The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Mir vs Brock Lesnar

+3
Mortis
Jennifer
DFDmike
7 posters

Go down

Frank Mir vs Brock Lesnar Empty Frank Mir vs Brock Lesnar

Post  DFDmike Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:32 am

well, it is bound to be on an upcoming card, my guess being 96 or 97.

i know this one will stir up some attention on here due to all the brock hate.

i'm saying it now and sticking to it, brock is going to smash mir. frank is the one acting like a WWE star saying all that smack talk about breaking limbs off and other stuff in all 3 interviews i've seen since the nog fight. brock by face smash. i'd bet the bank on this one.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Frank Mir vs Brock Lesnar Empty Re: Frank Mir vs Brock Lesnar

Post  Jennifer Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:41 am

Face smash, eh? I guess you say that because hammerfisting is all he appears to be capable of. That's assuming he gets side control over Mir so that he has the opening for them. I pick Mir for the win for many reasons but don't forget, Brock was the subject we agreed to disagree about, right? We both have our 2 cents in so I am going to let it go here, LOL.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:39 am

hmmm... were hammerfists from side control what sent heath herring and randy couture flat on their asses?? Wink
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:58 pm

DFDmike wrote:well, it is bound to be on an upcoming card, my guess being 96 or 97.

i know this one will stir up some attention on here due to all the brock hate.

i'm saying it now and sticking to it, brock is going to smash mir. frank is the one acting like a WWE star saying all that smack talk about breaking limbs off and other stuff in all 3 interviews i've seen since the nog fight. brock by face smash. i'd bet the bank on this one.

Well, Mir has broken a few limbs off in his day (Tim Sylvia comes to mind, lol)

Mir is finally looking like he did pre-motorcycle accident, and looks to be in good shape. Though, I think this fight will be closer than the last fight. Brock has gotten smarter and has worked on his technical wrestling even more (which he showed in his fight against Couture). But Mir is a very smart fighter and knows how to take advantage of a fighter's weaknesses and mistakes. If Brock makes one slip up like he did in their first fight, Mir is going to win by another submission. I'm picking Mir in the 2nd round via armbar this time. I don't see Mir choking Brock out.. but there's a good chance he'll grab another joint and make Brock tap.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  chainsaw Rivera Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:07 pm

you said this about nog vs mir to and we saw what happened there!I'll pick brock but who knows maybe mir will shock us again.
chainsaw Rivera
chainsaw Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:38 am

DFDmike wrote:hmmm... were hammerfists from side control what sent heath herring and randy couture flat on their asses?? Wink

Yes they were. Randy and Herring are your only examples? Oh yeah I forgot that's all there is. Haha!!! I agree Brock has improved but I also agree with Mortis about Mir fighting like he used to. He knows Brock's strength and I am sure he has watched his fights since and knows what to expect better than most.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  chainsaw Rivera Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:49 pm

In mir vs nog,nog just stood there and took a beating.Brock won't stand in one spot,he'll take the fight to the ground.
I'm not really sold on mir being back how he used to be.

By the way,not trying to take a win from mir but I heard nog had staph infection.
chainsaw Rivera
chainsaw Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  astrowhiz Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:57 pm

I think too much is made of Lesnar's size. He is incredibly strong and is improving all the time but the beauty of MMA is that this kind of brute strength can be neutralized if the fighter is skilled enough. It's one of the main aims of a BJJ practitioner or Judokan to use your oponents strength against them. I don't think Mir can afford to keep it standing though as strange as it may seem considering the last fight. Lesnar isn't going to stand there like a mannekin with a punch me sign round his neck like Nog did and he's gonna come out aggressive and swinging I reckon and if he connects it's fight over. If Lesnar takes it to ground the advantage is with Mir. I'd pick Mir in a rematch definitely.
astrowhiz
astrowhiz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:20 pm

astrowhiz wrote:I think too much is made of Lesnar's size. He is incredibly strong and is improving all the time but the beauty of MMA is that this kind of brute strength can be neutralized if the fighter is skilled enough. It's one of the main aims of a BJJ practitioner or Judokan to use your oponents strength against them. I don't think Mir can afford to keep it standing though as strange as it may seem considering the last fight. Lesnar isn't going to stand there like a mannekin with a punch me sign round his neck like Nog did and he's gonna come out aggressive and swinging I reckon and if he connects it's fight over. If Lesnar takes it to ground the advantage is with Mir. I'd pick Mir in a rematch definitely.

As I have said before Brock is all brawn and no brain. It takes more than physical strength in the octagon and sorry to say Brock doesn't have much more than that. He's working on it but he's just not there yet. I mean seriously, he could trip and fall on his opponent and likely win because the poor bastard underneath can't get up.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Cody Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:49 pm

What is up with all the Brock Lesnar hate?? I mean i was not a fan of the WWE cause fake combat is just really fruity, but everyone has to realize that Brock Lesnar isnt a WWE "Superstar" (i use the term lightly) anymore he is a UFC fighter, not only that he is the UFC Heavyweight Champion. I mean he didnt defeat push overs, we all know especially us hardcore MMA fans that Heath Herring is a bad dude, i mean beating Cheick Kongo isnt a easy thing and he is a name if you didnt know who Heath Herring is then your not an MMA fan. And regardless of his age Randy Couture is one of the best fighters in the world i mean he beat Tim Sylvia and throttled Gabriel Gonzaga and Brock defeated him. In my opinion he is a legitiment top 10 fighter, now can he beat Fedor thats a a HUGE no but Fedor isnt in the UFC so what does it matter? Brock Lesnar will beat the absolute flying hell out of Frank Mir because Frank Mir and all his "im going to tear off a limb" talk that dude was humping to many monkeys there because he wont be able to do that because Brock Lesnar wont make the same mistake twice i gurantee Brock will walk away with the victory. But its like The JDH said if Brock goes in there and tries to fight Frank like he did Randy Couture then yes he will lose but i dont think he is going to do that because i think Frank Mir is pissing Lesnar off and i think Mir will pay. You are all entitled to your opinion but im calling Brock Lesnar via TKO rd 2!
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  fng Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:12 am

i'm hoping they put it on the 96 card, i'd love to see it live
fng
fng

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:26 am

The Cody wrote:What is up with all the ... rabble rabble rabble... Brock Lesnar via TKO rd 2!

seriously man. these haters will be eating their words!!!

jennifer, you all think he's dumb- all brawn no brain yatta yatta?? it takes more than size when everyone IS your size to do this:
"Lesnar finished his amateur career as a two-time NJCAA All-American, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Conference Champion, and the 2000 NCAA heavyweight champion with a record of 106-5 overall in four years of college."
the guy is a phenomenal athlete who will follow a very good strategy. he has picked up, USING HIS BRAIN, the sport at a phenomenal rate. he is humble, professional, and ready to annihilate frank.

brandon vera = ko
brock lesnar = rip

frank hasn't changed, nog came out like a punching bag, no smooth movement. he just looked like a shell of his old self. frank hasn't accomplished anything.

Frank Mir vs Brock Lesnar 330919kt

brock rd 1 F-5
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  chainsaw Rivera Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:07 pm

If the fight is taken to the ground,I cant see mir putting him in a tryangle choke or arm bar.Brock is to big.All mir has is taking him with a knee bar again and I don't see that happening again!
chainsaw Rivera
chainsaw Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:23 pm

It's no secret I don't like Brock and that I would like to see Mir win again. We all know he is capable so it's not like I am grasping at straws here. I won't even say Brock can't or won't win because, of course, anything is possible but I am sticking to my words when I say he is as dumb as a stump. Have you heard the guy speak? Have you read his interviews? I won't say what I would like to say because I am not looking to offend anyone but you can't change my mind on the guy sorry. It'll be a waste of your time. If I ever decide to eat crow you will be the first to know but don't hold your breath. LMAO
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:39 pm

I'm a big fan of Frank Mir's, and he is a very smart technical fighter. You make one mistake, and he'll capitalize. I'm not saying that Brock can't win (he most definitely can), Brock's just easy and fun to pick on Very Happy.. if Brock were to fight Big Nog, I'd pick Lesnar... but this time around, I'm picking Mir again.

DFDmike wrote:
Frank Mir vs Brock Lesnar 330919kt

You notice the ref is still holding his hand up in victory, potbelly or not Smile That's not what he looks like now.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down