The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thiago Alves should get the next title shot

+2
Jennifer
Mortis
6 posters

Go down

Thiago Alves should get the next title shot Empty Thiago Alves should get the next title shot

Post  Mortis Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:45 am

He's on a 7 fight win streak in the UFC, with his last 3 fights being Top 10 fighters at the time of the fights.. Karo Parisyan, Matt Hughes, and now Josh Koscheck. His last loss was against Jon Fitch, who had his chance at the title. It's Thiago's turn.. he has shown that he is a contender, and he's an exciting fighter! GSP vs. Alves would be a fun match to watch.
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Thiago Alves should get the next title shot Empty Re: Thiago Alves should get the next title shot

Post  Jennifer Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:15 am

It's fair to say he deserves a shot but in all honesty, I don't think he will be successful.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Thiago Alves should get the next title shot Empty Re: Thiago Alves should get the next title shot

Post  Mortis Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:30 pm

Jennifer wrote:It's fair to say he deserves a shot but in all honesty, I don't think he will be successful.

Maybe.. maybe not.. but it will be an exciting fight. That's what the UFC wants to see.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:02 pm

his power plus GSPs chin means there is ALWAYS a chance. GSP will always be the superior fighter but he will be in constant chance of flash KO as long as its on the feet, which conveniently enough, is where every round begins.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:38 am

I agree it will be an exciting fight to see. I still think GSP will dominate standing up or on the ground. I seriously expected him to KO Kos and that didn't happen but in this sport anything can happen so who knows. Either way it's one I would pay to see.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rampage Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:29 am

He lost to Jon Fitch, who recently lost to GSP.

I would like to see.

Jon Fitch(8-1 UFC) vs Wilson Gouveia(5-2 UFC) ( Fitch lost to him before UFC)

Winner of that vs Thiago Alves ( Interim Title)
Rampage
Rampage

http://www.myspace.com/trojnmanplease

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:09 pm

Rampage wrote:He lost to Jon Fitch, who recently lost to GSP.

I would like to see.

Jon Fitch JUST had his shot though, 2 months ago.

And... Wilson Gouveia isn't a welterweight. He's a light heavyweight.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:38 pm

Mortis wrote:

I would like to see.

im LOLing.

to top it off, wilson just lost two fights ago to goran reljic.

this is one of those comments you wish you were drunk when you made.

and MMAmath is STUPID

thiago is a completely different fighter than when he fought fitch. fitch wouldnt even be able to take thiago down now.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Amdahl Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:36 pm

DFDmike wrote:his power plus GSPs chin means there is ALWAYS a chance. GSP will always be the superior fighter but he will be in constant chance of flash KO as long as its on the feet, which conveniently enough, is where every round begins.
I'm not really sure you can say GSP has a suspect chin...Matt Serra's punch was on the button and could have knocked out anyone. GSP has taken some pretty serious shots in the past.

...If you were saying anybody who has a chin can be knocked out, then I agree with you. But to say St Pierre has a glass chin is just pure sillyness.
Jake Amdahl
Jake Amdahl

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMatturday...Day? Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:52 pm

You have to expect this fight soon, although he might have to have to fight once before it happens. Not that I'm saying he doesn't already deserve it, just that he'll be waiting a while with GSP Penn 2 in late December.

I'd have GSP as favourite, but I think Alves has the perfect skill set to cause GSP more problems than perhaps anyone else at 170. He's got very dangerous stand-up, great takedown defense and very sold defensive jiu-jitsu. He's a much better fighter since the Fitch loss. I just wonder if he's got the cardio to last with GSP, especially considering the problems he has making weight.
MrMatturday...Day?
MrMatturday...Day?

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:03 pm

Jake Amdahl wrote:
DFDmike wrote:his power plus GSPs chin means there is ALWAYS a chance. GSP will always be the superior fighter but he will be in constant chance of flash KO as long as its on the feet, which conveniently enough, is where every round begins.
I'm not really sure you can say GSP has a suspect chin...Matt Serra's punch was on the button and could have knocked out anyone. GSP has taken some pretty serious shots in the past.

...If you were saying anybody who has a chin can be knocked out, then I agree with you. But to say St Pierre has a glass chin is just pure sillyness.

no. but anyone who HAS been knocked out, obviously runs more of a risk than those who have not. hughes has a great chin too. you cant really say GSP has a proven good chin either. we just know that one punch on the button did it.

guys like silva and fedor have never been ko'd along with other guys who have just been rocked like big nog and leben. those guys are not in danger of a flash ko. kos also has proven to have an iron chin. everyone who acts like alves has no chance needs to understand that all it takes is one solid strike.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:58 am

In this sport anything can happen. Everyone has at least a small chance or they wouldn't be there. I just wouldn't put money on him against GSP.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rampage Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:33 am

Mortis wrote:

I would like to see.

totally forgot about wilson haha
Rampage
Rampage

http://www.myspace.com/trojnmanplease

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down