The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strikeforce

5 posters

Go down

Strikeforce Empty Strikeforce

Post  Blue Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:49 pm

Wow what a piece of crap fight card.

What terrible Commentators.

I HATE Strikeforce. I can't stand hearing those commentators talk. They sound like (and probably are) boxing analysts trying to make sure they keep a job because their isn't enough boxing work. I get so mad every time they open their mouths. I wish they would fire them. I HATE them.

Man did those fights suck. Every single person I wanted to win lost...cept one. So disappointing.

Nick Diaz was the one shiny marble sitting on top of a huge pile of dog crap.

By the way, what the heck happened to Arlovski? It's like he left the UFC and completely forgot how to fight. This guy was a freakin champion. What the heck?

so lame. He should just quit and go home. Go work in a steel factory or something.

Anyway, my uneducated, inarticulate opinion on this stupid card. Thank God for Nick.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Strikeforce Empty Re: Strikeforce

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:31 pm

I'll have to disagree, I thought that was an awesome card.

But to each it's own I guess Razz
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:41 pm

great card. great fights. i was pleased. i called the diaz, shields, rogers victories, missed on the first two fights (but didn't care.)

the talent is very high there. i don't know why people hate on guys like brett rogers when the UFC HW division is stacked with one dimensional fighters. brett would have a good chance against guys like kongo, carwin, and any other striker, and he could ko any grappler. who knows, he might have a good ground game. andrei and sylvia were both awful champions. they have been brutally exposed in other organizations and it will never be good for them. they never got worse... who the hell did either guy beat that means a whole lot??

was anyone else surprised how great phil baroni looked on his back and getting out of positions and how awful his hands looked? he's never had a fight where he didn't let his hands go.

also, nick diaz should fight robbie lawler. i would LOVE to see him out-strike lawler.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:13 am

I did however love the fights tonite on WEC. Very nice. I enjoyed them.

Last edited by Blue on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:15 am

Do you really think Brett is that good? I have seen him before and I really didn't think he is that good. (although I am, admittedly, not as knowledgeable as you guys)
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:26 am

Blue wrote:Do you really think Brett is that good? I have seen him before and I really didn't think he is that good. (although I am, admittedly, not as knowledgeable as you guys)

no. i think the rest of the HWs are that bad.

plus, when you are that big, have a big power punch and chin, you can win a lot of fights without the skill. i just don't get why everyone wants to get on the "why did arlovski get worse?" train. he just fought his best fight ever in fedor. his most credible win is... who?? a 1/3 record with sylvia?? a boring decision win in a striking match with BJJ expert, werdum?? i just don't get it.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:47 pm

Blue wrote:Do you really think Brett is that good? I have seen him before and I really didn't think he is that good. (although I am, admittedly, not as knowledgeable as you guys)

I think it's hard to say.. Brett Rogers is relatively untested until the Arlovski fight.. Brett's a big guy with some heavy power. With his victory over Arlovski, he should get a shot at Overeem.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:51 pm

I thought it was ok (Strikeforce). I called the Shields and Diaz fights perfectly. Thanks to Shields' win my boys are doing dishes for a week (yeah I know I am such a mom, right?) That's what they get for betting against me.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:49 pm

check out my Strikeforce: Aftermatch article that was posted on CNN Sports Illustrated.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/mma/06/08/bleacher.report/index.html
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:32 pm

ya know.....I was just thinking about your comments about Arlovski's opponents.... ya he hasn't really fought anyone, I guess.

The only fights I really remember are Cabbage and Tim.

Who else has he fought?
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:01 am

Blue wrote:ya know.....I was just thinking about your comments about Arlovski's opponents.... ya he hasn't really fought anyone, I guess.

Who else has he fought?

He's fought a few high quality guys.. but I don't remember him ever beating a Top 10 opponent, before, except for Tim Sylvia at the time.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:35 am

Mortis wrote:
Blue wrote:ya know.....I was just thinking about your comments about Arlovski's opponents.... ya he hasn't really fought anyone, I guess.

Who else has he fought?

He's fought a few high quality guys.. but I don't remember him ever beating a Top 10 opponent, before, except for Tim Sylvia at the time.

werdum was his biggest win but it was a stand up battle and werdum is a ground guy. we saw what happens when fabricio fights a REAL stand up guy in dos santos. brutally knocked out. arlovski really won, what i thought was, a close decision.

arlovski and sylvia are b-level at best. bob sapp would beat them both. they are all hype. kimbo slice would ko them.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down