The Lights Out Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My UFC Fight Night 17 breakdown is up!

4 posters

Go down

My UFC Fight Night 17 breakdown is up! Empty My UFC Fight Night 17 breakdown is up!

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:35 am

Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

My UFC Fight Night 17 breakdown is up! Empty Re: My UFC Fight Night 17 breakdown is up!

Post  The Cody Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:25 am

Hey great breakdown dude, but when your doing a breakdown man you have to talk alot more of the fighters strengths, weaknesses, and past fights to make the fight more interesting so people will tune in to watch it ya know. And you got to do homework on the unknown fighters by checking out sherdog.com or other mma sites that give you backgrounds of other fights. I know that they shouldnt be so long (trust me I try hard to make them shorter) but it helps build up the fight for the people who read it. I am no expert by all means but just trying to help a fellow TLOS fan give a good breakdown, but good job all around.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

My UFC Fight Night 17 breakdown is up! Empty Re: My UFC Fight Night 17 breakdown is up!

Post  DFDmike Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:38 am

The Cody wrote:Hey great breakdown dude, but when your doing a breakdown man you have to talk alot more of the fighters strengths, weaknesses, and past fights to make the fight more interesting so people will tune in to watch it ya know. And you got to do homework on the unknown fighters by checking out sherdog.com or other mma sites that give you backgrounds of other fights. I know that they shouldnt be so long (trust me I try hard to make them shorter) but it helps build up the fight for the people who read it. I am no expert by all means but just trying to help a fellow TLOS fan give a good breakdown, but good job all around.

i think it is more than enough. he does a good job. quite frankly, i could care less what some guy who just looked at someone's fightfinder on sherdog has to say about the fighter. maybe go on youtube or something but no one CARES about the lesser known fighters in the breakdown, just the main ones. that's why when you see the prediction videos on ufc.com, they are just the main fights.

however, the tibau/clementi fight is probably worthy of a breakdown.
DFDmike
DFDmike

http://myspace.com/dfdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:51 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

And yeah Cody I understand what you mean. It is something I can work on in the future, talking a bit more about a fighter's strengths and weaknesses and such... I just have the tendency of being a bit too 'wordy' and I didn't want to write a really long article b/c most people have told me in the past to keep things nice and short when doing these.

As far as writing more about the lesser known fighters, again that's something I should work on... but also Mike makes a very good point. I mean yeah I could check their record and watch their youtube vids or something, but still it's a lesser known fighter making his debut so yes the fans do need to know a little bit about the guy (I should have mentioned Stojnic's striking ability) but at the end of the day... people won't really care about an unknown fighter until he makes his debut. Take Junior Dos Santos for example before he fought Verdum, nobody gave a crap about Dos Santos and expected Werdum to get a quick finish and then BAM down goes Werdum and we have a new HW prospect in the UFC lol.

Yes my goal when I write these articles is to pump people up for the cards, but are they honestly going to get pumped up about Denis Stojnic? Most people are more excited to see Cain fight again lol.

But it is something I will work on, I'll add a bit more detail when predicting a fight with a lesser known guy.

Again thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it!
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:01 am

it's really not a weak point. this is just an UFN and people just don't care. i mean, yeah, a GSP vs BJ breakdown or a fedor vs arlovski breakdown is one you would be more specific on, but this card is not one someone wants to read a lot about. you have to please people and with moderately lessened hyped fights you need to be quick and to the point. plus, these match ups are pretty one sided except for neer vs. danzig and you made that clear. unless you are a renowned MMA analyst, people just don't care about lengthy reads.

but for the record, here's what you do with a lesser known up and comer. find out his style, record, level of competition, and training camp. if none of them are noteworthy, don't BS anything and just say "don't know much about him as he is new to the big stage so anything can happen, but the clear favorite is ______ (ex. cain velasquez)"

also props on getting your second analysis posted. which another thing to consider cody is that he is writing these for TLOS main page and i am sure they appreciate the streamlined forwardness of his writing style and not taking up a ton of room as they have many news headers.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:30 am

You are doing a good job Mitch. Keep it up.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:43 am

Thank you! Very Happy

And yeah Mike I see what you mean bro.

Anyway thanks for all the kind words everyone, I'm planning on writing a full review of the card as well after I watch the event so that should be up around sunday or monday or whenever the TLOS dudes put it up lol.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  The Cody Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:21 am

Junior Dos Santos is the perfect example why you should do your homework on the lesser known fighters, because you know the people who do the TLOS challenge or UFC Fantasy my read your breakdowns and if you say Junior Dos Santos has very heavy hands and majority wins via (T) KO, they might say "Ok Werdum lacks experience in the striking department, but he still likes to stand up and strike but against Dos Santos might be a bad idea so I am going to pick Dos Santos via KO" ya know?? I mean i know i suck when it comes to picking fights but hey every dog has his day and it's like Chris Fries and The JDH say it is the lesser known fighters and undercard fights that kills you in the challenges you know? But like I said im no expert, my breakdown's aren't perfect either holmes.
The Cody
The Cody

Back to top Go down

Post  DFDmike Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:31 am

The Cody wrote:Junior Dos Santos is the perfect example why you should do your homework on the lesser known fighters, because you know the people who do the TLOS challenge or UFC Fantasy my read your breakdowns and if you say Junior Dos Santos has very heavy hands and majority wins via (T) KO, they might say "Ok Werdum lacks experience in the striking department, but he still likes to stand up and strike but against Dos Santos might be a bad idea so I am going to pick Dos Santos via KO" ya know?? I mean i know i suck when it comes to picking fights but hey every dog has his day and it's like Chris Fries and The JDH say it is the lesser known fighters and undercard fights that kills you in the challenges you know? But like I said im no expert, my breakdown's aren't perfect either holmes.

no amount of homework could have predicted that. that was just an upset, they aren't supposed to be seen coming or else it wouldn't be one. werdum went the distance striking with arlovski and tko'd gonzaga twice. he had NEVER been ko'd. he also fought overeem, aleksander emelianenko, sergei kharitonov, nog, tom erikson. that's quite the list to never be put to sleep.

that's really just like predicting cain would've gotten ko'd tonight. wrestler vs striker, lots of power kickbox sambo expert... but it's still ridiculous and cain proved why. could he have got caught like werdum? sure. was it likely? no.
DFDmike
DFDmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:11 pm

Was a good night of fights. I'm gonna go ahead and write up my review later on today and then send it off to the JDH and Chris Fries to post it up on the site.
Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Ciccarelli Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:01 am

Mitch Ciccarelli
Mitch Ciccarelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down