The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSP Controversy In Diego Sanchez Camp???

3 posters

Go down

GSP Controversy In Diego Sanchez Camp??? Empty GSP Controversy In Diego Sanchez Camp???

Post  The Cody Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:39 pm

Hey does anyone know this story I am watching UFC Fight Night Sanchez vs Riggs On SpikeTV and I saw that on the countdown show they said there was GSP controversy in the Diego Sanchez camp. If anyone knows the story post it up man The Cody wants to know whats up.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

GSP Controversy In Diego Sanchez Camp??? Empty Re: GSP Controversy In Diego Sanchez Camp???

Post  Mortis Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:42 pm

GSP came to Diego Sanchez's camp at the time that Diego was itching to fight GSP for the welterweight title. I can understand Diego's frustration in this interview.

http://www.fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/02/09/2102/

Jesse Holland (MMAmania.com): He’s now with Greg Jackson and you’re not. Based on what you’ve said thus far I’ll assume that’s more than just a coincidence?

Diego Sanchez: I have so much respect for the Jackson camp. Keith Jardine, Nate Marquardt, all those guys, they’re still my boys. My loyalty was very strong. But GSP could have gone to any camp he wanted. He knew that place was my home, my dream. That took a little something out of my heart. He’s training in the cage that I bled in, that I sweat in and cried in.

Jesse Holland (MMAmania.com): Did you feel pushed aside when he arrived?

Diego Sanchez: Put yourself there for a minute. You’re an undefeated fighter coming off two of the biggest wins of your career (Parisyan/Riggs). Now they’re bringing in the champion of your weight class to train with your guys? For three months I was telling Greg that my heart wasn’t feeling it. Greg kept telling me “Trust me, trust me, you guys are going to make each other the best” but I kept feeling like their true intentions were to make me go down to 155. I mean most of the Jackson fighters cut a lot of weight and that’s not me. I wasn’t going to do it. I wasn’t bowing down to Georges St. Pierre. I ain’t riding nobody’s coattails. I’m Diego Sanchez and just because I had two decision losses - one while I was sick and one controversial to a top five welterweight - does not mean that I’m gonna give up on my dream, my dream to be welterweight champion. Maybe me and GSP will throw down in Albuquerque somewhere in the future. Dana told me there is going to be a show in Albuquerque. I don’t want to fight him unless it’s for the title. I want him for five rounds.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

GSP Controversy In Diego Sanchez Camp??? Empty Re: GSP Controversy In Diego Sanchez Camp???

Post  The Cody Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:11 pm

Hey thanks Mortis, I never knew that he left the Jackson camp because of GSP?? That is intriguing I thought that Diego traded camps just to expand his skills like many great fighters do, because it seemed like his striking became better when he left you know? Huh that is very interesting thanks again Mortis you learn something knew everyday. Diego Sanchez vs Georges St.Pierre is a fight I have wanted to see for a very very long time I think it should of happened after he defeated Parisyan & Riggs but then The Ultimate Fighter 4 happened and then he got a staff infection and then fought a much bigger fighter. You have to feel bad for Diego, in my opinion he should of had a title shot along time ago.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:44 pm

I think Diego can be a champ at LW.

But at WW... I'm not so sure.

He's good at WW, but I think he can be great at LW.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down