The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RUMOR: Hughes vs. Serra in March!

+3
Jake Amdahl
DFDmike
Mortis
7 posters

Go down

RUMOR: Hughes vs. Serra in March! Empty RUMOR: Hughes vs. Serra in March!

Post  Mortis Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:27 pm

Alright, so take this with a very small grain of salt.. but... Matt Hughes may be fighting Matt Serra in March.

How did I come to hear about this? Well, I am an avid poker player. I play on Full Tilt Poker.com and am a member of the CardsChat.com community of poker players. An acquintance of mine on the board reported that he talked to Matt Hughes during a game of poker online.

Click here for proof that Matt Hughes plays at Full Tilt

Anyways.. so, this member of CardsChat is also an MMA fan and copy and pasted part of the conversation that was said during Hughes' poker game. He posted the following:

Dealer: cincyreds07 has requested
TIME
IveArrived: matt i have a question are
u there?

Dealer: cincyreds07 wins the pot
($4.75)
Dealer: Hand #8499896419
Matt Hughes: yep
Dealer: OdinsHat has 15 seconds left
to act
IveArrived: are you going to fight matt
serra soon?

Matt Hughes: march maybe
IveArrived: wow awesome, thanks for
answer =)

Dealer: cincyreds07 wins the pot ($68)
Dealer: Hand #8499907986

Now.. like I said, take this as a grain of salt. Hughes did say, "maybe"... and there is a slight chance that the CC member made it up, but I've known him for a few months, and I have never known him to make such a blatant lie like that..... well, except when bluffing during poker, but that doesn't count, hehe.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

RUMOR: Hughes vs. Serra in March! Empty Re: RUMOR: Hughes vs. Serra in March!

Post  DFDmike Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:14 pm

bet the bank on matt. Very Happy

on a serious note, i think serra has it. i really don't like hughes but him talking the way he did after alves beat him made me respect him a little. it had to be hard not to mention that the guy came in like 4 pounds too heavy... i bet at fight time he was at least 10 over hughes. who knows what would've happened when hughes got the takedown if alves was at the weight he was supposed to be. i mean its a pretty legitimate excuse and hughes didn't even take it. buuut, i still don't like him and think serra will beat him where ever, but i see a decision via lots of ground game.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:45 pm

I think that Serra can take him...because I love serra and he can do no wrong in my eyes even when he can be just as big a dick as he accuses hughes of being. He's my guy.
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:46 pm

I'm hoping for a Serra win. I like him more than Hughes.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:32 pm

I despise Matt Serra. I used to love the guy, as I said in another thread. I hope he gets stomped. Maybe I will like him again after his ego has been broke, thrown down, stomped on and spit on. lol

Love Serra....HATE THE EGO.....which at this point the guy is all ego, so I hate the guy.
Blue
Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  GREYFOX Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:18 am

I like Serra, however, I am pretty confident in Hughes getting this win via g'n'p. Had I participated in the recent "Most Overrated Fighter" contest, Matt Serra would have been my pick. I think Serra is helluva good guy. Occasionally his NY attitude and mouth get him in trouble, however, he has got to be the best coach I have ever seen on TUF! He is a natural leader when it comes to mma instruction and the guys around him just automatically listen to him and improve by being around him. With that being said, the GSP win was a fluke if I have ever seen a fluke in the UFC. As was made obvious in the re-match, Serra can't hold a candle to GSP on 99 out of 100 fights, but it just so happens that his opportunity occured on that 1 time. When Serra won that fight, he was immediately boosted into the top of the welterweight rankings, WTF???

Anyway, back to the original story, despite what Hughes might say to the contrary, the Serra v Huges fight is most likely going to be Hughes last professional fight. Win and he leaves in glory, lose and he just admits that the game has past him by. But honestly I see Hughes out wrestling Serra and getting a late 2nd or 3rd round win via ref stoppage for G'n'P.
GREYFOX
GREYFOX

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:00 am

I would actually like to see Matt Hughes take this one. I am not a fan of Serra at all. I didn't care for Hughes until the last few years. Losing knocked him off of that pedestal he was on for way too long so he is much more likable now and I think he is way more skilled then Serra.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:07 am

Matt Hughes is now saying probably April. It's still in talks.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13095/matt-hughes-im-fighting-matt-serra-in-april.mma
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  AOk918 Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:57 pm

I'm sorry to say, I CAN NOT STAND Matt Serra, the guy has skills dont get me wrong. I would never dislike someone for not being as good as someone else at anything.. I just don't like the guy's attitude. I'm not saying I'm a big Matt Hughes fan by any means.. I guess I just wanna see them beat the crap out of each other for 3 rounds, as for picking a winner... I honestly cant. Serra always has that trick up his sleeve and there's not much to say about Hughes he's getting up there in age and that showed with Alves and G.S.P before that. I'm not sure we'll be seeing Hughes much longer after this fight.. I'll leave it at that.
AOk918
AOk918

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down