The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Machida Match Ups

2 posters

Go down

Two Machida Match Ups Empty Two Machida Match Ups

Post  DFDmike Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:01 am

Lyoto Machida vs. Rashad Evans
How would this go? Unfortunately, being a big Machida fan, I see Rashad being his biggest 205 threat. I think standing Machida has a clear advantage but Rashad is a strong and controlling fighter and could very well ride out the rounds on the ground and get the unanimous decision. Lyoto is best at capitalizing others' wrong moves. Rashad doesn't really take any risks or anything "wrong move" like. I STILL think Machida would pull it off, maybe sprawl decently and avoid any damage, throw in some sub attempts on the ground, and pick apart Evans on the feet winning him the clear decision. The main reason it worries me is because Machida doesn't cut much weight at all, he weighed in at 203 or 204 for Tito. But... Tito couldn't take Machida down so it's a little more assuring.

Lyoto Machida vs. Anderson Silva
Believe it or not, I would say Machida would have a very good chance beating Anderson Silva. Aside from the fact that they train together, I just see Machida avoiding Anderson's engages and countering well and frustrating Silva, but still only winning a decision. Lyoto knocked out Franklin just as bad as Anderson and he also decision won over BJ and handed Stephan Bonner a bloody beating. His stand up is flawless. That being said, when it comes down to it, I just don't know. Anderson is a phenom and so dominating but he HAS lost before... but Machida definitely hasn't quite been tested to see if he is up there on the P4P ranks with Silva, but he hasn't been proven otherwise either.

I go 2 victories for Lyoto.

No, I'm not a huge nuthugger, I'm just as much of an Anderson Silva fan as I am Lyoto Machida.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Two Machida Match Ups Empty Re: Two Machida Match Ups

Post  Jake Amdahl Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:01 am

I could see Machida maybe grinding out a decision over Evans but it's really tough to say. Evans surprises me every time and he always brings a good game plan. That fight would be one I'd be up to seeing for sure.

As for the Silva match up...I don't see any chance for Machida. Silva is too good for Machida's stand up. Not saying Machida wouldn't be competitive, I just don't think he could out point him. Also, I don't see Machida beating Silva on the ground. As I'v e said before, I think a strong grappler is what it takes to beat Silva.
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:28 pm

Jake Amdahl wrote:I could see Machida maybe grinding out a decision over Evans but it's really tough to say. Evans surprises me every time and he always brings a good game plan. That fight would be one I'd be up to seeing for sure.

As for the Silva match up...I don't see any chance for Machida. Silva is too good for Machida's stand up. Not saying Machida wouldn't be competitive, I just don't think he could out point him. Also, I don't see Machida beating Silva on the ground. As I'v e said before, I think a strong grappler is what it takes to beat Silva.

strong grappler? like who?? henderson is an olympic wrestler and fast at MW. lutter is a BJJ black belt.

i would like to see how anderson does against a strictly strategical and slow paced fighter. a lot of people try pressuring him and it ends badly. one bad take down and a knee ends it. plus, anderson's ground game is far superior to what it used to be now that he trains with the nog brothers. he is a BJJ black belt under them. i see him keeping a tight and dangerous guard against any wrestler. machida has never even been slightly in trouble on the feet. he is matrix like in reflexes. its very hard to attack a guy who's primary focus is avoiding damage. plus i am sure if silva fought a threatening submission guy he would stand to sprawl. maia and palhares would both have trouble getting it to the ground because ALL silva would need to do in his camp is practice his sprawl in preparation for either guy.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:29 pm

DFDmike wrote:
Jake Amdahl wrote:I could see Machida maybe grinding out a decision over Evans but it's really tough to say. Evans surprises me every time and he always brings a good game plan. That fight would be one I'd be up to seeing for sure.

strong grappler? like who?? henderson is an olympic wrestler and fast at MW. lutter is a BJJ black belt.

i would like to see how anderson does against a strictly strategical and slow paced fighter. a lot of people try pressuring him and it ends badly. one bad take down and a knee ends it. plus, anderson's ground game is far superior to what it used to be now that he trains with the nog brothers. he is a BJJ black belt under them. i see him keeping a tight and dangerous guard against any wrestler. machida has never even been slightly in trouble on the feet. he is matrix like in reflexes. its very hard to attack a guy who's primary focus is avoiding damage. plus i am sure if silva fought a threatening submission guy he would stand to sprawl. maia and palhares would both have trouble getting it to the ground because ALL silva would need to do in his camp is practice his sprawl in preparation for either guy.

Lutter was doing WAY better than anybody could have expected til he gassed. He even mounted Silva briefly. If Lutter was a bit more of a diligent fighter he would have trained harder and come in at weight without dehydrating himself.

Henderson was winning the first round of that fight with his wrestling.

I know Silva is great on the ground but his stand up is one of the best in the MMA game right now. I'm not saying he's invincible, I'm saying that in recent history grapplers have given him some trouble. I think there are some fighters out there that can give him some trouble in his stand up (I believe Cote is going to give him a run for his money). I just think that a good and patient grappler can do the job.
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down