I think they suck necessarily, I just cannot stand their dispositions. In fact, they all have something in common. If they win, you never hear the end of it, if they lose, you never hear the end of it. All 3 are crying little bitches in my opinion. Don't hate on me (cough Mike cough), LOL.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:22 am

Here's my hate list:

Anyone named shamrock
Tito
Matt "Buster Douglas" Serra
Matt Hughes
Jardine

hmmm I can't think of any more at this moment

I like and hate people because of their attitudes. I know not a whole lot of people like Forrest but I love his attitude. I used to like Serra alot before he became champ and I liked Hughes alot when he was champ.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:54 am

Blue wrote:Here's my hate list:

Anyone named shamrock
Tito
Matt "Buster Douglas" Serra
Matt Hughes
Jardine

hmmm I can't think of any more at this moment

I like and hate people because of their attitudes. I know not a whole lot of people like Forrest but I love his attitude. I used to like Serra alot before he became champ and I liked Hughes alot when he was champ.

Ah hell nah mutha fucca it's on now!!! Razz

I'm a huge Serra fan, but I respect your opinion I guess.

I don't really dislike very many fighters. Even the ones I don't really like, I still respect and sometimes find myself rooting for them at least once or twice.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:50 am

DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  GOOCH Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:48 pm

Guys who i always root for to get their asses beat are:

Chuck Liddell
Roger Huerta
Matt Hughes
Sean Sherk
Frank Mir
Urijah Faber
Brock Lesnar
Forrest Griffin
Ed Herman
Kendall Grove
Stephen Bonner
Rich Franklin
Jorge Gurgel
Josh Koscheck
Chris Leben
Mike Swick
Jon Fitch
JUNIE BROWNING
Marcus Davis
Diego Sanchez
Nate Diaz
but the biggest piece of shit that isn't a fighter is Dana White

yeah, i'm pretty much a hater Twisted Evil

oh and I think Bruce Buffer is an asshat as well.

GOOCH

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:31 am

ROFL! Gooch is a HHAAAAAAAAAAAATER!

haha wow.

oh ya...and Matt Serra.....I appreciate you not getting all over me about him. I liked him in the come back TUF. He was so cool and so helpful. He was even humble enough to totally help and encourage Shonee, who knocked HIM THE F**** OUT. I really liked him then. But he was such a jerk and so foul mouthed and mean when he was a coach and when he was champion. It really mad me hate his guts.

I started rooting against and him calling him "Buster Douglas of MMA" not because I thought he would lose it right away and never come back....but because I hoped he would. lol
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:39 pm

Blue wrote:ROFL! Gooch is a HHAAAAAAAAAAAATER!

haha wow.

oh ya...and Matt Serra.....I appreciate you not getting all over me about him. I liked him in the come back TUF. He was so cool and so helpful. He was even humble enough to totally help and encourage Shonee, who knocked HIM THE F**** OUT. I really liked him then. But he was such a jerk and so foul mouthed and mean when he was a coach and when he was champion. It really mad me hate his guts.

I started rooting against and him calling him "Buster Douglas of MMA" not because I thought he would lose it right away and never come back....but because I hoped he would. lol

He was only a dick to people who were being dicks to him in the first place.

GSP started making excuses and saying how he took Serra lightly, I don't blame Serra for getting pissed at that.

And Hughes was just being his usual prick/dryhumor self, and of course he rubbed Serra the wrong way.

Matt Serra is a really really nice guy, but if you do something to piss him off then he will let you know about it. It's why I like him so much b/c he's real and tells it like it is and doesn't take crap from anyone.

He's also a pretty funny guy too.

But that's just my opinion though. Razz
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinigami Girl Wed May 06, 2009 6:49 am

The one fighter I despise, loath, detest, dislike, hate with a passion is...
[b]RASHAD EVANS
I can't wait to see Machida woop his dumb ass!
tongue
Shinigami Girl
Shinigami Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Wed May 06, 2009 3:25 pm

Shinigami Girl wrote:The one fighter I despise, loath, detest, dislike, hate with a passion is...
[b]RASHAD EVANS
tongue

Yeah that alone will be worth all the money I have spent on past PPV's.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Wed May 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Shinigami Girl wrote:The one fighter I despise, loath, detest, dislike, hate with a passion is...
[b]RASHAD EVANS
tongue

I was never a Rashad fan to begin with... I wanted Brad Imes to mop the floor with him during the ultimate fighter 2 finale. But.. he has improved since then, and has been looking better. I still wouldn't call myself a fan of his, but he's gained my respect at least.

I do really want to see Machida tear Rashad up. Machida is up there in my favorite fighters list.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinigami Girl Thu May 07, 2009 3:39 am

Mortis wrote:
[b]RASHAD EVANS
tongue

I was never a Rashad fan to begin with... I wanted Brad Imes to mop the floor with him during the ultimate fighter 2 finale. But.. he has improved since then, and has been looking better. I still wouldn't call myself a fan of his, but he's gained my respect at least.

I do really want to see Machida tear Rashad up. Machida is up there in my favorite fighters list.

I agree with you that he has improved...but I think he still hasn't proven himself as a pound 4 pound LHW. His last couple of fights were won by sheer luck on his part. His past wins have all been through decision. I know that being KOd is a risk that every fighter takes when he steps in the ring, but it was just a fluke that he got those wins. I feel he shouldn't even have been a contender for the title. He was at the time an unimpressive fighter who never finished a fight. Now he's a cocky MF! I can't wait for Machida to kick his ass. It's about time Machida got a shot at the belt. I bet Evan will get injured too and not be able to fight...I'm not holding my breath, LOL Like a Star @ heaven
Shinigami Girl
Shinigami Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Thu May 07, 2009 2:50 pm

Shinigami Girl wrote:
Mortis wrote:
[b]RASHAD EVANS
tongue

I agree with you that he has improved...but I think he still hasn't proven himself as a pound 4 pound LHW. His last couple of fights were won by sheer luck on his part. His past wins have all been through decision. I know that being KOd is a risk that every fighter takes when he steps in the ring, but it was just a fluke that he got those wins. I feel he shouldn't even have been a contender for the title. He was at the time an unimpressive fighter who never finished a fight. Now he's a cocky MF! I can't wait for Machida to kick his ass. It's about time Machida got a shot at the belt. I bet Evan will get injured too and not be able to fight...I'm not holding my breath, LOL Like a Star @ heaven

1. P4P LHW? what does that even mean?? you mean number 1 LHW??
2. his last fights were not sheer luck. he is a tactical counter-striker. he felt his opponents out and capitalized. he would beat forrest 99% of the time and chuck 90%.
3. his past wins have all been decisions? you are ridiculously wrong... 5 KOs, 2 submissions. he finished his opponents 4 out of his last five wins.
4. not be a contender?? he has never lost a fight! he beat some big name guys. he gave bisping his only loss. he brutally knocked out chuck. he won 8 UFC fights before getting a title shot.
5. i love machida. he is my favorite fighter, but all this rashad bashing is pitiful. rashad is the most threatening to machida at LHW. i just wish rashad could've fought rampage. i PROMISE if those two fight, no way does rampage win. rashad would destroy him for sure. better striking, better wrestling, better fighter period.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Thu May 07, 2009 6:22 pm

DFDmike wrote:
Shinigami Girl wrote:
Mortis wrote:
[b]RASHAD EVANS
tongue

2. his last fights were not sheer luck. he is a tactical counter-striker. he felt his opponents out and capitalized. he would beat forrest 99% of the time and chuck 90%.
3. his past wins have all been decisions? you are ridiculously wrong... 5 KOs, 2 submissions. he finished his opponents 4 out of his last five wins.
4. not be a contender?? he has never lost a fight! he beat some big name guys. he gave bisping his only loss. he brutally knocked out chuck. he won 8 UFC fights before getting a title shot.
5. i love machida. he is my favorite fighter, but all this rashad bashing is pitiful. rashad is the most threatening to machida at LHW. i just wish rashad could've fought rampage. i PROMISE if those two fight, no way does rampage win. rashad would destroy him for sure. better striking, better wrestling, better fighter period.

Agreed.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Thu May 07, 2009 7:53 pm

For the record, I AM one of the ones that wants to see him KTFO'ed by Machida but I wasn't bashing him or his skills. I just don't care for him but he is a hell of a fighter and has come along way since TUF. I won't deny that. Just wanted to be clear on my take on this subject.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Thu May 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Jennifer wrote:For the record, I AM one of the ones that wants to see him KTFO'ed by Machida but I wasn't bashing him or his skills. I just don't care for him but he is a hell of a fighter and has come along way since TUF. I won't deny that. Just wanted to be clear on my take on this subject.

For the record, I wasn't bashing Rashad either. He is a great fighter, and reminds me of a young quicker Chuck Liddell. I was just never a big fan of his. Something about him just doesn't sit right with me.

Also, though I know this doesn't need to be mentioned here. But I'm not a fan of Dan Henderson, either, haha.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Thu May 07, 2009 11:14 pm

Where's Mike? I am sure he has something to say here, LOL!
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Fri May 08, 2009 2:11 am

Jennifer wrote:Where's Mike? I am sure he has something to say here, LOL!

eh, i don't hate many fighters... but there is this one amateur guy who thinks he's hot shit, jason "the virus" lee, and well, i'm not to keen on him right now. Laughing

ok, but for real,
bj, tim sylvia, karo... there are more, but they all make me angry. i don't like chuck at all.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Fri May 08, 2009 7:51 pm

new nickname for Sylvia should be "dee dee deeeeeeeeee" :p
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sat May 09, 2009 3:55 am

DFDmike wrote:

eh, i don't hate many fighters... but there is this one amateur guy who thinks he's hot shit, jason "the virus" lee, and well, i'm not to keen on him right now. Laughing

ok, but for real,
bj, tim sylvia, karo... there are more, but they all make me angry. i don't like chuck at all.

I don't necessarily dislike Tim Sylvia but I don't think he is all that special either. Can't stand BJ. Maybe somebody should give him a BJ so he'll lighten up. Man that guy is such a dick.

Last edited by Jennifer on Sun May 10, 2009 2:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Sat May 09, 2009 8:36 pm

DFDmike wrote:

That dude's an ass anyways.. I've met him before. Very Happy
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinigami Girl Tue May 12, 2009 6:10 pm

Jennifer wrote:For the record, I AM one of the ones that wants to see him KTFO'ed by Machida but I wasn't bashing him or his skills. I just don't care for him but he is a hell of a fighter and has come along way since TUF. I won't deny that. Just wanted to be clear on my take on this subject.

I AGREE!!!
Shinigami Girl
Shinigami Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinigami Girl Tue May 12, 2009 6:14 pm

DFDmike wrote:
Shinigami Girl wrote:
Mortis wrote:
[b]RASHAD EVANS
tongue

OKAY I RESPECT THAT YOU'RE A RASHAD FAN...BUT YOU ARE WRONG WHEN YOU SAY THAT RASHAD IS THE MOST THREATHENING TO MACHIDA, AND I HIGHLY DOUBT RAMPAGE WILL LOOSE...
Shinigami Girl
Shinigami Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Tue May 12, 2009 8:13 pm

Regardless of the result of the Machida/Rashad fight, I think Rampage vs. Rashad should be the next fight for them two.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Tue May 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Shinigami Girl wrote:
DFDmike wrote:
Shinigami Girl wrote:
Mortis wrote:
[b]RASHAD EVANS
tongue

OKAY I RESPECT THAT YOU'RE A RASHAD FAN...BUT YOU ARE WRONG WHEN YOU SAY THAT RASHAD IS THE MOST THREATHENING TO MACHIDA, AND I HIGHLY DOUBT RAMPAGE WILL LOOSE...

lol, my opinion may be wrong, but your FACTS were wrong. but, i didn't see a response to all of those corrections, did i? Smile
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next