The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rashad Evans vs. Forrest Griffin fight last night (12/27)

4 posters

Go down

Rashad Evans vs. Forrest Griffin fight last night (12/27) Empty Rashad Evans vs. Forrest Griffin fight last night (12/27)

Post  Mortis Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:04 pm

First off, very good fight. Both Forrest and Rashad did well.

But something that bothered me. I'm beginning to get tired of the showboating by Rashad Evans. I know it's all for show, and he was respectful to Forrest after that fight, and they shook hands and gave each other a hug and all..... but during the fight, Forrest got a nice little run on him, and after the combo.... Rashad grabbed his nuts and blew Forrest a kiss. Come on... seriously, Rashad? That's not showboating, that's disrespect. I know it was to get inside Forrest's head.. but still...
Mortis
Mortis

http://www.myspace.com/sicknoise

Back to top Go down

Rashad Evans vs. Forrest Griffin fight last night (12/27) Empty Re: Rashad Evans vs. Forrest Griffin fight last night (12/27)

Post  Jennifer Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:12 am

I am sorry if this offends anyone but I think Rashad is a d**k. I have always thought he was childish and disrespectful but last night reminded of a 13 year old boy trying to look cool in front of all of his friends.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Rashad Evans vs. Forrest Griffin fight last night (12/27) Empty Re: Rashad Evans vs. Forrest Griffin fight last night (12/27)

Post  DFDmike Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:36 pm

i love him and his fighting. he is a slow starter and i think him doing his taunts not only gets in his opponent's head but also, gets him confident and comfortable enough to open up and dismantle his opponents. i think rashad faces a lot of nerves and his movement and facial expressions help him overcome them. rashad really is humble in interviews pre fight and post fight. and quite frankly, i don't care about his in fight antics. i don't know how i'd pick match ups against machida or rampage. you just can't count him out.

also, i've been saying for a LONG time forrest isn't even top 10. he is over hyped. they say he has amazing conditioning, he gets out of breath. they say he never stops coming and takes a beating, he gets knocked the hell out. they say he has a good ground game, he can't do anything mounting rampage and his guard is awful. they say he has the hardest kicks, rashad shrugs them off, he just caught page with one in a bad spot. christ, i would pick ryan bader over him...
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:41 pm

DFDmike wrote:i love him and his fighting. he is a slow starter and i think him doing his taunts not only gets in his opponent's head but also, gets him confident and comfortable enough to open up and dismantle his opponents. i think rashad faces a lot of nerves and his movement and facial expressions help him overcome them. rashad really is humble in interviews pre fight and post fight. and quite frankly, i don't care about his in fight antics. i don't know how i'd pick match ups against machida or rampage. you just can't count him out.

also, i've been saying for a LONG time forrest isn't even top 10. he is over hyped. they say he has amazing conditioning, he gets out of breath. they say he never stops coming and takes a beating, he gets knocked the hell out. they say he has a good ground game, he can't do anything mounting rampage and his guard is awful. they say he has the hardest kicks, rashad shrugs them off, he just caught page with one in a bad spot. christ, i would pick ryan bader over him...

You're probably right about Rashad.. that's probably how he deals with his nerves. He is humble in interviews and after fights.

Now for Forrest, the problem with him is not that he's not a Top 10 fighter.. he's beaten Top 10 guys.. dominated Shogun, and had a nice showing with Rampage... the problem is that he's inconsistent. He'll kick ass in one fight, and look half assed in another.

Now onto the future of the Lightheavyweights. Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva is coming up on January 31. Both 13-0... the winner of that fight should fight Rashad Evans for the title in March or April, I think.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  chainsaw Rivera Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:17 pm

Rashad gets me pissed to,but as long as respect is shown after the fight I all ways get over it.

I Disagree with forrest not being top ten.Like mortis said,he did beat shogun and rampage.He has great technical striking since he was winning the fight and he was messing up rashads leg to.His guard is very good to,he kept rampage from doing any ground and pound in there fight.I know forrest will come back and get a title shot again!
chainsaw Rivera
chainsaw Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortis Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:45 pm

I'm willing to bet that we'll see Rampage vs. Forrest II in the near future.
Mortis
Mortis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:38 am

Forrest/Rampage II is very likely now.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:31 am

Mortis wrote:
DFDmike wrote:i love him and his fighting. he is a slow starter and i think him doing his taunts not only gets in his opponent's head but also, gets him confident and comfortable enough to open up and dismantle his opponents. i think rashad faces a lot of nerves and his movement and facial expressions help him overcome them. rashad really is humble in interviews pre fight and post fight. and quite frankly, i don't care about his in fight antics. i don't know how i'd pick match ups against machida or rampage. you just can't count him out.

You're probably right about Rashad.. that's probably how he deals with his nerves. He is humble in interviews and after fights.

Now for Forrest, the problem with him is not that he's not a Top 10 fighter.. he's beaten Top 10 guys.. dominated Shogun, and had a nice showing with Rampage... the problem is that he's inconsistent. He'll kick ass in one fight, and look half assed in another.

Now onto the future of the Lightheavyweights. Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva is coming up on January 31. Both 13-0... the winner of that fight should fight Rashad Evans for the title in March or April, I think.

shogun beat himself by not coming in cardio shape and gassing. it wasn't really losing the skill match. and rampage just wasn't aggressive and it cost him the controversial decision. just the way i see it. i don't know... i mean, him getting the W does mean a lot but i think it was pretty much flukes. i never see him beating rampage again no matter how many times they fight. it's just hard to pinpoint what it is... like... what is he really that good at?? and if you say he's just really tough and a grinder, that's great... but he doesn't have the chin to really make that be enough to be the best.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down