The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TUF 8 cast member Vinicius Magalhaes leaves Team Quest

2 posters

Go down

TUF 8 cast member Vinicius Magalhaes leaves Team Quest Empty TUF 8 cast member Vinicius Magalhaes leaves Team Quest

Post  DRMMA618 Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:41 pm

it's old news but an update on it as well.

The Ultimate Fighter 8 contestant Vinicius Magalhaes has announced he has left Team Quest in Murrieta, CA. Magalhaes served as a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor at Team Quest prior to being selected as a cast member for the most recent season of the popular reality show.

Fiveouncesofpain.com was able to speak exclusivly with the three time BJJ World Champion (Heavy/Super Heavy/Absolute) about the matter.

“I was assured I would still have my job after I returned from the show…” said Magalhaes “ Upon my return I was never placed back on the schedule.”

The reason why he was removed from his teaching schedule remains a mystery to Magalhaes who knew he had to make some changes.

Faced with an uncertain future Magalhaes, selected Denaro Sports Marketing to handle his management.

“ Vinny is a great up and coming talent, who has a very bright future in the sport of MMA” said Jake Hattan with Denaro Sports.

“ I found management that would look out for me…When I went back to the gym I was told that I could still train there and the percentage they wanted from my earnings, when I told them that I already had management I was given two choices…” said the light heavyweight competitor. “ They told me that I could pay them the percentage and also pay my management, or I could break my contract with my management. I could not do that.”

Magalhaes stated he has nothing but respect for his former team, and remains very close with many of his former training partners, but with a desire to continue teaching and a management contract already in place he is making his move to PRO-AM Mixed Martial Arts training center, a new state of the art 6500 sq. foot training facility where he will once again teach Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

link: http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/09/22/tuf-8-cast-member-vinicius-magalhaes-leaves-team-quest/

Update: Apparently, he was no longer welcomed due to his ego, the same reason why Nate Quarry was asked to leave Team Quest. He also one of the new members of Xtreme Couture now as well.

DRMMA618

Back to top Go down

TUF 8 cast member Vinicius Magalhaes leaves Team Quest Empty Re: TUF 8 cast member Vinicius Magalhaes leaves Team Quest

Post  AOk918 Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:36 pm

His arrogance is very noticeable ... It's one thing for Phil Baroni to act like a "bad ass" lol pun indeed intended.. Vinny has seemed very confident thus far of the show, I'm not sure, he's worth the hype.. In my opinion, of course..
AOk918
AOk918

Back to top Go down