The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Jennifer.. I'm gonna watch Cyborg Soldier :D

4 posters

Go down

Hey Jennifer.. I'm gonna watch Cyborg Soldier :D Empty Hey Jennifer.. I'm gonna watch Cyborg Soldier :D

Post  Mortis Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:57 am

Just got a netflix account.. running on the free trial right now, and saw Cyborg Soldier available to run straight onto the computer, so I'm going to watch it right now.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Hey Jennifer.. I'm gonna watch Cyborg Soldier :D Empty Re: Hey Jennifer.. I'm gonna watch Cyborg Soldier :D

Post  Jennifer Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:22 pm

I liked it. Not all low budget movies suck. LOL, I am curious to see what you think of it. I haven't talked to anyone else who has watched it except for my husband and kids (because I made them) and they seemed to like it too.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Hey Jennifer.. I'm gonna watch Cyborg Soldier :D Empty Re: Hey Jennifer.. I'm gonna watch Cyborg Soldier :D

Post  Mortis Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:23 pm

mmmmmm Tiffany Amber-Thiessan.... I guess she's just going by Tiffany Thiessan now. I had a crush on her when I was a young kid, hehe. Her and Christina Ricci.

Anyways.... I feel asleep somewhere around an hour into the movie, lol.. about 2/3's the way through.. woke up and backtracked. Well, I hope Rich stays in top fighting form for awhile.. I don't thinking acting is his forte'... though, the beginning fight scene was very good.. of course, that's what he does best, lol. His acting was not very good at all, but this was his first movie, and he said in an interview that he wasn't an actor. Though, I'm sure in time he can improve if he goes down that route.

Randy Couture isn't a great actor right now, either... but I'm sure he'll improve as well. I bought The Scorpion King 2 a couple of weeks ago.. not a bad movie, Randy has the potential to be a really good actor, though.... more so than Rich Franklin to be honest.

But to be fair, besides Tiffany Thiessan.. Rich didn't have a great cast to work with.. and the story was pretty bland, and seemed like a watered down version of Universal Soldier.

If you put Rich in a movie as a supporting character, and surround him with good actors, I'm willing to bet he would put on a better performance. It's just too early in his acting career to throw him into a starring role like that.

Ex: Cung Le.... started his acting career a few years on a guest spot on Walker, Texas Ranger. He actually got his ass kicked in a kickboxing tournament, lol (such imagination those television shows have). He's done a few other things, and he's now getting into the big movies... well, bigger movies and roles.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:33 pm

I wanted to wait until I knew you saw it before saying anything about the acting. He was playing a cyborg so of cousre you just say the lines straight and dry with no feeling or emotion. That was kind of the point and based on that I wouldn't say he can't act. I am not saying he's this great up and comer or anything. It was just a weird role. Randy was ok too, nothing oscar-worthy but not totally shitty. TIffany Thiessen is just so Saved By The Bell to me still. LOL
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:40 pm

Hehe.. I knew you would bring up the cyborg thing. But his voice sounded amateurish when he talked. I went into the movie with no bias at all.. I like Rich Franklin, outstanding fighter! Just needs to work on his acting. Even his cyborg was a bit sub-par.... but I can also be a movie snob sometimes.. especially with Action movies, and Horror movies.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:38 pm

LOL I feel that way about horror movies especially. A good one is almost unheard of in my opinion.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:07 pm

Mortis wrote:but I can also be a movie snob sometimes.. especially with Action movies, and Horror movies.

you chose to watch this movie. you are already less of a film snob than i am. Smile
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:27 pm

DFDmike wrote:
Mortis wrote:but I can also be a movie snob sometimes.. especially with Action movies, and Horror movies.

you chose to watch this movie. you are already less of a film snob than i am. Smile

lol.. I like a good cheesy action film now and then.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:16 am

Speaking of cheesy action and bad acting, can anyone say Jean Claude Van Damme?
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:36 pm

Jennifer wrote:Speaking of cheesy action and bad acting, can anyone say Jean Claude Van Damme?

Doesn't change the fact that Bloodsport and Timecop were awesome Very Happy
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:38 am

Hmm Imma go watch that tonite.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:25 am

Bloodsport was cool, I'll give you that one.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down