The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anderson silva VS Damian maia

4 posters

Go down

Anderson silva VS Damian maia Empty Anderson silva VS Damian maia

Post  chainsaw Rivera Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:31 pm

I allways belived to beat silva you would need someone who is a black belt in jiu-jitsu.Iike joe rogan said!maia is higher then black belt! If this fight happens I would put my money on maia,first round submission.
chainsaw Rivera
chainsaw Rivera

Back to top Go down

Anderson silva VS Damian maia Empty Re: Anderson silva VS Damian maia

Post  Jennifer Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:40 pm

Nice choice. This would be interesting to see.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:02 am

anderson IS a BB in BJJ under nog brothers, so he isnt that far behind damien.

i pick anderson due to his reach and maia's weak wrestling ability. he will be too scared to shoot and wont be able to close the distance to clinch. their striking ability is so far off from one another and its not like maia is "stronger" so he wont physically dominate either.

i think to beat anderson, you either need a KO puncher with a good chin, or just a smothering blanket of a wrestler (still with a good chin.) however, i dont see anyone beating him in the division currently. if GSP had a better chin, id say at the same weight, GSP.

i think machida would beat anderson though.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  chainsaw Rivera Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:30 pm

Yes anderson's a black belt BUT he's not CLOSE to maia's BJJ at all! all maia needs is one leg or he could just pull guard. he's a monster in the ground. The problem with finding fighter's with good knock out power and good chin is,most of them are brawler's.Anderson can't be beat by a thos type of fighters.GSP could beat him with his wrestling.
chainsaw Rivera
chainsaw Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:33 pm

They might pit Maia against Anderson for the belt.. that would be a fun matchup to watch. Or.. give him one more fight. Maia vs. Okami perhaps?
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Post  chainsaw Rivera Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:46 pm

Rumor has it,that maia might be a coach with bisping so they might go at it.MAIA ALL THE WAY!!!
chainsaw Rivera
chainsaw Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:10 pm

"maia is higher then black belt"

well... not really. BJJ is weird. yes, he is "second degree." so is werdum, ricardo almedia (also MW) and maybe others too that i dont know. allan goes is 4th degree i think.

all that to say, i think only certain "dojos" or w/e it is, acknowledge "degrees." i think its primarily a gracie thing... so both nogs are just black belts and thats all they'll ever be. im not super sure but "degrees" dont really mean much.

not to discredit him, he is an AMAZING sub guy. id actually like him to go against palhares. but, theres not really... "higher" than BB.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:10 pm

oh, just remembered, ironically enough, marquardt was just awarded 2nd degree, hehe
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  chainsaw Rivera Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:09 pm

I would like to see that fight,maia VS palhares.That would be a BJJ WAR!
chainsaw Rivera
chainsaw Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:50 am

DFDmike wrote:

Agreed, I think Machida would get the win over Anderson. If I had to guess how, I would probably say by decision but that's a tough call with these two.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:35 pm

Jennifer wrote:
DFDmike wrote:

Agreed, I think Machida would get the win over Anderson. If I had to guess how, I would probably say by decision but that's a tough call with these two.

It's difficult to bet against a guy who has samurai blood running through his veins Very Happy... hehe, I like Machida.. he definitely has the tools to become a champion.. but, I'd like to see Silva stay at Middleweight and not keep coming up to 205. Just like, I don't want to see BJ fight at welterweight. It's fuckin' up the order!! lol
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:05 am

Haha yea, I know what you are saying. I think Anderson has plans to fight in both classes for now. Doesn't seem healthy to go up and down so randomly but I guess they know what they are doing.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:09 am

Mortis wrote:

It's difficult to bet against a guy who has samurai blood running through his veins Very Happy... hehe, I like Machida.. he definitely has the tools to become a champion.. but, I'd like to see Silva stay at Middleweight and not keep coming up to 205. Just like, I don't want to see BJ fight at welterweight. It's fuckin' up the order!! lol

Hey so I was thinking, this fight with BJ and GSP.........it's a welterweight title fight. GSP has everything to lose and Penn has nothing to lose........not that I think BJ will get a win over GSP but it just doesn't seem fair.

Just a random thought.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:59 am

Jennifer wrote:
Mortis wrote:

Hey so I was thinking, this fight with BJ and GSP.........it's a welterweight title fight. GSP has everything to lose and Penn has nothing to lose........not that I think BJ will get a win over GSP but it just doesn't seem fair.

Just a random thought.

You're right. But Penn is greedy... if he actually wins this fight, then he'll probably want to go for the middleweight title as well (but as long as Anderson's got that belt, Penn doesn't have a chance). And since BJ Penn is one of the UFC's top guys, they let him do whatever he wants. And of course, GSP won't back down from a fight.

I still think GSP's gonna win it.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:09 pm

Mortis wrote:

You're right. But Penn is greedy... if he actually wins this fight, then he'll probably want to go for the middleweight title as well (but as long as Anderson's got that belt, Penn doesn't have a chance). And since BJ Penn is one of the UFC's top guys, they let him do whatever he wants. And of course, GSP won't back down from a fight.

I still think GSP's gonna win it.

Penn is definately greedy. You are so right about that and GSP is very confident in his game so he would never say no.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down