The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strikeforce aquires Proelite and gets a new TV deal

+3
The Cody
Mitch Ciccarelli
paradise stolen
7 posters

Go down

Strikeforce aquires Proelite and gets a new TV deal Empty Strikeforce aquires Proelite and gets a new TV deal

Post  paradise stolen Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:26 am

Today Strikeforce made it official and purchased Proelite! They also aquired around a third of the fighters undercontract with Proelite. Along with the purchase Strikeforce has a deal with CBS/Showtime and there is an agreement to air multiple fightcards starting in April. This is huge! Strikeforce is now a legitimate threat to the UFC.
paradise stolen
paradise stolen

http://www.myspace.com/mmadisciple

Back to top Go down

Strikeforce aquires Proelite and gets a new TV deal Empty Re: Strikeforce aquires Proelite and gets a new TV deal

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:20 am

Strikeforce is a good promotion, a smart promotion as well.

I'm happy they will get the deal with CBS.

Looking forward to the first show.

Though I still really want Shields to go to the UFC.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Strikeforce aquires Proelite and gets a new TV deal Empty Re: Strikeforce aquires Proelite and gets a new TV deal

Post  The Cody Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:28 am

Good maybe they can reschedule the Nick Diaz vs Eddie Alvarez fight cause that was a fight that i know i was looking forward to.

But I agree with Mitch I think Jake Shields needs to go to the UFC because that is where the competition at 170 lbs lie.

All in all I am happy because i finally will get to see Nick Diaz (hopefully) fight again because he is one of my favorite fighters along with his brother.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:05 pm

Most definitely man, I really want to see Diaz fight Alvarez... personally I think Alvarez will win that one, but would be a very exciting fight.

Though I have a feeling they will have Frank Shamrock fight Ken Shamrock on one of their cards in 2009 on the main event... which would be fucking stupid tbh. Would much rather see Tito vs. Frank or a rematch with Cung Le.

I don't wanna see Ken Shamrock fight anymore,
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:15 am

Agreed Mitch, I think we've had enough Ken Shamrock.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Cody Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:50 am

Dude straight up Mitch, Ken Shamrock needs to check in to a nursing home and take a damn nap because at this point in his career he can't defeat anyone. Kimbo Slice would of knocked him out easily, if he didnt fall out of his wheelchair and cut his head on his oxygen tank haha. Right now i bet Gina Carano could whoop his ass.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:55 pm

I dunno.. I still wouldn't mind seeing a Shamrock vs. Shamrock match... loser never steps into the cage again... and the winner......... never steps into the cage again, either.

Prediction: Frank Shamrock via foot stomp in the 2nd round.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:51 pm

lmao

I mean Ken says he loves to fight and he said "if I retired, I would be very unhappy", if that's the case... stick to the local shows then if you don't want to give it up... but don't come on my TV screen anymore.

You guys hear they are trying to set up Ken Shamrock vs. Tank Abott? Back in the day, I'd love to see it... but now they are both so washed up (no offense to them, I respect what they have done in the past).

I bet Shamrock tries to stand with Tank and gets knocked out in the first.

Unless Ken can get it to the ground and sub him.

I don't really care either way though, it's just two Mickey Rourkes (on the wrestler) fighting for that one last spotlight.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  The Cody Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:21 pm

Oh yay the first ever Mixed Martial Arts fight in wheelchairs because if they fight the old fashion way one of them is going to slow down after the first 30 seconds in the fight.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:31 pm

i don't mind. it'd be exciting to see the old guys go at it. like yamma (lol) had oleg vs kerr. it's still cool to see. tank vs ken would be fun, and if not, who cares because it's not like i pay to see it. it's not ufc or affliction. i think they should have a card with all washed up guys. severn, ken, tank, royce, then throw on like a coleman vs frye or something not quite as bad. maybe it's just me, but as long as it's not promising up and comer vs. the washed up legend, i don't mind.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:05 pm

Ken Shamrock vs. Tank Abbott -- BY THE NUMBERS!... let's match up some statistics, and they look pretty even.

Tank - turns 44 on July 16
Winner: Tank, the younger man

Overall Record
Ken - 23-13-2
Tank - 9-14
Winner: Ken

Last 10 fights
Ken - 2-8
Tank - 2-8
Winner: DRAW

Last Win
Ken - June 19, 2004 @ UFC 48 vs. Kimo Leopoldo via KO Knee, 1:26 in the 1st round
Tank - May 7, 2005 @ Rumble on the Rock 7 vs. Wesley Correira via KO Punch, 1:23 in the 1st round
Winner: Tank

Strengths/Favorite way to win
Ken - Submission expert, ankle lock
Tank - Heavy handed, still may have that 1-punch KO ability.... maybe.. has not been seen in awhile

Favorite way to lose
Ken - getting knocked down/tripping himself and taking multiple shots to the face until the ref calls it, and then Ken complains about it
Tank - Taking six steps and passing out
Winner: Going to have to give this one to Ken.. hard one, though

Stamina
Ken - fought to a draw in a fight against Royce Gracie for 30 minutes, and is 2-1-2 in fights lasting longer than 20 minutes
Tank - is 1-6 in fights lasting longer than 3 minutes

Well, Ken has the more impressive resume... but what matters is today, not his history, and Ken is in a lot better shape than Tank is in.... I see Ken winning this one either late in the 1st round, or early in the 2nd via submission... probably a choke.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  The Cody Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:07 pm

Dude I share a birthday with Tank?? I never knew that back in the day I think it would of been cool but now it's just sharing a b-day with a man who's name is known but isnt relevant in the world of combat sports.

And great statistics Mortis, looks like you did your homework.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:16 am

The Cody wrote:Dude I share a birthday with Tank?? I never knew that back in the day I think it would of been cool but now it's just sharing a b-day with a man who's name is known but isnt relevant in the world of combat sports.

And great statistics Mortis, looks like you did your homework.

I share a birthday with Randy Couture Very Happy
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  sho89mtx Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:41 am

this could make for some great matchups, I can't wait! Now they actually might have a solid #2 MMA org that's run by someone that even Dana White respects and talks good about
sho89mtx
sho89mtx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down